Do You Help The Family?

Doctor John

:o Am I right? No. In the west, you cannot say that it is common for women to go for money alone. That is absurd. Here, it is the normal way. Why do you think the book," Money number One" was written? It's all about money and how much they can sqeeze out of you.

Cynical? yes, but it appears, a lot of people in this forum live out in the sticks, and don't see the side most of us see every day.

The stories I hear and the things I see, daily, reassure me I am correct in my assumptions.

I'm sure there are many exceptions to the rule, but by and large, this is a money grasping culture and they don't care who they ruin getting it. Iv'e seen men, who have worked hard all their lives, had their life savings taken away for the love of a Thai woman. Grasping and heartless!!! :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many Thai wives/partners would stay together, if their farang could not take care of her family?

This is a grasping culture, who see farangs as money alone.

There are exceptions, but few and far between.  :o  :D

Forgive me but you make this statement as if it something unique to Thai culture and Thai culture alone. There are plenty of gold-diggers in the western world, who want nothing more to marry a man with a lot of money and have to do very little in return for it.

In my case, what is wrong with helping to provide for an improvement in the lives of several people, especially if they are people close to me.

I suppose there is room to make some minor generalizations here, but I don't know that it represents the broad spectrum, in Thailand or anywhere else.

Am I right?

I suppose there is room to make some minor generalizations here, but I don't know that it represents the broad spectrum, in Thailand or anywhere else.

If we were talking about Thailand as a whole then I'd agree but when we're talking about the kind of woman whom most posters on this board come across ie women who are out for money first and foremost.

I think its a key point when addressing this subject.

Why do you think the book," Money number One" was written? It's all about money and how much they can sqeeze out of you.
It was probably writen to sell copies and make money, probably from gulible falangs who belive everything they read :D
Cynical? yes, but it appears, a lot of people in this forum live out in the sticks, and don't see the side most of us see every day.

Gullible? but it appears, a lot of people in this forum live in the tourist resorts, and don't see the side most of us see every day. :D:o

Iv'e seen men, who have worked hard all their lives, had their life savings taken away for the love of a Thai woman.  Grasping and heartless!!! :o

Look at it this way,

If you was a guy in the Western world, you would need to be well off to hang out with women 20 - 30 years younger than you. In Thailand it is the norm.

Rod Stewart does not get his 21 year old lovers cos he is a Young man, he gets them cos he can afford them.

And people like Rod Stewart lose Millions of Dollars in settlements, Millions and Millions.

As far as i know, none have been Thai.

Older guys will always pay for the privilage of having a young Girlfriend or wife or Lover.

It is the same all over the world. :D

If you was a guy in the Western world, you would need to be well off to hang out with women 20 - 30 years younger than you. In Thailand it is the norm.

I thought this thread was about helping the family - nothing to do with the age difference of the wife. My wife is a similar age to myself - we help the family because they need help, nothing to do with age differences.

Been there, done that, wish I had saved 50% of it.

:o Know the feeling.

Me too.

When I first came to Thailand I had a little 'excess' money. I started a business and as many of you may have experienced, that soon turns into a 'typical Thai' income (hand to mouth with tons of work in the middle). So, in ther beginning I helped more than I do now. What I have done instead is to hire family members in preference to others so they can earn their own money. If they want to send it home they are more than welcome to.

I'm sure there are many exceptions to the rule, but by and large, this is a money grasping culture and they don't care who they ruin getting it. Iv'e seen men, who have worked hard all their lives, had their life savings taken away for the love of a Thai woman.  Grasping and heartless!!! :o

They are great actors over here...but also the world over the females are ripping off the gents.

I would have no problem whatsoever giving a generous and respectful family some cash regularly. But when there's no respect there in the first place and they think it's their right with no please and thankyous, they can **** off!!!

Why do you think the book," Money number One" was written?

To make money for the Author and Publisher.

:o

At least it was money earned, not purloined from some gullible farang, who falls foul of an innocent, shy smile, which diguises and grasping, heartless, ungratful Thai pooying, who pure intention is to rip him off.

And all these girls come from non-tourist areas. So in must be inbred. They know why they go to the tourist areas and the families accept money, knowing full well how it has been earned.

At least it was money earned, not purloined from some gullible farang, who falls foul of an innocent, shy smile, which diguises and grasping, heartless, ungratful Thai pooying, who pure intention is to rip him off.

And all these girls come from non-tourist areas. So in must be inbred. They know why they go to the tourist areas and the families accept money, knowing full well how it has been earned.

And the Farangs keep arriving daily by the Planeload.

Even with the chance of a good education they are still unable to resist giving money away :o

Why do you think the book," Money number One" was written?

To make money for the Author and Publisher.

:D

Go on Simbo , how much did she/he/it/they Burn you for ?

:o

Simbo, you sound like you are jealous of the girls. :D

Are you one of these farang that lives on a shoestring budget secretly wishing someone would send you a monthly allowance ? :D

I like to see the girls do well, then again I am financially solvent so I do not worry about what other people get or do not get. Mostly it is the poorer farang that reel in Horror when a guy buys a house or sends some money to a Thai woman. Deep down inside they wish someone would do the same for them. :D

And as for people ripping people off in Thailand, your biggest threat comes from other Farangs, I lived in Pattaya for 14 years and the only people to rip me off where other Farang. :o

:o LOL love it. deduce what you will about me. I just see things as they really are in this wonderful land. This safe haven from the wicked west, where life is easy and the people love you.

I just sit back and observe. Ly low is the best policy here, or you may become another statistic :D

I just see things as they really are in this wonderful land. This safe haven from the wicked west, where life is easy and the people love you.

I just sit back and observe. Ly low is the best policy here, or you may become another statistic :D

Like you did ? :o

Nah, I wont lend any more money to Farangs now. My chances of getting ripped off have dramatically decreased. :D

My partner is pretty independent, though in times when he's had extra money he's sent some home- never asked me for any to send, and he has his own job. Since his family doesn't really have enough to take care of his younger brother, he tries to help the kid out when he can- still in high school- and ONCE he really needed money for the guy's tuition fee and didn't have it and asked for it- something like 2000B. I was happy to give it.

I think the decent ones don't treat us like walking ATMs.

"Steven"

My partner is pretty independent, though in times when he's had extra money he's sent some home- never asked me for any to send, and he has his own job.  Since his family doesn't really have enough to take care of his younger brother, he tries to help the kid out when he can- still in high school- and ONCE he really needed money for the guy's tuition fee and didn't have it and asked for it- something like 2000B.  I was happy to give it.

I think the decent ones don't treat us like walking ATMs.

"Steven"

Well said Steven. :o

:o  LOL  love it. deduce what you will about me. I just see things as they really are in this wonderful land. This safe haven from the wicked west, where life is easy and the people love you.

So why are you still here , pray tell ?

I bought Land in Loei, and I will make a house soon. I do this for my girlfriends future, should I ever leave her , she will have something to fall back on, I really do think of it as OUR house, not hers or mine.

I would not want to put a house in a registered company name or get a lease, too much hassle for me, I would rather give it away if things go pearshaped.

Hello KIWI JAMES ( Mick here ), how is your wife? And how is Hoi Pai ?

I will be back in Loei soon, I will come and see you again!! Have a beer this time. :o

:o  LOL  love it. deduce what you will about me. I just see things as they really are in this wonderful land. This safe haven from the wicked west, where life is easy and the people love you.

:D:D Can't you read?

:D:D Can't you read?

It seems you live near Pattaya and have a low opinion of the whole Thai race , somewhat contentious in my book. Perhaps you are married to a gold digging biatch , I'm pleased for you!

No really!

:D