World Tenpin Bowling Association Men's Championship

Finally, some decent bowling to watch in Thailand as the World Tenpin Bowling Association Men's World Championships is scheduled for Aug. 22-30 in Bangkok, Thailand. From what I have read, many of the top professionals from around the world will be participatng including those from the United States.  You can check out this website http://www.2008wmc.com/ to keep up to date on the daily performances.

The one thing that I haven't been able to discover is the cost of attending and viewing the daily events.  Do they charge a daily pass rate per person?  Does anyone have any cost information for attending the events?  I live in Pattaya, but would love to attend the two-day men's singles event.

Pattayadavid

Hi,

I am a supporter from Denmark. It don't cost enything to come and watch the event. The only thing that costs money is the bustransfer to the hotel, and the farewell banquet. 

It is a lot of good bowling, you can also see at pages like www.bowlingdigital.com and www.bowlersjournal.com

They also send the finals in each event live on thai television. I don't know wich channel.

Vibeke 

(supporter)

I went there today, and greatly enjoyed watching the wall-to-wall action! Will definitely go back for more this week. Yes, it's free, and features great bowlers from dozens of countries. It's bowling's Olympic Games. The venue is SF Strike Lanes, on the 7th floor of The Mall shopping center, on Ngam Wong Wan Road at the junction with Pracha Chun Road, in the southeast corner of Nonthaburi. It's easy to get to. Take either BTS Skytrain to Morchit station, or MRT Subway to Phahon Yothin station and grab a taxi to The Mall Ngam Wong Wan. The meter should read about 70 baht when you arrive.

If you like bowling, but have never seen a top-class tournament live, don't miss this chance. The action goes morning, afternoon and evening through Saturday Aug. 30. Bring your camera.