Bangkok Ranks Best Asian City Tourism Destination

george

Bangkok ranks best Asian city tourism destination

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok and the northern capital of Chiang Mai have been ranked by a popular magazine the Conde Nast Traveler as the number one and four respectively best tourism destinations in Asia, said the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) office in Los Angeles.

The magazine has made a survey for the 17th consecutive year in its 'Top 100 Best in the World 2004' in which frequent travellers were asked about their favorites cities, resorts, islands, hotels and luxury liners.

In the category of favorite islands, Phuket and Samui were ranked second and fifth respectively out of the 10 most popular islands in Asia and the Indian Ocean.

Three thai resorts namely Amanpuri in Phuket, Four Seasons in Chiang Mai and Le Meridien in Phuket were ranked 5th, 8th and 10th respectively, according to the survey by the upmarket magazine.

Eight deluxe hotels in Bangkok were ranked among the top of 50 hotels in the region. The Peninsula Hotel was chosen as the number one on the list.

-- TNA 2004-11-21

Conde (should be an accent on the e) are he people that publish Tatler and a few other high brow social magazines. I once tried to get a job on the aforemention publication.

On the subject at hand, I would say that Tokyo would be superior to Bangkok as holiday destination. Much more expensive, but a much better night life and music scene. All night partying, no urine test hassles and less nasty pollution up your nose.

Conde (should be an accent on the e) are he people that publish Tatler and a few other high brow social magazines. I once tried to get a job on the aforemention publication.

On the subject at hand, I would say that Tokyo would be superior to Bangkok as  holiday destination. Much more expensive, but a much better night life and music scene. All night partying, no urine test hassles and less nasty pollution up your nose.

Isn't "high brow social magazine" an oxymoron?