Immigration Office In Surin

JoeInSurin

I have also now heard that the project failed,( that is why she wasn't there) and have been asked by some people to try and do it from the FC., but I'm afraid the answer is no. Although MY motives would be purely to help people out, I think that there would be too much hassle involved.

Hi

Well they certainly gave that a good shot :o All over and done with in just over a month.

What is the matter with these people, from the posts it sounds as if a lot of farangs materialised.

I have my suspicions as to why they pulled the plug on it and they are not honorable.

TBWG :D

I have also now heard that the project failed,( that is why she wasn't there) and have been asked by some people to try and do it from the FC., but I'm afraid the answer is no. Although MY motives would be purely to help people out, I think that there would be too much hassle involved.

Hi

Well they certainly gave that a good shot :o All over and done with in just over a month.

What is the matter with these people, from the posts it sounds as if a lot of farangs materialised.

I have my suspicions as to why they pulled the plug on it and they are not honorable.

Hi All

I have got Daw's (Imm Officer,Kap Cheung) private number :D and I will find out what the score is re: this and calling into Cop-Shop in Surin.

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Hi

I think you are rite. I have it from a good source that there was too much money going in the owners pocket, and the immigration girl was getting nothin.

I can forgive you for 'nothin' .... it could have been an impetuous rush to finish off the post and get back to your fission chips, but 'rite' .... I can't take corruptions of the English language, spelling mistakes, no problem, dun the same myself, but that is unforgivable.

It's write or right.

This good source you have .... would it happen to be HP?

I can forgive you for 'nothin' .... it could have been an impetuous rush to finish off the post and get back to your fission chips, but 'rite' .... I can't take corruptions of the English language, spelling mistakes, no problem, dun the same myself, but that is unforgivable.

It's write or right.

Sorry Mr Thaddarse, I didn't really notice. My English is very good, but some words still escape me. By the was Sir, how would you write right in Finnish?

It's write or right.

Sorry Mr Thaddarse, I didn't really notice. My English is very good, but some words still escape me. By the was Sir, how would you write right in Finnish?

Got it now .... it's Finn In UK and not Finnin UK ..... my apologies.

Hi All

I have got Daw's (Imm Officer,Kap Cheung) private number :D and I will find out what the score is re: this and calling into Cop-Shop in Surin.

Dave

Hello again

As promised, I have spoken to Kap Cheung Immigration who inform me of the following :-

1. The Thursday evening Surin visits stopped because of those D@mn Cambodians 'stealing' an old relic or something :D and Daw must guard her office :D:D

2. Ferangs in Surin and surrounding areas MUST use K.Cheung Immigration and NOT the police station. The Plod are not up-todate with Imm regs (sounds useful to me :o)

I finished the phone call with "See you back in Surin, when the Cambodians/Thais are friends again,OK?"..........NO reply!

Dave

Does anybody have any idea what the non immigrant O visa holders will do if the current tensions between Thailand and Cambodia escalate and they close the border?

It doesn't bother me at the mo as I'm back in Englandistan, but what about the other ex-pats their?

One more thing does anybody know how far a Cambodian shell can travel? Probably not as far as Surin but Prasat might be in range, don't you think?

Sleep tight.

John.....

Does anybody have any idea what the non immigrant O visa holders will do if the current tensions between Thailand and Cambodia escalate and they close the border?

Ask daft questions on this forum I should think.

It doesn't bother me at the mo as I'm back in Englandistan, but what about the other ex-pats their?

One more thing does anybody know how far a Cambodian shell can travel?

Sleep tight.

John.....

Don't worry yourself. You've made it back to South Shields so you should be safe there. Did you enter UK as a refugee.....cowa :o rd

Ask daft questions on this forum I should think.

I thought it was a perfectly valid question.

One more thing does anybody know how far a Cambodian shell can travel?

Sleep tight.

John.....

Don't worry yourself. You've made it back to South Shields so you should be safe there. Did you enter UK as a refugee.....cowa :o rd

Well obviously with a name like storminnorman, you, will no doubt, pick up the garden hoe, straddle the first buffalo you see and charge hel_l for leather towards the border yelling geronimo at the top of your voice. Enjoy.

John..... :D

So did I. My answer was a serious response.

So I take it you have all the answers to every question asked.

