Only Moneyboys On Samui ?

bubu

hi guys ...

what do you think, is there a way to find "ordinary" thai boys on samui, which are NOT looking for money, but "only" for nice friendship?

if i should answer by myself ... i would say NO ...

what do you think?

and if you think YES, please let us know HOW :-)

hi guys ...

what do you think, is there a way to find "ordinary" thai boys on samui, which are NOT looking for money, but "only" for nice friendship?

if i should answer by myself ... i would say NO ...

what do you think?

and if you think YES, please let us know HOW :-)

It's difficult yes, but I have several friends who work for Bangkok Airways and several of the hotels in Samui who are not money boys. Most of them are members of the gym at Central Resort Chaweng so that is one way to meet them. Generally they are Bangkok guys but are in Samui for work. But in general gay life is pretty boring on Samui.

i would never travel to any place in this world only because of the gay life.

i know the samui gay life and it is easy to find boys, if you wish to find them.

but only moneyboys ...

this is like phuket ... boys from everywhere in thailand come to this place because they know that tourists are waiting for them.

same as bali in indonesia ...

btw, are you talking about Central Samui Beach Resort?

do they also offer memberships for those who are not staying there?

if so, do you have any information about the prices?

Edited by bubu

Ummm... well, here are some ideas (not all will necessarily apply to you):

1. Hardcore types will typically but not always be otherwise unemployed (or "students"). Look for guys with jobs in non-tourist areas and see if flirting gets you anywhere.

2. If you're looking for guys that are more than 20 years younger than you, but still genuinely like you, it's possible but it's a smaller group- really. Try adding 10 years to their age and see if you find more interest developing; repeat as necessary.

3. Learn things and do things that indicate clearly you're not a tourist. That tends to reduce your attraction to tourist-hunters. For example, dress like the local working population, keep mainly daytime hours, go to Thai entertainment venues and restaurants, etc., etc.

4. Don't hang out with MBs or in places where they are primarily featured.

5. Learn a bit of Thai and don't waste your time with 'friendly' types who are all-too-eager to speak with you in English only.

The tourist-oriented gay scene in Thailand is financial- so get away from it. The convenience is seductive, but that's included in the price.

"S"

it is the same ... they come and try to find sex ... and as soon as one boy left, the next is coming ...

i dont like that because i am definitely NOT looking for sex.

but as many tourist come for sex, they can not understand this ...

I thought your complaint is about asking for money? I think you will find that Thais are interested in sex, so if you are not that may be a problem! :o Seriously, there are a lot of guys who aren't necessarily looking for monogamous bf-type relationships- so you should probably show your cards early and set your boundaries. Maybe wait a few dates before sex to see if they're "serious?" Otherwise maybe you should get out of the cities and into the country where you might find people to be a bit more "old-fashioned..." maybe....

hmmm ... if somebody is coming to me and starts conversation, i always think that he is moneyboy.

this is the problem!

when i ask "what should we do after this party" ... and they answer "we can go home, have fun" ...

hmmm ... in that case i know that he is looking for sex.

1.) i am not looking for sex.

but

2.) at the same time i am thinking that he is a moneyboy ... like most of them.

i would never travel to any place in this world only because of the gay life.

i know the samui gay life and it is easy to find boys, if you wish to find them.

but only moneyboys ...

this is like phuket ... boys from everywhere in thailand come to this place because they know that tourists are waiting for them.

same as bali in indonesia ...

btw, are you talking about Central Samui Beach Resort?

do they also offer memberships for those who are not staying there?

if so, do you have any information about the prices?

If you know the Samui gay life as you say you do in this post, then why did you ask the question in the first place?

i know the gay life. and i did not find any single "ordinary" boy yet.

but i wish to know if i can find them anywhere ... that's all!

Boooring...first to go to a tourist destination and seek uncut jewels from there. It's like hunting the untouched one from a go-go-bar.

To you and all others who like to find 'true' love and people, look it from ordinary places like where Thais go.

I never bother to make definition between a bar boy or someone else. They are all just people to me. Although, when looking for bf I have my quality test and I am not looking him from Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin or in this case from Samui.

And I would not complain that much on otherwise lovely island...

