Bus From Nakhon Sawan To Chaing Mai

johngerrard

The overnight train is best for that trip especially if you get a sleeper. Usually no problems with tickets either. If you want to go by bus, use a mini bus at least they have movies and music, but still a long haul IMHO.

• 1 month later...
Hi all. Anyone any advice on getting from NS to Chaing Mai by bus? Is there a direct bus? Any idea of frequency/times? Are we talking local bus or VIP?

any advice gratefully received!

Every hour via going through Phitsanulok (2 hours to north) - well worth a day stopover if you wanted to do it that way. Decent hotels (Grand Riverside, Pailyn, Topland). Biggest Bhuddist Temple outside Bangkok apparently, and good shopping at Topland Plaza. Another 5 hours on to Chiang Mai.

Train more expensive than bus and no quicker, I guess it comes down to what you want out of the trip.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks all. Actually still haven't done the trip yet due to having been on Koh Samui for some time. I guess it will be the train, after coming back by bus from samui i have nightmares of watching and being blasted awake by awful bland thai pop music ['music' not being the definitive word]