Looking For Plastics Recycling In Thailand

xbusman

Well, I finally get to be green and found a good use for off spec PVC regrind to be used in an export product. Problem is that Thailand does not have a directory for the plastic recycle shops. Anyone know of a plastics recycling facility that might have PVC for sale?

Hi Xbusman. Perhaps we can help, we are a scrap cable processor and have tons of plastic and rubber material available.

Please e-mail me: <snip>

Edited by soundman
Email address removed as per forum rules. Use PM system.

We called Wongpanit three times and was finally told they dont do PVC. The desk promised to get someone who knew what the company did call us back, that was two weeks ago. Sometimes I dont know what to do about those kind of Thai suppliers unless I get in the car, drive to the headquarters and act like "one of those odd farangs".

I was really hoping to work with this company, really high on the green list and providing a lot of employment in the northern part of the country but I have production to run and cant wait for them to figure out what to do about an inquiry.

Links wont help me here, we have spent the last two weeks calling every company that even remotely is mentioned on the web. Out of the maybe 50 companies, about 30 are out of business, maybe 15 lied about the products they carry, one or two are simply traders and quoted a bizarre price in the hope of finding a fool, and we found two compounders that have a product that while it works, is not really ideal. Since I have to buy 30 tons every year over the next five years, I should be able to pretty much get what I want. Since I dont require chemical properties, only physical properties, I can get rid of some waste that probably cant be used in any other manner, thereby doing a nice green thing.

Links wont help, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure recycling shops are able to collect 10-30 tons of PVC on a regular basis, as PVC can last a long time (thinking of blue plastic pipes and electric cables sheathing). Maybe another plastic with a shorter life cycle is easier to get hold of (e.g. polystyrene, PET), provided mechanical/physical properties are also suitable.

For a source of recycled plastics, there's a Wongpanit plastic factory on the A304 between Chachoengsao and Bangkok, a few kilometers outside Chachoengsao. I've no idea what they can provide though.

Edited by pete_r

• 5 months later...
Well, I finally get to be green and found a good use for off spec PVC regrind to be used in an export product. Problem is that Thailand does not have a directory for the plastic recycle shops. Anyone know of a plastics recycling facility that might have PVC for sale?

DCL Plastic Company ltd. Thailand

DCL Plastic Company ltd. Thailand

Are you still looking for a plastic recycling facility and where are you located

Actually, I am looking to purchase recycled plastics in pellet form. We are currently buying about 30 tons a year and I hate the thought of buying it in the US and importing it into Thailand but the Thai vendors either dont respond or are out of their minds regarding market pricing. So for the interim, its much much cheaper to buy in the US and import the stuff into Thailand. Still looking, finding it here would be much better.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, I am looking to purchase recycled plastics in pellet form. We are currently buying about 30 tons a year and I hate the thought of buying it in the US and importing it into Thailand but the Thai vendors either dont respond or are out of their minds regarding market pricing. So for the interim, its much much cheaper to buy in the US and import the stuff into Thailand. Still looking, finding it here would be much better.

Just checking back, did DCL Plastic prove fruitless? You need me to organize roving bands of salvagers for you there? I may need employment if the US continuse to self-destruct!

(kick)

Its been an amazing year. The price of recycled plastics has collapsed on the world market. Some places in the US are actually putting it in their landfills. They sort it, process it, bag it and then bury it.

In the meanwhile, the price has increased in Thailand, I think maybe the only place in the world.

So I am now buying out of the US. I actually found a place that is giving me the plastic for free if I pay to pack and ship it. Dont think I can get better pricing than that. Freight rates from America are also insane, I have shippers that will ship for the cost of paperwork. Its bad times!!!!

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...