Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

I believe they signed Fox in the morning

and managed to play him in the evening!

And he got to wear the new strip!

What the hel_l is that like!?!?

yep, seen that new away kit, wearing that as a replica kit, how is your celtic fans going to be able to go shoplifting, robbing houses, or selling smack on street corners wearing that kit, bit of an mistake by the designers by not considering the average celtic supporters habits, on the plus side it will look nice when sat wearing on a settee next to a 4.99 pence fibre optic lamp.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe they signed Fox in the morning

and managed to play him in the evening!

And he got to wear the new strip!

What the hel_l is that like!?!?

yep, seen that new away kit, wearing that as a replica kit, how is your celtic fans going to be able to go shoplifting, robbing houses, or selling smack on street corners wearing that kit, bit of an mistake by the designers by not considering the average celtic supporters habits, on the plus side it will look nice when sat wearing on a settee next to a 4.99 pence fibre optic lamp.

I think its looks ok.

http://www.oddz.co.uk/blog/2009/05/new-cel...-kit-2009-2010/

Jockstar, the new 'international' kit is fine.

I actually like it. Tartan and all.

Have a wee gander at what we were wearing

against the Egyptians. The 'bumble bee' look.

It worked though. Blinded their goalie.

Link?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8173689.stm

Bad news. Seems like Celtic should have at worst got a draw. No champions league this season seems very likely. Now the full extent of the points tossed away last season like confetti become apparent. :)

Exactly, if you look at the last 3 games of last season we fail to score one goal. Then the most important game of the entire season we

cant even score at home. That is a bad pattern, same old same old .

So, we lost at home to Sunderland.

That's two on the bounce that we've

gone tits up at Parkhead.

Surely this means that we will be superior

away from home this season therefore we'll

have a fine result against the Russians on Wed?

Fine logic from CelticBhoy . . . :)

It's only 1 goal in it.Still alot to play for.

The ruskies are well into their season, and celtic had been caught cold. Maybe a game too far.

A lot to play for indeed. Around 12 million in revenue will be sore for peter lawell to lose.

Walter Smiths view on this.

Rangers boss Smith calls for calendar change

August 1, 2009

Rangers boss Walter Smith has called for a switch to summer football to prevent more European embarrassment for Scottish clubs.

Celtic were first to suffer on Wednesday night when they lost 1-0 to Dinamo Moscow in the first leg of their Champions League third-round qualifier at Parkhead.

The following night Aberdeen were on the wrong end of a 5-1 Europa League qualifying drubbing at home to Sigma Olomouc in the first leg of their third qualifier and Motherwell crashed 3-0 to Steaua Bucharest in Romania in the same competition.

In the previous qualifying round, Falkirk's first foray into European competition was brought to an abrupt halt by an extra-time defeat by Vaduz in Liechtenstein.

While Scottish Football Association chief executive Gordon Smith called has again called for a move to summer football, Celtic boss Tony Mowbray is in favour of the status quo.

But the Ibrox boss said: ''We need to look at moving the season forward. This kind of thing has been mooted before and we keep talking about it in Scotland but never seem to do anything about it.

''It is something that would help our clubs in terms of preparation for these early European games.

''I feel a little bit sorry for the two clubs who were involved on Thursday as they both have new managers who are just in the door.

''Motherwell especially have lost an awful lot of players and at Aberdeen Mark McGhee is trying to put his own stamp on the team.

''But these teams are having to deal with that and play their first games of the season in Europe. We suffer because of that - especially when you're up against teams who have already played a good number of games.

''It would mean starting the season earlier and also having a winter break, which is another thing that has been talked about.

''If this is helpful to any of the clubs playing in Europe then it's something we should consider seriously.

''Over the next few years even the champions and the second placed teams will have to play earlier in the season and if this could help them - and help our coefficient - then it would be a good thing.''

While Scottish Football Association chief executive Gordon Smith called has again called for a move to summer football, Celtic boss Tony Mowbray is in favour of the status quo.

I must agree. I saw them twice at the Apollo

in the 80's and they were great. Even once at

Wembley for Live Aid.

I have a feeling the 'Tic would have a pretty

decent chance against the four old rockers.

:)

Nice one CelticBhoy. I never really liked them.

Looking forward to the match at our place next week boys?

Very much so. And unlike some we wont mention, when we come to Manchester it will be to party. Win, lose or draw :D

Quite right grandslam. Wish I was in Manchester myself, should be a good atmosphere.

ugust 2, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Gary Caldwell played down suggestions by Celtic manager Tony Mowbray that some of the Parkhead squad are already suffering from fatigue.

Celtic prepared for the second leg of their Champions League third qualifier against Dinamo Moscow on Wednesday by losing 2-1 at home to Sunderland in a friendly on Saturday.

Mowbray confounded those who believed that, with the crucial return game in Moscow four days away and his side 1-0 down from the first game, he would at least start the match against the Black Cats with his strongest XI.

Instead, he fielded a second-string side although first-team regulars such as Scott McDonald, Aiden McGeady, Shaun Maloney and Caldwell all made second-half appearances.

Goals either side of the break from Kieran Richardson and Kenwyne Jones gave the visitors a well-deserved lead until Hoops midfielder Marc Crosas pulled a goal back.

The former West Brom boss had sensed some fatigue among his players before the game, claiming that trips to Australia, Wales and England for pre-season games may have been a factor.

However, despite another long trip to Moscow looming on Monday, Caldwell said: ''As footballers you have to get on with it and deal with it.

''We have played a lot of games and done a lot of travelling and last Wednesday night (against Dinamo) was a tough game.

''The intensity of that game and having it so early makes it more difficult to recover from. But we have to be better than that and rise above the challenge of being tired.''

Celtic have never won a European tie after losing the first leg at home and they last tasted victory on foreign soil six years ago, defeating MTK Hungaria 4-0 in Budapest in a Champions League qualifier.

Caldwell, though, is confident of making history on Wednesday if the Parkhead side get their tactics right.

''I think we can score twice over there,'' the Scotland defender said. ''We could have scored three or four in the first game.

''But we have to get the balance right, we have to make sure we don't get caught on the break. There's no use scoring two if we lose two or three, because we will still be out.

''We have to be disciplined in our play and not throw too many players forward early on, and see if we can create chances with the forwards that we have got.

''But I'm sure we have enough in our team to hurt them and break them down and I'm pretty sure we can go through.''

Change the strip lads. QPR used to play in green hoops but changed colour ( admittedly to blue which may be difficult for you ) when a run of poor results showed the green to be unlucky !!

The above makes as much sense as you

would expect from someone with no

Irish roots.

MIRACLE IN MOSCOW

Celtic win 2-0 in Moscow and go through 2-1 in aggregate. Scott McDonald just before half time and Samaras with awinner about a minute or two in injury time. I am in Thailand on holidays so had to rely on BBC text for updates. Its my birthday today. Could not have had a better present. :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Glasgow-Celt...12#entry2922512

Archived