England

redrus

Typical Spanish response to getting beaten,if you don't play the same way as we do it is not fair! rolleyes.gif

Yes not the most intelligent of analysis.......

We knew after we saw England's starting line-up that they were going to defend basically the whole game.

We made England defend nearly the whole 90 minutes.

And yes we all know that if suicide was the preferred option then attacking the Spanish team would have allowed them to tear England apart.

What I think is quite worrying about Spain is that England's tactics were so effective. Spain had two shots on goal the entire match.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Typical Spanish response to getting beaten,if you don't play the same way as we do it is not fair! rolleyes.gif

Yes not the most intelligent of analysis.......

We knew after we saw England's starting line-up that they were going to defend basically the whole game.

We made England defend nearly the whole 90 minutes.

And yes we all know that if suicide was the preferred option then attacking the Spanish team would have allowed them to tear England apart.

What I think is quite worrying about Spain is that England's tactics were so effective. Spain had two shots on goal the entire match.

Your response should be...." The Spanish were all over the place in the last twenty minutes."

I give up with you lot I really do.....! biggrin.gif

Sack Postman Pat and get a new manager otherwise we will be having the same conversations as previous tournaments!

He hasn't got a clue! He won't pick a player cause he plays for a unfashionable side, then they get a move and they are amazing( Bent and Parker).

Bobby Zamora? Give us a break. He is almost 31 and has scored 48 goals in the last 8 seasons.

Surprised Owen - as in Hargreaves hasnt been called up after his strong start to the season.

I suspect the second sentence is a bit twisted yes?

I am not a massive Capello fan but.....things are changing ...the youff will force the old guns out and this is happening now,expect a good show from the England boys in Europe next year ...hunger is the key!

We have got some great young players who will come good if they are given there chance.

We have got some great young players who will come good if they are given there chance.

true that, if capello has the guts to leave a few of the old guard out of the squad next summer england could surprise a few people. still lacking depth in a few areas though. keeper, striker etc.

true that, if capello has the guts to leave a few of the old guard out of the squad next summer england could surprise a few people. still lacking depth in a few areas though. keeper, striker etc.

That's the attitude holding you back....England have quality all over the park...the old guard are finished save for impact for half an hour. Time to move forward.

Now do I get my Blue Peter badge? biggrin.gif

Is it worth us taking Rooney and effectively wasting a place?

I see where you coming from and the groups are no easy ride in the Euro's,lets hope his appeal is worthwhile either way he should go.

i think england have to take him really simply because he's their best player. dilemma comes then that without him they might play well enough to qualify from the group and then upset any momentum by fitting him back in.

personally i wouldn't take him as punishment for being a fat braindead <deleted> who never learns, but that's just me.

i think england have to take him really simply because he's their best player. dilemma comes then that without him they might play well enough to qualify from the group and then upset any momentum by fitting him back in.

personally i wouldn't take him as punishment for being a fat braindead scouse <deleted> who never learns, but that's just me.

wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

personally i wouldn't take him as punishment for being a fat braindead scouse <deleted> who never learns, but that's just me.

wink.gif

I have always wondered about the concept that if a player has a red card he is suspended for the next match on the basis that the penalty doesnt benefit the team who he commits the offense against but another team. Wouldnt it make more sense to suspend him against the team that the offense occurred in their next match?

Anyway Rooney has seen his offense reduced from a three match ban to a two match ban on the condition that the third match ban is suspended for four years. Doesnt that sound moronic and beyond stupidity but a compromise of politics over principle?

wink.gif

build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put your best player on the top. . .

• 1 month later...

They should give that job to Hiddink, somebody with a bit of experience at International level. I did watch Sky Sports News last night where they stressed the need for an Englishman at the helm, however did'nt they have Bobby Robson who got them to penalties in a world cup semi final, and then was ran out of town ?