It's a shame your serious responses don't actually help anybody who might be wondering about the situation.

Hence, not a serious response but a frivolous remark of utterly and totally useless drivel.

So did I. My answer was a serious response.

So I take it you have all the answers to every question asked.

It's a shame your serious responses don't actually help anybody who might be wondering about the situation.

Hence, not a serious response but a frivolous remark of utterly and totally useless drivel.

Now,now Grils....................................mind you I do agree. But it does sound to me like a septic's attempt at humour.

Edited by farangconnection

• 7 months later...
I just got back from getting my 90 day stamp at the Kapchong immigration office and was informed that they now have a small office at the Green Garden restaurant in Surin and do 90 day stamps on Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 PM .

Hi JoeInSurin....... I live outside of Surin in a small Village. Where is the Green Garden Restaurant located in Surin? I need to renew my Retirement Visa, do you know or think they can renew a Retirement Visat at the small Kapchong Office in Surin or would I have to go to the Kapchong Immigration Office?

Joe D

You need to go to Kapchong.

I don't think the immigration officers is even doing the visits to Surin anymore and it was just for reports and etc. anyway.

Hi

That is correct information from ubonjoe.

I live local to where the temporary office WAS and I was informed they didn't make enough 'tea' money so it was shut down after about 2 or 3 weeks. I wonder how they wil do IF opening the Buriram office goes ahead in August???? :)

I must add that the staff of our local Imm office at Kap Cheung are very friendly and helpful BTW.

Dave

I must add that the staff of our local Imm office at Kap Cheung are very friendly and helpful BTW.

Dave

I would agree with the above

However, having regard to previous suggestions, are the staff equally "friendly and helpful" out of normal working hours?

Just to bring some of you up to date with a change of procedures at the Kap Cheown Immigration Office. For the past four or five years I have usually completed my 90-day report by post. I did so again earlier this month. The 90-day report was returned very promptly with an official stamp on the reverse side and a statement in Thai that I was to report in person to the Immigration Office. My postal application had been rejected. <deleted>!

I jumped into the car and made the hour long journey to Kap Cheown, complete with wife and 6 week old baby daughter in tow. (My wife does not like me to fraternize with the locals by myself - especially the attractive female variety.) The old boss had moved on and a new female immigration officer was in charge of the office, together with a new female desk sergeant fronting up the applications. Dow was on her way back from Bangkok. When asked why the postal application was rejected the new boss replied that she wanted to see our faces - simple as that. I retorted that perhaps she was sussing out potential, future husbands and she had a good chuckle at that. Notwithstanding the official handouts saying the 90-day report could be done by post I was told, firmly and politely, that I would have to report in person for future 90-day reports.

In short - no further 90-day reports by post - present the completed TM 47 form in person at Immigration Office in Kap Cheown.

My two hour drive each way last week was very similar to Nomad97, minus any family. No "future husbands" talk. I had phoned the headquarters of Thailand Immigration in Bangkok the day before when my TM47 came back with the same stamp in Thai spoken of by Nomad97. It was made clear I could do the report by mail by headquarters, but if I had this darn "rejection letter" I should heed the notice to show up in person at least this one time. I will keep an eye on this forum to see if this lame policy changes in the next 80 days. "T.T.T." your experiences may vary at different Government /Bank offices depending on the staff/day of the week. Nice roads from Surin to the Immigration office, and that is decent bread from Surin Makro if enjoyed the day you purchase the bread.

...The old boss had moved on and a new female immigration officer was in charge of the office, together with a new female desk sergeant fronting up the applications. Dow was on her way back from Bangkok. When asked why the postal application was rejected the new boss replied that she wanted to see our faces - simple as that. I retorted that perhaps she was sussing out potential, future husbands and she had a good chuckle at that. Notwithstanding the official handouts saying the 90-day report could be done by post I was told, firmly and politely, that I would have to report in person for future 90-day reports.

In short - no further 90-day reports by post - present the completed TM 47 form in person at Immigration Office in Kap Cheown.

