Immigration Office In Surin

JoeInSurin

I just got back from getting my 90 day stamp at the Kapchong immigration office and was informed that they now have a small office at the Green Garden restaurant in Surin and do 90 day stamps on Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 PM .

good wind-up

NOT

I usually meet her in Tawan Deang on Saturday nights but without the John Bull Press.

Dave

p.s.Just incase I am wrong, I will see her tommorow anyways and report my findings (or Not)

p.p.s. Went past the Green Garden today and it looked closed down

Edited by Dave the Dude

I just got back from getting my 90 day stamp at the Kapchong immigration office and was informed that they now have a small office at the Green Garden restaurant in Surin and do 90 day stamps on Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 PM .

good wind-up

NOT

I usually meet her in Tawan Deang on Saturday nights but without the John Bull Press.

Dave

p.s.Just incase I am wrong, I will see her tommorow anyways and report my findings (or Not)

p.p.s. Went past the Green Garden today and it looked closed down

This is what I was told yesterday by the girl that works there. Please talk to her and see if you can confirm if this is true. I can't imagine why she would lie to us.

This is what I was told yesterday by the girl that works there. Please talk to her and see if you can confirm if this is true. I can't imagine why she would lie to us.

Will do John. I'll report back in a few hours.

Dave

Hi, back with my re-entry stamp now.

Daw (Kap Cheung Immigration officer) confirmed what John reported as true (Sorry for doubting u,John). She said that its a bit of an experiment and will keep it up (the visits that is :D ) as long as she gets punters. So me thinks, the long and the short of it is, you guys need to pop in to see her,ask a question/get 90 stamp/buy her a coffee or any other reason to make her visits worthwhile.

Simple : Use it or Lose it, up to you!

She (& me plus wife) can be found most Saturdays dancing the night away in Tawan Deang if you need an 'informal' interview. Her charge is usually 'Red Label.' :o

:D

Dave

Where 'o' where is the Green Garden restaurant? :D

Its on the same side and just past Makro's in Surin. I would give the Office a call if I was going. :o

Martin

Why do you and your mates have to sleep with dummies, although I must admit I.Q. is not the first thing I look at when choosing a partner (my wife says the same). :D:D

Dave

Where 'o' where is the Green Garden restaurant? :D

Its on the same side and just past Makro's in Surin. I would give the Office a call if I was going. :o

Martin

Why do you and your mates have to sleep with dummies, although I must admit I.Q. is not the first thing I look at when choosing a partner (my wife says the same). :D:D

Dave

The restaurant by Macro is "The Corner Garden". I think the new office is at the "Green Garden" out by the reservoir.

The experiment with an immigration office in the city was tried in Ubon last year/earlier this year. (Ubon immigration is in Phibun Mangsahan - 50 km east)

The city office was open a couple of hours 2 days a week, but because they got too many customers, it was closed after just a short period. (TiT) :o

Hope you're more lucky in Sulin! :D

It would be good if we knew where it was. I suggest the experiment may fail if no one knows its location.

Hi

Good point... come on Dave the Dude sharpen up .... where is it? :o

Near Makro or the reservoir? have you been at the sherbets again! :D

TBWG :D

It would be good if we knew where it was. I suggest the experiment may fail if no one knows its location.

Hi

Good point... come on Dave the Dude sharpen up .... where is it? :o

Near Makro or the reservoir? have you been at the sherbets again! :D

TBWG :D

Hi TWGB

Now I am confused, Joe is right Green Garden is near Huay Senning (& my home :D ) and Corner Garden is Near BigC/Makro. Daw told me (in her best Engrish) its near BigC. I will call her on the 'Batphone' 2moro & if not see her at Tawan Deang 2moro night and ask her when as am still sober.

News at Ten

Dave, Surin :D

Yes,Green Garden is out near Hoy Sanang. It's easy to find, you turn right then left the left then right then right twice then left three times :D. But it is sign posted so there shouldn't be any problem. Unless of course your Thai GF/Wife is showing you the way. Then even Hoy Sanang would be impossible to find. :o The sign posts start at the Hoy Sanang turn off on the Prasat road.

Edited by lampard10

Hello again

Right, I have just got of the 'dog n bone' to Daw and she has confirmed she will be holding a weekly 'surgery' at..........

GREEN GARDEN

The good news is, I can walk there! :D

The bad news is, as Lampshade suggests, its a bit out of the way. :D

There are a number of green on white signs along the 214 Highway where the side-roads leading to the place, join the 214. Coming from Presart direction on the 214, the first sign is after the big new PTT station on the right hand side. Its located in a little Moo-bahn in between the 214 and Huay Senning reservoir. Not sure if Tim (the ferang owner) is a member of TV, as he (or others) may be able to give better directions&map

You Intrepid reporter

:o

Dave

Im sure directions given already could hardly been better for the local Suliners, ...........

but I'm just wondering ...is it near the Huay Senning reservoir or is it closer to Hoy Sanang :o

Hello again

Right, I have just got of the 'dog n bone' to Daw and she has confirmed she will be holding a weekly 'surgery' at..........

