‘be Careful In Southern Thailand’

nogutsnoapplepie

NIBONG TEBAL: Malaysians have been advised to be cautious when visiting relatives in southern Thailand during the Hari Raya celebrations because the situation there is still uncertain.

Foreign Ministry parliamentary secretary Datuk Zainal Abidin Osman said those going to Thailand were also advised not to get involved in political activities that could land them in trouble with Thai authorities.

“The government advisory to our people going to Thailand remains because we do not want them to face unnecessary trouble.

“We expect more Malaysians to visit southern Thailand to meet their relatives in view of the festive season.

“They just have to be cautious, not ask for trouble and respect the laws of that country,” he said yesterday.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...8026&sec=nation

NOTE THE LAST TWO PARAGRAPHS IN THIS ARTICLE

Two Die in Thailand's Separatist Violence

Sun Nov 14, 9:45 PM ET World - AP Asia

By ALISA TANG, Associated Press Writer

BANGKOK, Thailand - Suspected Islamic militants gunned down a Buddhist ex-policeman and a migrant worker Sunday in the latest violence to hit Thailand's tense, mostly Muslim deep south, police said.

The provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat are the only Muslim-majority areas in predominantly Buddhist Thailand. The revival of a decades-old separatist struggle there is thought to be behind attacks that have left more than 500 people dead in the area this year.

The body of Lance Cpl. Aroon Pongchangkid, 48, was found riddled with bullets from an M-16 rifle in the bathroom of his house at his rubber and fruit plantation in Yala province's Krong Penang district, said police Sub-Lt. Karoon Limpirojrit.

A 27-year-old rubber tapper from neighboring Myanmar, identified only as Ton, also died at the house from multiple gunshot wounds, apparently from a similar weapon, Karoon said.

"We believe that the insurgents broke into the house and killed them in order to scare away the Buddhists from the area, because the attackers did not take any valuables from his house," he said.

The shootings followed a spate of bombings that left one Buddhist man dead and at least 27 people wounded Friday and Saturday in the region, near the Malaysian border.

In a separate incident late Saturday, alleged insurgents torched two trucks from a construction company building a bridge in Narathiwat province's Ruesor district, police said.

The region has been particularly tense since security forces broke up a violent protest by thousands of young Muslim in Narathiwat on Oct. 25. Seven protesters were fatally shot, while another 78 suffocated or were crushed to death after being bound and stacked into army trucks.

Southern Thai Muslims accuse the central government of discriminating against them, especially in employment and education. Critics say the government has provoked further strife by using heavy-handed tactics.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was scheduled to meet Sunday with about 20 university professors, who were expected to urge the government to use diplomacy rather than force. He acknowledged on Saturday that the violence is "not that easy to stop."

******Meanwhile, Interior Minister Bhokin Bhalakula said Sunday that a Malaysian youth group's offer last week to raise 1 million ringgit (US$264,000, euro204,000) for the families of victims of the Oct. 25 riot was "unacceptable" and an "act of interference by Malaysia."

******"The incident is the internal affair of Thailand, and we are working out how to resolve the problem," he said before entering the talks. "That small amount of money cannot help, it will only create more problems."

This amount is a little over 10,000,000 baht. Isn't this more than the amount

made available to the families of the men who died?

I am surprised that the people down south have not taken their fight directly to Thaksin and taken out his corporate headquarters and his 1,000s of antennae all over the country

If they did it is going to be a blood bath.

Should Thailand (face value aside) invite a neutral mediator to open up this 'crisis talk'?

(hey wait a minute.. sounds like i'm reading a news ad on the mid east!) :o

Lady,

Well I have a bunch of Muslim friends. They constantly try to convert me over

and I act like I am right on the edge of converting then I ask alot of new questions.

Its a alot of fun.

Anyways they tell me their (Islams) goal is to convert all people on this earth

to Islam or kill them. They actually want to give people a chance to convert

over before they are killed. Mohammed said when all people on this earth

are Muslim then Allah will come back (same as Christians Rapture) and reward

all Muslims with gold, camels, virgins etc.

So that there is the whole catalyst.

Lady,

Well I have a bunch of Muslim friends. They constantly try to convert me over

and I act like I am right on the edge of converting then I ask alot of new questions.

Its a alot of fun.

Anyways they tell me their (Islams) goal is to convert all people on this earth

to Islam or kill them. They actually want to give people a chance to convert

over before they are killed. Mohammed said when all people on this earth

all Muslims with gold, camels, virgins etc. 

So that there is the whole catalyst.

This only goes to show that religion is the root to all evil, if I had a choice I would become a Budhist, it's more a way of life than the Christian-Muslim- Jewish way of thinking.

This only goes to show that religion is the root to all evil, if I had a choice I would become a Budhist, it's more a way of life than the Christian-Muslim- Jewish way of thinking.

Where do you live that you do not have a choice? Not too many countries left that do not allow religious freedom. Choose Buddhism if that resonates with you. Your family and friends will respect your choice if it is from the heart. :o

Where do you live that you do not have a choice? Not too many countries left that do not allow religious freedom. Choose Buddhism if that resonates with you. Your family and friends will respect your choice if it is from the heart. :o

FYI all the muslim countries DOES NOT allow muslim to convert to other religion. For example the country nearest to Thailand, that is Malaysia. In other more radical muslim countries, muslim who converts to other religion would be punnish to death. In fact they would make sure it is a slow death. And for sure your family will disowned you. There is NO FREEDOM OF CHOICE if you are a muslim.

Explorer :D

I have made my choice, I'm living in Denmark, and I'm study all I can find about how to become a Bhudist.

Quote...Nam Kao.....

"Mohammed said when all people on this earth

all Muslims with gold, camels, virgins etc. "

Virgins.........where do I sign up !! Hahahaha !!

mmm...camels, are they sexy ones? :o

apparently 99% of men who have tried camels , prefer women.

what religion does not promise something intangible like a wonderful next life.

what is it that stops people from enjoying this one.

maybe if the supposed elected and decended leaders stopped stiving to be as flash as a gangster rapper and concentrated on making life more livable for their people, there would be less people striving to hurry their own demise in the hunt for the promised land.

teach logic , not religion.

bah :D