I wonder what would happen if you nevertheless made the 90-day report by mail, accompanied by a super-polite covering letter – preferably in Thai – saying that you were enclosing the completed form TM.47 “to notify of staying longer than 90 days” in accordance with Section 37 of the Immigration Act enacted on 24 February 2522. If you then still got the rejection letter you could send an equally polite letter to the Immigration Commissioner in Bangkok asking him if he considered it possible to instruct the officers at the Kap Choeng Immigration Office to accept mailed reports in accordance with the Immigration Act or whether alternatively you would be allowed to mail the 90-day notifications to the Bangkok immigration office, so that you would not have to file a formal complaint against the officer in question at the Kap Choeng office for dereliction of duty and/or abuse of authority.

With the new, strict enforcement of having to use the immigration office in one’s service area I feel one should make an effort to receive from one’s office the services to which one is entitled, without making a recalcitrant immigration official lose too much face.

--

Maestro

Nomad97, seeing that you were recently at the Kap Choeng immigration office I would like to ask you a favour. I have this dream of putting all Thai immigration offices on Google Maps but the address given by the Immigration Bureau, though very detailed, is insufficient to locate in on Google Maps, which for Surin does not even have street names.

This is the address I have:

229 Surin - changjom road,

Amphoe Kap Choeng

Changwat Surin 32210

In Thai:

229 ถ.สุรินทร์ - ช่องจอม

อ.กาบเชิง

จ.สุรินทร์ 3221

The closest I can get on Google Maps is the general area of Amphoe Kap Choeng:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...=15&iwloc=A

This is how you can give me the coordinates for the Kap Choeng immigration office:

1. On Google Maps, right click on the exact spot where the immigration office is.
  2. Click on “Center map here”
  3. At the top right of the screen, click on “Link”
  4. Copy (Ctrl+C) the text in the field “Paste link in email or IM”
  5. Paste (Ctrl+V) that text into your reply in this here topic.

Thank you very much.

--

Maestro

Nomad97, seeing that you were recently at the Kap Choeng immigration office I would like to ask you a favour. I have this dream of putting all Thai immigration offices on Google Maps but the address given by the Immigration Bureau, though very detailed, is insufficient to locate in on Google Maps, which for Surin does not even have street names.

Amphoe Kap Choeng

Changwat Surin 32210

In Thai:

229 ถ.สุรินทร์ - ช่องจอม

อ.กาบเชิง

จ.สุรินทร์ 3221

This is how you can give me the coordinates for the Kap Choeng immigration office:

1. On Google Maps, right click on the exact spot where the immigration office is.
  2. Click on "Center map here"
  3. At the top right of the screen, click on "Link"
  4. Copy (Ctrl+C) the text in the field "Paste link in email or IM"

Thank you very much.

--

Maestro

There is a good description of the KapChoeng immigration pinned above as Information On Lower Isaan

You take the road 214 from Prasat to KapChoeng. Just after the amphur building and the police station on the right hand side of the road there is a big sign post saying "Immigration office" and pointing in to the right.

When you enter the area the imigration is located up on a small hill to your left. The building is no longer pink but painted the same white as the other houses.

Maestro !

I took a closer look at your Google Map. The pointer to Kap Choeng there is to a village with the same name but within amphoe Prasat.

The immigration office is along road 214 in amphoe KapChoeng southeast of Prasat on the way to the border crossing.

Edited by JanAndersLarsson

Maestro !

I took a closer look at your Google Map. The pointer to Kap Choeng there is to a village with the same name but within amphoe Prasat.

The immigration office is along road 214 in amphoe KapChoeng southeast of Prasat on the way to the border crossing.

Exactly! You are a few miles off with your locator. The Immigration Office is south of the route 24 on route 214, about 20 kms from Chom Chom (the border crossing). Google address, from what I can make out from the poor definition of the area is:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...055275&z=14

Hope this helps

Amphoe Kap Choeng

Changwat Surin 32210

In Thai:

229 ถ.สุรินทร์ - ช่องจอม

อ.กาบเชิง

จ.สุรินทร์ 3221

2. Click on “Center map here”
  3. At the top right of the screen, click on “Link”
  4. Copy (Ctrl+C) the text in the field “Paste link in email or IM”

Thank you very much.

--

Maestro

Hi done that and hear goes..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...=14&iwloc=A

The address taken from the literature given out from that office reads....

229 M. 10 Tumbon Kapchoeng

Amper Kapchoeng

Jangwat Surin

e-mail : [email protected]

Hope that helps

Dave