Thaksin and Wife Fail to Board Return Flight

marshbags

The Nation, breaking news 11-08-08

Ousted PM and wife fail to board flight to Bangkok

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife; Khunying Pojaman Shinawatra did not board a Thai International Airway flight from Beijing to return to Bangkok as earlier scheduled.

A THAI official said that the couple did not show up to board TG 615 flight which left Bejing at 5.35pm. The flight is scheduled to arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport at 9.45pm.

Unquote

I was wondering about this due to the non reporting / breaking news and usual gathering / build up of misguided idolation they get from those who are naive enough to believe they are worthy of such demonstrations.

May they stay away and in their absence, be justly convicted in the highest court in the land, based on evidence that is over poweringly stacked up against them.

IMHO it is the best outcome for Thailand and it,s citizens, if it comes to pass that they do stay out of the country.

Again, HTF can they be allowed to travel abroad unless it was to facilitate what is possibly considered, the best scenario that could benefit Thailand and it,s beloved, worthy citizens at all levels of society.

I,d go along with that to save all that could have taken place.

IMHO as always

marshbags :D

It,s not over till the fat Pojaman dances, ohhh yes it is................ohhh no, it isn,t :o

Edited by marshbags

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected by most, neither showed up for their flight today. Spineless twits they be.

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife; Khunying Pojaman Shinawatra did not board a Thai International Airway flight from Beijing to return to Bangkok as earlier scheduled.

A THAI official said that the couple did not show up to board TG 615 flight which left Bejing at 5.35pm. The flight is scheduled to arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport at 9.45pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30080231

Sun, August 10, 2008 : Last updated 19:44 hours

ASYLUM RUMOURS

Thaksin's airport no-show sparks exile speculation

By The Nation,

Thaksin and his wife failed to board a late afternoon flight from Bejing to Bangkok on Sunday, sparking wild rumours that the couple might be planning an exile.

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife; Khunying Pojaman Shinawatra failed to board a Thai International Airway Sunday afternoon flight from Beijing to return to Bangkok as earlier scheduled.

Their no-show sent Thai media outlets scrambling to check flight schedules and fuelling earlier speculation that the couple would never return from their trip to China following a guilty court verdict on Pojaman recently and a looming court ruling the couple in connection with the Ratchadapisek land case.

A THAI official source that the couple did not show up at Bejing airport to board TG 615 flight which left Bejing at 5.35pm Sunday. The flight is scheduled to arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport at 9.45pm.

The next THAI filight is on Monday morning which arrives BKK at noon Monday, which means that even if they will be on this flight, they will miss a schedule to testify in court on 9am.

China Airlines does not have flights that land in Thailand Sunday night. Air China International has a 10.30 pm flight to Bangkok from Beijing.

Thaksin was in Beijing to attend the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic on Friday.

He is due to return to Bangkok to testify on Monday in a Supreme Court's hearing on the Rachadaphisek land-purchase deal, in which both Thaksin and Pojaman have been accused of abuse of power by taking part in the bidding for land owned by the Financial Institutions Development Fund, a unit of the Bank of Thailand.

Rumours had spread that they might not return home after Khunying Pojaman was sentenced to three years imprisonment for avoiding paying Bt546-million tax. Rumour mill said that they might seek political asylum in a foreign country.

The couple's legal aides and personal spokespersons earlier on Sunday denied Thaksin and Pojaman were planning an exile, saying they would arrive back in time for the testimony. Later Sunday evening, the likes of Pongthep Thepkanchana, Sansanee Nakpong and Sitha Thiwaree did not answer reporters' phone calls.

Reporters on Sunday evening were also trying to confirm reports that Thaksin's children had left Thailand.

Unquote

marshbags

I have to say that it would come as no suprise if he has decided to do this.

Thaksin knows that his house of cards is about to fall, and he's probably better off cutting his lossess and living of the rest of his ill gotton gains.

What I would like to see now though is a refusal of entry to the UK, for Pojamon as she is a bail jumper, along also with a high level investigation into how her husband has been able to procure a football club and purchase property whilst under such suspicion.

It had been obvious all along that they wouldn't return. When a convicted criminal, who hadn't served a single hour in jail, is granted permission to leave the country for any reason, they won't be coming back. Shameful really. Just when the Thai justice system was heading in he right direction, they let her off. I had really hoped to see her mug behind bars along with her brother and hubby.

I had really hoped to see her mug behind bars along with her brother and hubby.

