Kawasaki Klx 250 Its Here !

imaneggspurt

Actually, I'm after a Yamaha WR250. I simply can't stand road bikes...I must have an "enduro" (trail bike).

Actually the KLX250 is an "enduro" bike. Not a motocross nor a supercross bike, but a (trail bike) in a tamed street legal spec, similar to the WR250R. "Dual purpose" as you can ride the road legally to get to the trail.

Equivalent road bikes would be the Kawasaki Dtracker or the Yamaha WR250X or the tamer XT250. So don't go for those.

The bike is certainly capable of doing it all but its a bit soft for an enduro bike, there were 2 versions made one was the klx250r that was the more serious one, and a klx250s, which is the trail version, the one in thailand will resemble the "s",.however with a tyre change and lower gearing will make a decent off road bike and thats what i want one for, 90 off 10 on ,.wr250 will have about 10 more horsepower though, :o nice

Actually, I'm after a Yamaha WR250. I simply can't stand road bikes...I must have an "enduro" (trail bike).

Actually the KLX250 is an "enduro" bike. Not a motocross nor a supercross bike, but a (trail bike) in a tamed street legal spec, similar to the WR250R. "Dual purpose" as you can ride the road legally to get to the trail.

Equivalent road bikes would be the Kawasaki Dtracker or the Yamaha WR250X or the tamer XT250. So don't go for those.

Yes, I'm well aware of this. I actually owned a KLR250 for a few years. Some of my previous bikes were;

1] Honda XR75 (first bike - strictly motocross).

2] Yamaha DT175B (trail).

3] Honda 250 Motosport (trail - heavy but good).

4] Honda 125 Elsinor (strictly motocross).

5] Maico 400 (strictly motocross - a dangerously powerful & quick bike).

My favourite "enduro" bike was a Greeves 360, which belonged to a friend. KTM was also bloody good.

Edited by elkangorito

The bike is certainly capable of doing it all but its a bit soft for an enduro bike, there were 2 versions made one was the klx250r that was the more serious one, and a klx250s, which is the trail version, the one in thailand will resemble the "s",.however with a tyre change and lower gearing will make a decent off road bike and thats what i want one for, 90 off 10 on ,.wr250 will have about 10 more horsepower though, :o nice

That's what I was afraid of, that it's just a "decent" off road bike. Looking at the KLX at the dealership it didn't seem to be very rugged in the way of the KXs, WRs, YZs, XRs, RMs etc. Seemed a bit fragile to take hard and heavy trail riding.

It may not have the HP of WR or some others but it's an excellent dual purpose bike. I am a member of another forum which caters to the green machine and the KLX-250S has a serious following who beat the tar out of it and have modified it to make it even better. Many of these mods are also used on the other brands. Unfortunately I don't think many of the mods will be suitable as the TH version is EFI and the majority of the world is still running carbs. The 09 KLX is supposed to be a hands down improvement over the previous couple of model years.

I have mine on order out of Udorn and it be plated/insured/delievered for just a hair over 151k Bht.

Eric

I've got one on order too.

I would rather have the WR but it's only available as an import for 330,000 baht and Yamaha Thailand have no plans to sell it as a domestic model, so the KLX it is.

from what I've read the WR250R has only about 3 or 4 HP more than the KLX.

I've got one on order too.

I would rather have the WR but it's only available as an import for 330,000 baht and Yamaha Thailand have no plans to sell it as a domestic model, so the KLX it is.

from what I've read the WR250R has only about 3 or 4 HP more than the KLX.

Reducing the inlet port size by about 35% (on the KLX) would more than compensate for this power output difference. Even better if the exhaust port size is reduced in a similar fashion.