New Forum

naomisri

Hi

Just wondering whether it might be relevent to have a forum for Foreign Women with Thai husbands. The rules seem to be different on every level - relationships, balance of wealth, visas, experiences, family influence.

The visa laws which concern foreign women married to Thai men, such as there not being a need to report her income, sometimes prevent a woman from getting to know what is going on in terms of immigration herself. I know my Thai husband feels it is his "duty" to take care of everything despite me having a brain and wanting to know what the law means to me.

I appreciate you already have a forum dedicated to farang women in Thailand, but I have searched the entire web trying to fnd answers to some of my questions on citizenship for women, cultural differences etc, but everything out there is aimed at foreign men married to Thai women.

So what do you think? Are there enough of us yet to get our own group? Is there a moderator out there who is willing to get us the facts as Thai law dictates them?

N

Hi

Just wondering whether it might be relevent to have a forum for Foreign Women with Thai husbands.  The rules seem to be different on every level - relationships, balance of wealth, visas, experiences, family influence. 

The visa laws which concern foreign women married to Thai men, such as there not being a need to report her income,  sometimes prevent a woman from getting to know what is going on in terms of immigration herself.  I know my Thai husband feels it is his "duty" to take care of everything despite me having a brain and wanting to know what the law means to me.

I appreciate you already have a forum dedicated to  farang women in Thailand, but I have searched the entire web trying to fnd answers to some of my questions on citizenship for women, cultural differences etc, but everything out there is aimed at foreign men married to Thai women.

So what do you think?  Are there enough of us yet to get our own group?  Is there a moderator out there who is willing to get us the facts as Thai law dictates them?

N

http://matrix.bangkokpost.co.th/forums/thr...p?Thread_ID=180