Immigration Laws For Foreigners And Thais

Nienke

Chiang Mai Friends' group would like to invite you to a special meeting during which Pol. Col. Prayut Chommalee, the Superintendent of Chiang Mai Immigration, will give a talk entitled, "Immigration laws for Foreigners and Thais.

Translations will be given verbally during the talk.

Participants are encouraged to send in by advance email any questions they may have.

The meeting will take place at the Shangri-La Hotel on Wednesday September 10th, and will run from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m, followed by a buffet lunch.

150 tickets costing 450 baht each and including coffee/tea and a buffet lunch are available.

Please book by September 5 at Chiang Mai Friends Group Office, or contact K. Boong if you have any questions at

retireinchiangma [at] gmail.com , Tel : 053 206 121

post-21260-1219508697_thumb.jpg

//Edit: removed URL from invitation card, as per forum rules. Apologies to any member who may have been inconvenienced by the temporary removal of this topic - Maestro

Edited by Maestro

Just a thought, since many people here may be tempted to look at this with their cynical glasses on and the 450 baht cost could also be seen as a disincentive, why not try to compile a list of questions here and one of us could then submit them in a single email. I volunteer to do the compiling but the thread will need to stay on topic and just be questions - not rants. :o

I'm going to start the ball rolling with a "Just Immigration Questions" thread.

Edited by Greenside

Just a thought, since many people here may be tempted to look at this with their cynical glasses on and the 450 baht cost could also be seen as a disincentive, why not try to compile a list of questions here and one of us could then submit them in a single email. I volunteer to do the compiling but the thread will need to stay on topic and just be questions - not rants. :o

My compliments - you are a master of understatement. :D

And - good idea about the collective e-mail.

Chiang Mai Friends' group would like to invite you to a special meeting during which Pol. Col. Prayut Chommalee, the Superintendent of Chiang Mai Immigration, will give a talk entitled, "Immigration laws for Foreigners and Thais.

Translations will be given verbally during the talk.

Participants are encouraged to send in by advance email any questions they may have.

The meeting will take place at the Shangri-La Hotel on Wednesday September 10th, and will run from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m, followed by a buffet lunch.

150 tickets costing 450 baht each and including coffee/tea and a buffet lunch are available.

Please book by September 5 at Chiang Mai Friends Group Office, or contact K. Boong if you have any questions at

retireinchiangma [at] gmail.com , Tel : 053 206 121

Read the law first:

Visa_Regulations__Police_Order__10.2006.pdf

My compliments - you are a master of understatement. :D

And - good idea about the collective e-mail.

I disagree given that most people don't even read the law or even refer to information previously posted on TV! I suggest people read the law (police order). It is in clear English, and I have posted it. At least that will forestall ignorant questions. And who would edit such a list of questions in any case!

ADVANCE NOTICE:

I'm going to summarise the questions that have been posted on this thread on Monday morning (that's September 1st) so if you still want to submit one for inclusion under the banner of "questions from Chiang Mai expats" please do so before then. Thanks.

Edited by Greenside

• 2 weeks later...

'Greenside' date =2008-08-22 post=2161527 Only just come accross your post ,I hope that i am not too late with this question, Last year for my retitirement visa I was allowed to show 400,000 in the bank and income of 40.000 per month from pension taking me over the 800.000 requirement.

phuket immigration said it was within the rule, I hope to do this again this year can you include this in the Q/A please riley76