It's a matter of forming some friendships within the gay community. If your not interested in sex--which I don't understand--then it's perfectly Ok for you to mix with the guys you meet, while staying away from obvious money boys. Start meeting people and pretty soon you'll find what your looking for. Just make sure that the guys know your interested in a relationship and that's it. Gyms are a good place to meet people and get introduced to others.

Best of luck to you.

i did NEVER say that i am looking for a relationship ...

i only said that i am not looking for sex ...

but i decided not to continue this discussion here,

because obviously, many of you love to have a lot of sex with thais.

so nobody here would understand what i am talking about.

:D

It's all a matter of degree, because most younger Thais "expect" the farang to be more solvent than they are, and so the farang will pay for most things like meals, drinks and so on. That is different from being an MB.

When Thais go out to eat, the older/richer Thai will often pay for the others.

My Thai BF (nearly 3 years) never takes money from my wallet and never asks blatantly for cash (altho' I have paid one or two family medical bills and the like). However, I am sure that an "element" of the relationship is based on the fact that I am much more solvent than he is. Maybe this is natural, the need to "better" yourself. One colleague tells me not to worry--if I wasn't gay, I would have to support and pay stuff for a wife, as many guys do in the west.

In my opinion, most boys will expect you to pay for stuff. If you are fortunate enough to meet a doctor or lawyer (etc.), then the split may be more 50-50, but younger guys in office jobs earn around 12,000-16,000b a month here.

My theory is that, in the Thai mind, money and love and attractiveness are all tied up together. I am quite certain that my BF loves me (I can see it in his actions and in his behaviour), but I only screw up my mind when I ask myself "how much is this due to money and how much is love?".

A wise friend tells me "You'll never know".

What do you reckon?

P E

Edited by pauleddy

:D

It's all a matter of degree, because most younger Thais "expect" the farang to be more solvent than they are, and so the farang will pay for most things like meals, drinks and so on. That is different from being an MB.

When Thais go out to eat, the older/richer Thai will often pay for the others.

My Thai BF (nearly 3 years) never takes money from my wallet and never asks blatantly for cash (altho' I have paid one or two family medical bills and the like). However, I am sure that an "element" of the relationship is based on the fact that I am much more solvent than he is. Maybe this is natural, the need to "better" yourself. One colleague tells me not to worry--if I wasn't gay, I would have to support and pay stuff for a wife, as many guys do in the west.

In my opinion, most boys will expect you to pay for stuff. If you are fortunate enough to meet a doctor or lawyer (etc.), then the split may be more 50-50, but younger guys in office jobs earn around 12,000-16,000b a month here.

My theory is that, in the Thai mind, money and love and attractiveness are all tied up together. I am quite certain that my BF loves me (I can see it in his actions and in his behaviour), but I only screw up my mind when I ask myself "how much is this due to money and how much is love?".

What do you reckon?

P E

I think PE has got it as right as any of us is ever likely to. Many Thai seem to operate in much the same way as was the norm in, say, 19th Century western societies - i.e. it's good to make a "good match"......... and "good" is nearly always going to include financial standing and security. That doesn't make it gold-digging as it might be seen in the West now - e.g. "So, tell me Gloria - what was it that first attracted you to your millionaire husband?" :o .

And I agree with PE's wise friend. I would say start by taking 90% on trust and keep the other 10% alert at the back of your mind. In a good relationship, as both get to know each other better, the 10% will likely reduce to (near) zero.

What do you reckon?

P E

I reckon this is the absolute truth-in-a-nutshell !

i did NEVER say that i am looking for a relationship ...

i only said that i am not looking for sex ...

so nobody here would understand what i am talking about.

i know the gay life. and i did not find any single "ordinary" boy yet.

but i wish to know if i can find them anywhere ... that's all!

:D Really? No relationship? No sex? And thanks that we now know that we know nothing.

What are you into? Untouched souls gathering encounter-wise? Hook ups in the bushes? Diving in the blue sea like whales making funny sounds? Staring the stars on midnight hour and wondering is there anyone for me?

It might clear some things if you could just tell us what you mean with your concept of "ordinary boy". What does an ordinary boy do in your opinion? Walks around suffering like young Werther in Goethe's book?

WE ARE NO FUTURE TELLERS! WE NEED INFO TO KEEP UP. :o