Europeans Flocking To Isaan In Search For Wives

george

The government raised the fees for marriage requirements. A Werstern poor retired person can not afford a 1000 USD a month , but can he can still be a boast to the Thai economy. In the USA amd UK, these governments

have excepted poor foreigners in their respective countries. Easterm European low skill workers' can get residence/citizenship eventually. The USA and UK are multi-cultured socities unlike Thailand and most of Asia. I know a Chinese man, he lived in Thailand for 60 years and he still can't get citizenship and he is in thailand legally. The Thai government should be ashamed of it self. Italy has to except all those refugese from Africa, but Thailand does not want to except

hmong ,Burmise, or it own hill tribes as citizens. The Thai government

last

month ordered to have a DNA test for the hill tribe people

because a lot of them got their citizenship taken away from them because

the blood

was not Thai. Watch a shame for a country with a so-called good international image.

Edited by RDN (to make it readable)

Edited by RDN

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai government

last

month ordered to have a DNA test for the hill tribe people

because a lot of them got their citizenship taken away from them because

the blood

was not Thai.

So, in practical terms, one needs to carry a plastic pouch with Thai blood as well as a clean urine sample when out clubbing in future? :o

I give my Isaan girl a reasonable monthly allowance... more than enough for her and her 2 kids. She recently told me about her Brother getting his girlfriend up the duff, meaning they must marry urgently. Her Mother instructed her to ask me for 30,000 baht to help pay the dowry for him.

My response of 'F@cj 6ff xxx amndk w@@';;.,fsf-e' conveyed the fact that there was no way I was going to bail the stupid <deleted> for not wearing a condom and that it wasn't my problem.

Did I do the right thing? :D

:D

Actually I did bail him out (My Brother-inLaw), but only 20,000 Baths (opps Baht) 10 years later, he paid us back. Never loose FACE in Thailand, "so it is told" and he did not. :o

Welcome to Thailand :D

Edited by Kan Win

I give my Isaan girl a reasonable monthly allowance... more than enough for her and her 2 kids. She recently told me about her Brother getting his girlfriend up the duff, meaning they must marry urgently. Her Mother instructed her to ask me for 30,000 baht to help pay the dowry for him.

My response of 'F@cj 6ff xxx amndk w@@';;.,fsf-e' conveyed the fact that there was no way I was going to bail the stupid <deleted> for not wearing a condom and that it wasn't my problem.

Did I do the right thing? :o

I also have married an Isaan lady and can say she is an angel. We have lived here in the USA now for 4 years and my life has never been happier. I also knew when I married her that I also married the family. Yes, I have helped out when some of the family members are in need, but I would do this for any of my family. A major part of Thai Culture and especially Isaan families is those that have in the family help those who do not have. It's your family and if that's the way you deal with it fine, but as for me.. I will always extend the helping hand. There is always help not only for the widows son, but also my family.

JD

This is very good for Thailand and for the economy, but the government does not want this.  That is why they have all these laws to try to keep foreigners from doing this.  They only want foreigners to come as tourist  and stay for a short time and go back home where you came from.   

Why do you punish yourself by staying on in Thailand ? The Tech can't be a fancy a place to work ( other than a bit of free internet :o )

Hi all you farangs out there who have contributed to this topic/thread, this should be required reading for any of us who are thinking of tieing a knot with a Thai lady. Great viewpoints, fascinating anecdotes, a wealth of experience on offer. Do I see the beginnings of a book here....? Well done, all.!

Hi all you farangs out there who have contributed to this topic/thread, this should be required reading for any of us who are thinking of tieing a knot with a Thai lady. Great viewpoints, fascinating anecdotes, a wealth of experience on offer. Do I see the beginnings of a book here....? Well done, all.!

Some of us are planning a tollway into Isaan for farang use :o

The foreigners flocking to Isaan to find Thai brides are too late. I got the best one 33 years ago and there may not be many good 'uns left.

I am pleased to note from members of this forum that others are satisfied and happy with their Isaan partners however, there are a lot of gold diggers out there so for new suitors, caveat emptor!