While some may have hoped to see them in jail, very few of their millions of supporters in Thailand would agree. The last thing any of us need who live and/or do business here is a catalyst for violence between their millions of supporters and their millions of non supporters. This country is polarized and people on both sides feel strongly about their beliefs. Perhaps if the Shinawatra's stay away the national reconciliation that was so widely discussed when the junta took over can now, finally, begin.

I had really hoped to see her mug behind bars along with her brother and hubby.

While some may have hoped to see them in jail, very few of their millions of supporters in Thailand would agree. The last thing any of us need who live and/or do business here is a catalyst for violence between their millions of supporters and their millions of non supporters. This country is polarized and people on both sides feel strongly about their beliefs. Perhaps if the Shinawatra's stay away the national reconciliation that was so widely discussed when the junta took over can now, finally, begin.

Good post OMRiver :o

Many of us who would love to see justice done may have to concede that this is the best solution for Thailand.

Surely it is possible that a man of Thaksin's wealth could afford to charter a private jet to fly him into any airport in Thailand?

There is surely no requirement that they travel on commercial flights, is there?

Maybe he wants to land in privacy without having the weeping, wailing, fawning crowd at his feet.

After all he's traveling with a convicted criminal I believe. :o

Edited by ratcatcher

Ousted PM and wife fail to board flight to Bangkok - THE NATION -

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No real surprises here. The Nation all last week was predicting such a scenario.

And if you were Thaksin - and a three year prison sentence had been passed down on your wife - with little hope of the appeal succeeding - what would you do?

I have to say that it would come as no suprise if he has decided to do this.

Thaksin knows that his house of cards is about to fall, and he's probably better off cutting his lossess and living of the rest of his ill gotton gains.

What I would like to see now though is a refusal of entry to the UK, for Pojamon as she is a bail jumper, along also with a high level investigation into how her husband has been able to procure a football club and purchase property whilst under such suspicion.

This is a reflection of how the UK allows ill gotten gains - without any proper scrutiny - to be allowed to be laundered in the UK and its financial centre - the City -

The City is awash with 'funds' that have been plundered by corrupt African leaders - and ministers - that will never - ever - again - return to the nations where those funds were stolen from.

Pojamin - and Thaksin - have jumped bail -

This shows them up - to the Thai people - to be the true criminals they really are!

Well I may be wrong, and if so I'll apologise, but I got told whilst out this evening by someone who is usually accurate that they had left China and flown to the UK, possibly whilst their legal team was claiming their return schedule had been finalised.

Regards

"Pracha said said tongue in cheek that Thaksin could issue a statement from London :o why he did not go to Bangkok as scheduled. He did not elaborate."

They could still fly in on a private jet but I doubt it.

The transition from Little Emperor to Coward the Great is seamless.

They are as predictable as a Thai cop on the side of the road. :D

How could he dare ask for asylum when his own government is in power, his wife allowed to walk on bail and they are still allowed to come and go as they please?

Edited by Tony Clifton

Well I may be wrong, and if so I'll apologise, but I got told whilst out this evening by someone who is usually accurate that they had left China and flown to the UK, [possibly whilst their legal team was claiming their return schedule had been finalised.

Regards

More lies and deceit from the Thaksin camp.

The Thaksins departure from Thailand has got to be good news.

Hopefully political tensions will be considerably eased once it's realised they have finally gone.

And Thaksin can now kiss goodbye to ALL of those frozen assets of his.

And Samak will heave a sigh of relief tonight!

We can always trust the word of a lawyer..... right?

Lawyer says Thaksin, wife will appear in court Monday

BANGKOK, Aug 10 (TNA) -- A lawyer to ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Sunday that the ex-premier and his wife will definitely appear before a Bangkok court Monday to fight against legal proceedings in connection with the Ratchadapisek land case.

Thaksin's airport no-show sparks exile speculation

Thaksin and his wife failed to board a late afternoon flight from Bejing to Bangkok on Sunday, sparking wild rumours that the couple might be planning an exile.

I'm absolutely floored... do these reports actually indicate that a lawyer might have lied? :o

"Pracha said said tongue in cheek that Thaksin could issue a statement from London :o why he did not go to Bangkok as scheduled. He did not elaborate.

They could still fly in on a private jet but I doubt it.

The transition from Little Emperor to Coward the Great is seamless.

They are as predictable as a Thai cop on the side of the road. :D

How could he dare ask for asylum when his own government is in power, his wife allowed to walk on bail while they are still allowed to come and go as they please?

Edited by Tony Clifton

It's off to merry ol' England...

