Hepl Quiting & Nicorette Expiration Date 5/2008 Safe To Use?

nickh

Hi all,

After 10 years of cigs I'm trying to quit.

A friend gave me an unopened box of Nicorette .2mg 100 pieces.

Expiration date May 2008 - is it safe to use?

Would appreciate any ideas that will help me quit.

thanks,

nick

Hi Nick,

I would just repeat the following that has been mention before on the Stop Smoking Forum.

But to those of you who think I can't quit alone. I'll need nicotine gum, the patch, hypnosis, acupuncture, magic herbs or other wonder drugs!

Wrong! The simple truth is that no magic cure has ever " made " any smoker quit smoking nicotine. The key to immediate and lasting abstinence is education and understanding not hypnosis , not acupuncture and not some over-the-counter nicotine product that teaches absolutely nothing while robbing 93% of those who toy with clean-nicotine of a valuable opportunity to master the core principles underlying years of nicotine dependency. Remember, should all else fail, you always have you!

It is not that cold turkey is the only way to quit, it is just that cold turkey is the method which gives people the best chance of success. It is the method that all but a very small percentage of long-term ex-smokers in the world used to successfully quit smoking.

So the best advice I can give to stop smoking is the same method I used. Education via the internet, www.whyquit.com is the source I used, set a date and then quit for life always remembering to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.

I smoked a pack a day for 20 years and since my quit day last November 5th, 2002 I have never taken another puff.