Can We Have A Sin Bin

Doctor John

Could a sin bin be part of this forum?

Is it possible to do such a thing, it would still enable posters to post on the site, but they would be restricted to a certain section, ' The Sin Bin ', for a period of time, I personally think it would be good fun, for posters and Mods alike

Many of the Forums main characters are Banned, there is no explanation, no recourse, it would be much more fun to section a miscreant rather than execute them without trial.

Just a suggestion, maybe I will get banned for it. :o

Great idea john,

The flame forum :D were banned members meet. would be a lot of crap in there but at least their friends could find them again.

Haven't seen anyone yet in the last year to use my method of getting noticed when banned :D . i'm suprised nobody else came up with it. :o

Great idea.Lets also get rid of a few useless moderators who are only using this website as a power play.

Some people sit at home or on a computor all day and make 1 line comments and snide remarks.If I make 500 usless posts do I also become a moderator.

I am very interested in this sin bin idea. I'd like to volunteer for stay in there, but first can you tell me what kind of sins we will be permitted, and can I wear my latex catsuit???

I think that forum woud have more members than the regular one.

Too many for admin comfort... :o:D

Well BC, you always wear your Catsuit, dont you? :D

[

Many of the Forums main characters are Banned, there is no explanation, no recourse, it would be much more fun to section a miscreant rather than execute them without trial.

Just a suggestion, maybe I will get banned for it. :o

you will be banned whilst under a ban whilst under a ban .....

if someone gets banned surely it only takes 3 minutes to get registered again ...under a different handle ?

There is a Sin Bin, but it is not open to all comers.

The Mods are not supposed to just delete posts, if a post is deemed inappropriate

then the message will be moved to the Sin Bin. Occasionally the big boss, George,

does reinstate posts.

If the infraction is small then the poster may receive a warning, and their

Warning Level will be increased. The warning level is not visible to the user, but Mods can see it. I think the old sw did show it, but the new does not (strange).

For bad abuse of the system then there may be an immediate ban, but the poster will always be informed of the ban and the reason.

It is not politic to advertise the reasons for individual bans.

If you have read the Forum Guidelines then you will know how far you can go.

I was banned by a bigotted moderator.

Nobody would reply,why I was banned.

Two thoughts..

1) Get a life.

2) Welcome to the real world.

George can I suggest looking at what mods do what, do a balance sheet based on useful input from the proposed mods, then kick the dick headed ones.

Then run a recruitment drive where people put up a reason why they should be mods based on their posting history and members vote and elect the other ONE.

Democracy it isn't but fcku it would be fun.

Just a thought.

George can I suggest looking at what mods do what, do a balance based on useful input from the mods, the kick the dick headed ones.

Then run a recruitment drive where people put up a reason why they should be mods based on their posting history and members vote.

What reasons do you think they would give?

George can I suggest looking at what mods do what, do a balance based on useful input from the mods, the kick the dick headed ones.

Then run a recruitment drive where people put up a reason why they should be mods based on their posting history and members vote.

What reasons do you think they would give?

No life strikes a chord for me. Followed by a deep and abiding interest in the business of others> :o

There is a Sin Bin, but it is not open to all comers.

The Mods are not supposed to just delete posts, if a post is deemed inappropriate

then the message will be moved to the Sin Bin.  Occasionally the big boss, George,

does reinstate posts.

If the infraction is small then the poster may receive a warning, and their

Warning Level will be increased.  The warning level is not visible to the user, but Mods can see it. I think the old sw did show it, but the new does not (strange).

For bad abuse of the system then there may be an immediate ban, but the poster will always be informed of the ban and the reason.

It is not politic to advertise the reasons for individual bans.

If you have read the Forum Guidelines then you will know how far you can go.

Good one Astral. This Bog dweller was well balanced. Had a chip on both shoulders. :o

That does lead to the question of how does someone become a moderator ?

Is there a process that is followed ?

They are asked by admins and or mods to take on the role.

....."Many are asked, but few are chosen"...... :o

It is a kinda thankless sort of a task. Definitely not a friend maker sort of role :D

It is a kinda thankless sort of a task. Definitely not a friend maker sort of role :D

Is it worth the money, Doc :D