Ousted Thai PM Thaksin is not coming home - MP

BANGKOK: Ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will not return to Thailand again, a pro-Thaksin MP said on Sunday, suggesting the billionaire had flown to London from Beijing in violation of his bail terms.

Thaksin was due to return to Bangkok on Sunday, but MP Pracha Prasobdee told reporters at the airport he had spoken to a Thaksin aide who said the former prime minister would be making a statement "via the foreign media" at 9 a.m. from London.

That is about the same time Thaksin and his wife are meant to report to the courts under bail conditions set in various corruption cases against them.

- Reuters

BANGKOK: Ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will not return to Thailand again, a pro-Thaksin MP said on Sunday, suggesting the billionaire had flown to London from Beijing in violation of his bail terms.

Thaksin was due to return to Bangkok on Sunday but MP Pracha Prasobdee told reporters at the airport he had spoken to a Thaksin aide who said the former prime minister would be making a statement "via the foreign media" at 9 a.m. from London.

http://www.iht.com/articles/reuters/2008/0...KSIN-FLIGHT.php

Cheers

One has to ask the question.

Why was he and his wife even allowed to leave the country. :o

What a joke. I suppose if you are caught stealing some lollies they take your Fharlang passport off you and I bet you kick your heels up in some lockup some where :D

Well I never ! Who would have thought.....?? What a surprise......for some. I have seen several comments on various threads stating that they would ' get Taksin ' in the end if we were patient with the courts. I have to say that in 29 years in Thailand I have NEVER seen or heard of anybody filthy rich doing porridge. The verdict against his wife was the message....haul arse or else. If they had really wanted to ' bring him to justice ' they never would have given him permission to leave. No, they wanted him out of the way and they've got what they wanted. The thing with corruption at that level is that he has greased so many palms along so many tentacles that too many big wigs might have got sucked down with him had things drawn out to the very end.

Ironically, if an open and democratic election had been held next week, who's to say he wouldn't have won, such is his continued popularity amongst the silent majority in the provinces despite all his human rights transgressions.

y179183883149361.jpg

His hometown is exceptionally concerned and worried... :o

Manchester Evening News - 10/ 8/2008

Mystery over 'missing' Thaksin :D

MYSTERY surrounds the whereabouts of City owner Thaksin Shinawatra who was due in court in Thailand on Monday for the latest hearing on corruption charges.

A pro-Thaksin MP even suggested he was en route to London in violation of his bail terms. MP Pracha Prasobdee said he had spoken to an aide of the former Thai Prime Minister who said he would be making a statement to the foreign media.

Thaksin had been expected to catch a flight from Beijing to Bangkok ready for the hearing but there has been reports that he has skipped bail and gone into hiding.

Before the weekend, a spokesman for the couple insisted they would return to Bangkok in time for both Thaksin and his wife Potjaman - she is on bail after being sentenced to three years jail for tax fraud - to report to the court.

Shinawatra controversially bought City for £80 Million this time last year and there was huge hopes amongst Blues fans that the billionaire would use part of his fortune to bankroll the Eastlands club to such an extent that City could challenge the Big Four dominance of the Premier League.

However, £800 Million of Thaksin's cash has been frozen by the Thai government and he is still continuing in his efforts to clear his name at the Supreme Court in Bangkok.

The Manchester Evening News revealed last week that he's been attempting to raise funds in the Middle East and India to bolster investment with City - a move that has led to analysts predicting that he has effectively put the club up for sale.

Thai courts have accepted a string of corruption cases against Thaksin and his inner circle and the guilty verdict against his wife suggested they were not going to be cowed by his wealth or influence.

Edited by sriracha john

Well I never ! Who would have thought.....?? What a surprise......for some. I have seen several comments on various threads stating that they would ' get Taksin ' in the end if we were patient with the courts. I have to say that in 29 years in Thailand I have NEVER seen or heard of anybody filthy rich doing porridge. The verdict against his wife was the message....haul arse or else. If they had really wanted to ' bring him to justice ' they never would have given him permission to leave. No, they wanted him out of the way and they've got what they wanted. The thing with corruption at that level is that he has greased so many palms along so many tentacles that too many big wigs might have got sucked down with him had things drawn out to the very end.

Ironically, if an open and democratic election had been held next week, who's to say he wouldn't have won, such is his continued popularity amongst the silent majority in the provinces despite all his human rights transgressions.

Spot on! :o

Any extradition deals with London, I think not. :D

Mrs T, a convicted person/fugitive welcomed by UK Immigration?

Edited by GungaDin