Registration Of Birth At British Embassy Bangkok

I am a British citizen and my wife Thai.

We are expecting our first child in a few weeks, the baby will be born in Korat.

Have any of you been through the process of registering the birth in Thailand?

I have checked the Embassy website but would appreciate advice from any of you who have been there done that :o

Thanks

I did it and it is pretty easy as long as you have registered your marriage in Thailand and UK.

make sure you get the birth certificate in english at the same time as the thai - it will cost about 1000THB extra but is worth it

I did it and it is pretty easy as long as you have registered your marriage in Thailand and UK.

make sure you get the birth certificate in english at the same time as the thai - it will cost about 1000THB extra but is worth it

I was married in Thailand but have not registered the marriage in the UK.

Hope that won't cause a problem :o

It's over 7 years since I last done this.As far as I remember,you will need your original Thai wedding certificate,plus a certified translation in English,the childs birth certificate,obviously with you named as the father,and a certified translation into English.You also need your full British birth certificate,which has your parents names and address on it.I think that is all that's needed.

You can e-mail the Embassy and ask them to post the application form for registering the birth,and also an application form for a passport.They will also send you the requirements and fee.

We are expecting our first child in a few weeks, the baby will be born in Korat.

I have checked the Embassy website but would appreciate advice from any of you who have been there done that  :D

Thanks

Thank you all for your help.

Thanks for the link lopburi3, as I said in my original post I had checked it out.

Just looking for reassurance that it's as straightforward as it seems. :o

Have followed the advice and emailed the Embassy to send the forms :D

I have checked the Embassy website but would appreciate advice from any of you who have been there done that  :D

Thanks

Thanks for the link lopburi3, as I said in my original post I had checked it out.

The form can be downloaded directly from the web site.

as long as you have registered your marriage in Thailand and UK.

It is not a requirement to have your marriage recorded in the UK.

Scouse.

I have just applied for two British Passports for my two sons, by Thai wife and they asked for the things that you have mentioned, which I supplied. However, I've just had a thought ..... I'm taking my family to the UK for xmas and my two boys will be travelling on their new British passports, BUT ...... when they return to Thailand they will be given a 30 day visa !!!!!! So ..... how the ###### can I keep them "legal" as they live in Thailand, as I do. Surely I don't have to keep getting them visa extensions as they are aslo Thai citizens!! But what if they ever try to leave Thailand using those British passports??????

Appreciate it if anyone has encountered this one

Thanks

The form can be downloaded directly from the web site.

Thanks hadn't seen that :D

Geronimo has just raised my next query :D

Scouse.

I have just applied for two British Passports for my two sons, by Thai wife and they asked for the things that you have mentioned, which I supplied. However, I've just had a thought ..... I'm taking my family to the UK for xmas and my two boys will be travelling on their new British passports, BUT ...... when they return to Thailand they will be given a 30 day visa !!!!!! So ..... how the ###### can I keep them "legal" as they live in Thailand, as I do. Surely I don't have to keep getting them visa extensions as they are aslo Thai citizens!! But what if they ever try to leave Thailand using those British passports??????

Two more passports, Thai, and use them to exit and re-enter Thailand. Just show the British passport to airline to prove they do not need a visa to enter UK.

Scouse.

Leave Thailand on Thai passports and enter Britain on British passports and vice versa

Or alternatively apply for certificates of the confirmation of right of abode which identify the holders as being British but are placed in the Thai passport. Holders of such are allowed to pass through the "British and EEA" channel at UK immigration.

Scouse.

Many thanks and I think I'll go for the dual set of passports, oh and by the way, regarding this 400,000 baht for Thai wife visas ... I called their bluff and took my wife and 2 boys to Suan Plu and said I dont have that much money. The girl told me quietly to add 80,000 to the 120,000 I already had then come back in a week. I did this and got another year. So much for this new "law"

:o