Been To Prison?

Doctor John

How many people here have been sentenced to a term in Prison ?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was in a military Jail for 6 months when I was in my early 20's. It doesnt get much worse than that.

Most knock about type blokes have gone to prison one time or another, It doesnt reflect anything in regard to the type of person they are.

I have had a few mates growing up that got drunk and killed people in automobile accidents. Tragedy both sides!

Spent a night in the "tombs" of New York City 11 years ago. I was arrested for talking back to a police officer. Then the schmuck tried to chat me up while I was being booked through the precint in the East Village :o Funny thing is, the women that were brought in the communal cell all looked kind of scary at first, but by the end of the night they were all sitting around giving each other advice about their boyfriends.

On a more serious note, I have been taking care of of refugees for more than a year that were thrown into a Thai immigration prision for staging a peaceful protest. I am certain that their situation is helped by having concerned visitors with foreign passports look in on them regularly.

I was banged up in a one bed room apartment with my girlfriend for a while :o, nice girl, I married her.... and I must be criminally-orientated scum because I bribed a cop who caught me driving at 135kph down that nice 4 lane highway between Khon Kean and Chum Pare.

Edited by george

Brother went to borstal (British reform school) when he was younger for robbing a petrol station and making off with 93 pence. Really changed him as well, hard as nails in there apparently and shook him up a bit and he was pretty hard himself. He turned up with a mohican hair cut and when he sarcastically replied 'hair' to the governor's question of what's that on your head son, the guy decked my brother in the office there and then.

On a more serious note, I have been taking care of of refugees for more than a year that were thrown into a Thai immigration prision for staging a peaceful protest.  I am certain that their situation is helped by having concerned visitors with foreign passports look in on them regularly.

If it is not too far from Bangkok I would be willing ot do this. PM me the details.

The Japanese prison system is probably the most evil in the world. 99% conviction rate and even lower percentage of appeals granted. If you are arrested there you have had it. See

http://www.justicefornickbaker.org/en/justice.htm

for some seriously disturbing real life accounts.

On a more serious note, I have been taking care of of refugees for more than a year that were thrown into a Thai immigration prision for staging a peaceful protest.   I am certain that their situation is helped by having concerned visitors with foreign passports look in on them regularly.

If it is not too far from Bangkok I would be willing ot do this. PM me the details.

The Japanese prison system is probably the most evil in the world. 99% conviction rate and even lower percentage of appeals granted. If you are arrested there you have had it. See

http://www.justicefornickbaker.org/en/justice.htm

for some seriously disturbing real life accounts.

'You can judge a country by how they treat their prisoners.' Apart from me, who said that?

One month in a Spanish jail 20yrs ago for drug running. Couple a days in Holland for beating-up a policeman who wanted to give me a traffic ticket.

Couple of days in Qatar about 7 yrs ago after getting into a fight with the locals about some girls.

I guess you know very well that if you did the first 2 of those 3 acts in Thailand, the outcome would be pretty bad for you !

Still, even by Western European legal standards, I think you got off very lightly with those two acts.

Cheers,

Jem

One month in a Spanish jail 20yrs ago for drug running. Couple a days in Holland for beating-up a policeman who wanted to give me a traffic ticket.

Couple of days in Qatar about 7 yrs ago after getting into a fight with the locals about some girls.

I guess you know very well that if you did the first 2 of those 3 acts in Thailand, the outcome would be pretty bad for you !

Still, even by Western European legal standards, I think you got off very lightly with those two acts.

Cheers,

Jem

You're right. Everybody have to make his own mistakes and bear the consequences. Prison is not nice but in the end I brought it on myself and once you get older you tend to wisen up a little bit.

No here , but i did visit a girl called Ratchani who i met in bangla road some years ago.

she wrote me a letter saying she got 5 years in phuket prison for cannabis .

so i called at the prison on my next trip .

when she got out 4 and half years later she was really changed , the slim gorgeous girl with the hot looks , was now a fat hag with zits all over her face .

before blokes were falling over her , now she didnt rate a second look .

her day had gone .

funny how girls can change eh ?

In 1979 for three weeks I was a guest at immigration detention in Bangkok. The awful feeling of getting locked up the first day is indescribable. It was a 60X25 foot cell with about 30 people. Mostly hard luck chinese, burmese, maylay, with a laotian a philipino. I was told I was put in the best cell with the well behaved(I was never mistreated, many times I managed to beg a phenobard from the nurse, the only times I really slept). At night you could hear the crying, screaming and moaning from the other cells. Hideous. My cell was also the transit cell for farang being let out of prison and deported. I heard a couple of stories from prison upcountry.(shades of Warren Fellows' story). Read his book if you want your skin to crawl.

Anyway you don't wanna get locked up in this country! Even with immigration!