Wild Skies.........

The Vulcan

I do like how the sun and the clouds plus the pike in the middle leads to the vanishing point. Despite the trash, it's got nostalgic qualities. Dad used to take me to hua hin when the fishing boats came in and buy loads of reef crabs. That was almost 20 years ago... not a soul in sight back then... :o

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow the rubbish typifies Thailand, sad to say............

I do agree that Hua Hin was a much more peaceful place 20-25 years ago.

Real people lived in the centre of town, but now it is all hotels and bars.... :o

Nice picture, well composed.

Is this an HDR that was converted to BW?

The one thing I would change is the white top on the piling in the dead center. It attracts the eye way too much.

Lew

You're right about that white top - there was something about the image that was disturbing me and I couldn't see it - thanks

It's not an HDR - just a straight shot with "in camera" red filter setting then PP in Photoshop

Nice picture, well composed.

Is this an HDR that was converted to BW?

The one thing I would change is the white top on the piling in the dead center. It attracts the eye way too much.

Lew

You're right about that white top - there was something about the image that was disturbing me and I couldn't see it - thanks

It's not an HDR - just a straight shot with "in camera" red filter setting then PP in Photoshop

I took out that entire piling (and the half piling at the left) and, imo, that really opened up the image.

I hope you don't mind the re-post. If it is inappropriate, I will remove it.

L

post-29459-1221494979_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice photo "The Vulcan" even as I am not fond of Black and White photography this one 'touched a never' so to speak (the best Black and White photo that I have ever seen). HDR was my thinking also. :o BTW

I must admit yours is better than the so called doctored up version posted by ("LittleLew" nice try, but not for me.) :D

Great work and thank you for your contribution on this forum in all aspects of photography. May there be many more. :D

Yours truly

Kan Win :D