Cable Tv

lordofdelusion

We will be moving soon from Patong, where we have UBC, to a house in Chalong with cable. Can anyone tell me what's on this service? I am told it has some Astro vision from Malaysia, Thai TV and some western movie and news channels. But I can't get in the house until next month to check. I would really like to have American Football starting in September and some movies and news. I'm partial to CNN and CNBC. Any help is appreciated.

We will be moving soon from Patong, where we have UBC, to a house in Chalong with cable. Can anyone tell me what's on this service? I am told it has some Astro vision from Malaysia, Thai TV and some western movie and news channels. But I can't get in the house until next month to check. I would really like to have American Football starting in September and some movies and news. I'm partial to CNN and CNBC. Any help is appreciated.

CNN and Fox and maybe 10 plus other English channels :o

Your in luck then ... movie channels are great - much much better than HBO etc ... since they show recent movies and only 1 or 2 times not over and over again.

Downside is no schedule - so pot luck with the 2 English (Thai subtitled) channels.

CNN Headline News, FOX, BBC World, ABC, DW and NHK should suffice on news front.

Both the cable stations in Chalong (PC and ?? sorry forgot the name, but PC is better IMO) use DSTv (Multichoice SA) for sport - not sure about grid iron.

CNBC you'll have to get UBC for - its not on either but Bloomberg is FTA if you have a stalittle dish on AsiaSat3.

Don't agree about movies being repeated. I'm on cable and moview are repeated frequently. About 70 channels in various languages - mainly Thai, of course. Al jazeera in addition to the news channels mentioned. Rotating Supersports (three showing per time) and some other sports channels (incl Thai). It's so so; UBC far better, IMO.

My thought on UBC...

1) lost signal every time it rains.

2) adverts during sporting events, especially formula 1 (no ads breaks on cheapie cable TV)

3) only 2 general sports channels and many sports events are not covered (but UBC good for UK football)

4) very expensive (compared with cable) @ 2,000 + vat for platinum service

But have to agree that UBC good for History, Discovery, & Nat Geo.

It would be nice to know who is broadcasting what. My UBC subscription is up for renewal next month, and would not mind a cheaper option.

I do know though that with UBC I get: British Premier League, F1, Moto GP, NFL (partly ESPN/Star, partly UBC), a couple of baseball games a week, some Italian, Spanish, French and Dutch Football, plus besides sports e.g. History Channel, CNN, BBC, Discovery and Nat Geo. No winter sports though like skieing or speed skating.

What do the cable companies have to offer, anybody knows?

Cable companies are local to an area, usually 2 choice of supplier in each area. Much the same range of programs, up to about 60 channels, and it's best to call round to their local office and flick through the channels to see what you get.

All usually have BBC, CNN, and Fox news channels.

All usually have a reality & a series channels & Australian TV.

All usually have TV3 (French), Rai (Italian), DV (German), & TVE (Spain).

All usually have 3 (some 4) sports channels from SuperSports. (But usually not American Football & in depth local UK football).

All usully have 3 movie channels (in English), but with no schedule AT ALL.

Cable DOES NOT have History, Discovery, Nat Geo, or Animal Plant. But cable does have those type of look-alike programs IN THAI.

If you are football fan, american football & basketball fan, movie fan, documentary fan... then you need UBC.

P.S. I don't have UBC, for me it's just not worth the money.

how do i go about finding the second cable company? i have cable in phuket.. its pretty good but maybe the other one is better..

Only channel i could find the shchedule is TV5(french).. the movie channel around 45(mm2) well.. i found it but it seems to be a year late or something because the movies who play on it arent even on the website for the most part.

cable is a must imo, you have that weird asian martial art channel around 47-48 with old papies sporting the kungfu beard in a ton of movie with the same story line.. in chineese with very funny english subtitles