HELLO Petertheeater! Well surprise ,surprise,surprise I'se got me a little baby doll who just loves me too death and takes care of me also here in the Ban Thaen -Chaiyaphum area. About 2 years now and she can speak English,Thai and Mandarin as well as her father who spent time in Saudi as a tailor probably from your home town??

Did I do the right thing? :o

My opinion (after reading thru all the posts) is that you did the right thing. What's the brother do for a living? Does he (or Mom) have any land he (they) could sell to pay the dowry? He got her pregnant not you (right?). A little joking there, sorry.

Issan women are great. Some better than others, and like anywhere else, some that are not so nice. I went thru a tough (emotional for me) divorce to one after 10 years of marriage (she had found herself a Thai boyfriend). It hurt, but we get over these things. Now on my second Issan marriage (married 11 months now) and so far things are great again.

Not Eh, More women in the parlament and government may change policy to endorse this which is helping Thailand ridding itself of poverty. The government can't solve the problem, so all the foreigners are. I Thank all you foreigners. Now , it is the government's turn to thank all of us.

Not Eh,  More women in the parlament and government may change policy to endorse this which is helping Thailand  ridding itself of poverty.  The government can't solve the problem, so all the foreigners are. I Thank all you foreigners. Now , it is the government's turn to thank all of us.

If we're foreigners , are you Thai then ?

Not Eh,  More women in the parlament and government may change policy to endorse this which is helping Thailand  ridding itself of poverty.  The government can't solve the problem, so all the foreigners are. I Thank all you foreigners. Now , it is the government's turn to thank all of us.

If we're foreigners , are you Thai then ?

A Thai called Britainmal. I doubt that he's Thai Chon. Just another Dodger :o

For better or for worse, Europeans are flocking to the Northeast in search of wives

Listen for those still flocking and don't seem to have enough funds to get to the Issan, stop by Chiang Mai, you can have mine..... marked down and discounted, looking for a good home and will throw in 1 cat. Includes ready made family of 45 +/- [depends on this weeks "deaths in the family list"]... But please, only to a good home..... cooks great, eates better and is a very good housekeeper....... has kept 3 already..... principals only.... Remember THIS TOO CAN BE YOURS IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT....

QUOTE(Nam Kao @ 2004-11-14 22:22:52)

Dont give their families a dime.  I never did besides helping her mother and

my wife didnt lose face etc.

Some of the brothers and sisters tried to pry some $$ out of me but I just

cried poor-mouth and now they wouldnt even think of asking.

Once you crack open the wallet for 1 - the rest will come running like

blood sucking leeches. 

It's amazing reading posts like this. I am continually amazed at the farang guys that come here and appear to be completely ignorant to the culture - and the trappings thereof. If you can't handle it, pack your bags and go home.

If his in-laws if were white, would there be more willingness to help? And would he ever refer to them as 'leeches'? What a charming chappie.

It's this holier-than-thou attitude which gives farangs a bad rap and with the sort of claptrap and the condescending drivel posted here, I am surprised you're even welcomed by your wives'/gfs' families.

Start showing some respect for the country and the people that didn't invite you here. You made your own way here so accept what you find and for God's (and ours') sake, stop bitching and stop making crass statements.

Nuff said.

:o

QUOTE(Nam Kao @ 2004-11-14 22:22:52)

Dont give their families a dime.  I never did besides helping her mother and

my wife didnt lose face etc.

Some of the brothers and sisters tried to pry some $$ out of me but I just

cried poor-mouth and now they wouldnt even think of asking.

Once you crack open the wallet for 1 - the rest will come running like

blood sucking leeches. 

It's amazing reading posts like this. I am continually amazed at the farang guys that come here and appear to be completely ignorant to the culture - and the trappings thereof. If you can't handle it, pack your bags and go home.

If his in-laws if were white, would there be more willingness to help? And would he ever refer to them as 'leeches'? What a charming chappie.

It's this holier-than-thou attitude which gives farangs a bad rap and with the sort of claptrap and the condescending drivel posted here, I am surprised you're even welcomed by your wives'/gfs' families.

Start showing some respect for the country and the people that didn't invite you here. You made your own way here so accept what you find and for God's (and ours') sake, stop bitching and stop making crass statements.

Nuff said.

:o

I'm with you Sean. Well said :D