GREEN GARDEN

The good news is, I can walk there! :D

The bad news is, as Lampshade suggests, its a bit out of the way. :D

There are a number of green on white signs along the 214 Highway where the side-roads leading to the place, join the 214. Coming from Presart direction on the 214, the first sign is after the big new PTT station on the right hand side. Its located in a little Moo-bahn in between the 214 and Huay Senning reservoir. Not sure if Tim (the ferang owner) is a member of TV, as he (or others) may be able to give better directions&map

You Intrepid reporter

:D

Dave

Sorry Dave, wrong again son.

Tim is Per's wife. Per is the farang (from Norway) and Tim is the Thai wife.

Unless, of course Tim has bumped Per off and married another farang called, well, Tim. :D

Better not get into the ownership argument. :( .

As for the directions they are correct, just follow the signs and it's not to difficult to find.

P.S. Don't forget your passport :o

John.....

Edited by johnsurin

Not sure if Tim (the ferang owner) is a member of TV, as he (or others) may be able to give better directions&map

You Intrepid reporter

Dave

As with most reporters, very economical with the truth. Tim is in fact a Thai lady, so couldn't give directions to the bathroom. I think the signs are for her, so she can get home safely :D The two Farangs involved are Per from Norway, and the Swiss chef Rudi, an excellent chef as it happens. So there. And as I now edit this after seeing Joe's post. I really must read fully before opening my keyboard. :D

Im sure directions given already could hardly been better for the local Suliners, ...........

but I'm just wondering ...is it near the Huay Senning reservoir or is it closer to Hoy Sanang :o

Trond

the answer is YES

John

Sorry my mistake, he looks like a Tim

Dave

Not So there. And as I now edit this after seeing Joe's post. I really must read fully before opening my keyboard. :D

ASee what I mean..............................................I can't tell my Joe's from my John's :o

Edited by lampard10

Not So there. And as I now edit this after seeing Joe's post. I really must read fully before opening my keyboard. :D

ASee what I mean..............................................I can't tell my Joe's from my John's :D

Did'nt know you had that many............................................................... :o

so does anyone have a map of the location

:o:D :D :D

No seriously, look for the main turn off to Huy Sanang Resovoir and it is signposted. If you miss that, proceed up the road to the resovoir until you see the entrance board to a village on the right hand side. It is just past a new shop & house. Go under the sign, which means you are nearly doubling back then turn left about 800 meters up that road. Another 800 meters is Green Garden. Hope you find it OK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
when i see i believe

I did not see, but I believe. Last night (Thursday 2/10/08) I did go to the Green Garden to get my tourist visa extended. Before hand, I was told by several people that the immig lady does come to the GG every Thursday night. So off I went. Unfortunately, due to heavy rain that day the lady in question decided not to come, but I was further assured that on most Thurs nights she came to the GG to take care of immig issues. (There were a few other frustrated farangs present.)

The GG number is 044-520587. If you are thinking of getting your 'stamp' there make a call first to see the state of play. Let me add that the GG is a great restaurant, you will enjoy the food.

post-65804-1223028730_thumb.jpg

when i see i believe

I did not see, but I believe. Last night (Thursday 2/10/08) I did go to the Green Garden to get my tourist visa extended. Before hand, I was told by several people that the immig lady does come to the GG every Thursday night. So off I went. Unfortunately, due to heavy rain that day the lady in question decided not to come, but I was further assured that on most Thurs nights she came to the GG to take care of immig issues. (There were a few other frustrated farangs present.)

The GG number is 044-520587. If you are thinking of getting your 'stamp' there make a call first to see the state of play. Let me add that the GG is a great restaurant, you will enjoy the food.

I might be wrong, but I doubt very much you will get your visa extended there. This service is for three monthly check-ins, which is acceptable, as you can do it by post, or at a Police station anyway. An extension is an entirely different kettle of fish, which I think would be illegal outside of the Immigration office.

I might be wrong, but I doubt very much you will get your visa extended there. This service is for three monthly check-ins, which is acceptable, as you can do it by post, or at a Police station anyway. An extension is an entirely different kettle of fish, which I think would be illegal outside of the Immigration office.

Hi Lampshade :o

Can you do the 3 monthly check-ins at Surin Police Station?? :D

I never knew about that! Who do you ask for & is this service available all the time???

Dave (confused of Sutton)

Hi Lampshade :o

Can you do the 3 monthly check-ins at Surin Police Station?? :D

I never knew about that! Who do you ask for & is this service available all the time???

Dave (confused of Sutton)

I believe the rule is that you can check in any Police station if there is no Immigration in the vicinity, although I have never actually met anyone who has done it. I know a couple that check in by post though.

I believe the rule is that you can check in any Police station if there is no Immigration in the vicinity, although I have never actually met anyone who has done it. I know a couple that check in by post though.

Now I'm back home, I will call in and check it out. I will report my findings for those who cannot find Green Garden(& others). I was once told by a 'Plod' sargent in Surin "he can help me with my Immigration reporting" but I did'nt trust him and try it out.

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude