BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Maizefarmer

Protecting The Roof Over Your Head From A Devious Partner

Same scenario in Thailand as anywhere else in the Globe - imo.

People are people the world over. If you do not harm anyone in life you are a good person. If you do not make yourself a victim in life you are the best person who ever walked the face of the earth.

The only thing I would add to that is if you have chosen to live in a country that has a different culture to your own live as the romans do

There are plenty around, but it's like when you throw a box of donuts into a crowd of starving people. There isn't much time to choose between Marble Chocolate and Coconut Bavarian.

Ahh…..that explains ….”the licking off just the toppings” syndrome !!

jackyseymour Posted Yesterday, 2008-08-17 20:24:35

"Um, you seem to have as much a grip on Buddhism as your fellow Thais TCup. Buddhism is not a religion. Duh."

religion or not,…. It’s also a matter of your own sense of ethics or conscientious decision.

a2396 Posted Yesterday, 2008-08-17 23:19:01

"Maybe his so-called wife doesn't care. If he's got another woman, then she doesn't have to bother herself with him....."

Well.... 2 wrong doesn’t make it right,......... and it will make more of a mess to cheat than to be honest upfront to the wife.

Just me

I love living in the boonies of Issan. BUT, no way would I consider staying here if not for my Thai wife. She is the reason that I am happy and content here. Why would I go to the trouble and expense of having all sorts of contracts made to protect my investments? I will never be able to own any property in my name so why bother? If there comes a day when she no longer wants to live with me or if I no longer want to live with her, I will pack my personal things in MY truck and head back to MY condo. YES, I know you have all heard it before but the golden rule is to NOT spend more than you can afford to walk away from. The house, land and car are all in her name while I keep a vehicle and the condo in my name. Certainly there would be a lot of hurt and financial loss involved but I wouldn't miss any meals.

You got it right Garry

I bought land and a house for the family in their town up north and all up cost me about $25k, for me that is chicken feed.

I own a condo in Bkk and property offshore so if things go tits up I am well protected, no way I would buy more assets here in LoS without being fully protected.

If you can walk any from the deal and not lose any sleep, your a winner.

Heng,……I hear you

Still……what about the already divorced guys……seen plenty of them lurking around everywhere. Sure thought they will be an easier target than the forbidden fruits?

Why go for the still married ones?

I don’t know, but to me……it’s exhibiting a great deal of selfishness that she just doesn't care about the feelings of the wife who is being cheated on…….another woman with women’s feeling.

I absolutely can’t do that, no matter how desperate I am. It’s still ….just not right & disturbing….morally !! :D

Just me

Maybe his so-called wife doesn't care. If he's got another woman, then she doesn't have to bother herself with him. It all depends on the particulars of a given relationship.

I assume that you were discussing me which is fine by me.

Actually my marriage was already failing when I first came to Thailand so it really made no difference if my current wife cared about my former wife's feeling as there was no contact between them.

I can sort of understand teacups feeling but all over the world the same sort of things go on as the world goes on.

a2396 I don't have a so called wife but I do have a wife who is legally married to me in the registrars office at Taunton in England on 28th April 2000. If you really don't believe that I can produce a copy of the wedding certificate and the wedding photos.

On the other hand I really don't care what you think about me as I am big enough, old enough and ugly enough not to worry but I do object to your attitude about my wife. :D:o

Heng,……I hear you

Still……what about the already divorced guys……seen plenty of them lurking around everywhere. Sure thought they will be an easier target than the forbidden fruits?

I don’t know, but to me……it’s exhibiting a great deal of selfishness that she just doesn't care about the feelings of the wife who is being cheated on…….another woman with women’s feeling.

I absolutely can’t do that, no matter how desperate I am. It’s still ….just not right & disturbing….morally !! :D

Just me

Maybe his so-called wife doesn't care. If he's got another woman, then she doesn't have to bother herself with him. It all depends on the particulars of a given relationship.

Actually my marriage was already failing when I first came to Thailand so it really made no difference if my current wife cared about my former wife's feeling as there was no contact between them.

I can sort of understand teacups feeling but all over the world the same sort of things go on as the world goes on.

a2396 I don't have a so called wife but I do have a wife who is legally married to me in the registrars office at Taunton in England on 28th April 2000. If you really don't believe that I can produce a copy of the wedding certificate and the wedding photos.

On the other hand I really don't care what you think about me as I am big enough, old enough and ugly enough not to worry but I do object to your attitude about my wife. :D:o

Sorry, I did not intend to cast any derogatory light on you or your wife (whichever one). I am only making a point that, if the two parties in a union are not caring enough to take adequate care of each others needs, sexual, emotional, etc, the relationship is on shakey ground. Continuation of such a situation, with a lack of caring and understanding eventually leads to an invalid & non-functional relationship - paper or no paper. Some women think as long as the money keeps rolling in & they have a paper in their hand, they have a marriage. No so, in my view.

Heng,……I hear you

I don't know, but to me……it's exhibiting a great deal of selfishness that she just doesn't care about the feelings of the wife who is being cheated on…….another woman with women's feeling.

I absolutely can't do that, no matter how desperate I am. It's still ….just not right & disturbing….morally !! :D

Just me

Except elsewhere in the world it's not so easy to find a woman who 'loves you too much'!

Teacup is absolutely right, a woman who is happy to see a man that she knows is married has definite moral deficiencies! I can understand however, that you prefer not to think about, or accept this.

Sorry, I did not intend to cast any derogatory light on you or your wife (whichever one). I am only making a point that, if the two parties in a union are not caring enough to take adequate care of each others needs, sexual, emotional, etc, the relationship is on shakey ground. Continuation of such a situation, with a lack of caring and understanding eventually leads to an invalid & non-functional relationship - paper or no paper. Some women think as long as the money keeps rolling in & they have a paper in their hand, they have a marriage. No so, in my view.

OK