Shrimp Fishing

MMR

The one I went to was 99 baht for the all you can eat buffet, plus 300 baht per hour for the shrimp fishing. You got a fishing pole and some bait, and there was a swimming pool filled with prawns. You got to eat as much as you could catch in the time period. It was somewhere in Pinklao, but I don't remember exactly where. I'll have to ask the friend that took me there.

Thanks for the information...can you provide any details on the pricing?

Sorry, the Wife didn´t ask that question, she did enquire about the opening times & they don´t open until 17:00/17:30. We´re currently in Spain - calling from the UK´s one thing, but from here´s another matter. They´ve got a website, but I don´t recall there being any pricing information. If you find out post it on here & if you happen to visit before December, a review wouldn´t go amiss - I´m looking forward to trying this place out.

When we get home I´ll post the details of the other joint that´s open - the wife´s got them saved in her favourites on the home PC. That place opens around noon & closes at about midnight - the other end of town though, I think it´s near Suan Siam theme park.

• 1 month later...
This place IS open for prawn fishing:

Borkung Ratchada Soi 8

119/6 Ratchada-Tapra Soi 8, Bukkalo, Thonburi, Bangkok 10160

Tel : 0-2476-4405

I checked this joint out last night.

100 baht per hour for prawn fishing.

The restaurant itself is completely open air & there's a stage with live entertainment. Both the fishing and the restaurant were very busy the waitress told the the wife that usually it's even busier, so I'd suggest getting there early as there were times when there wasn't a free fishing spot.

Looking at the rest of the clientel, not to mention their motors in the car park, you couldn't help but get the impression that this was a place where well to do Thai's spend a discreet evening with the Mia Noi.

Prices were very reasonable & the food was good. The bill at the end of the night was 1600 baht which included five hours Prawn Fishing and five big bottles of Heineken. I would certainly recommend this place for the food alone.

As for the fishing, not the most fruitful session - 7 (large) prawns in 5 hours. As usual with these places, those using their own equipment & bait seemed to do much better than those using the restaurant's equipment.