Want To Open A Consulting Firm

Phantom200

Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone has experience with opening a consulting firm. I would like to provide English language consulting services to companies in Bangkok. My main concern is finding clients. I believe this would be the make or break for this type of business.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone has experience with opening a consulting firm. I would like to provide English language consulting services to companies in Bangkok. My main concern is finding clients. I believe this would be the make or break for this type of business.

thanks

what sort of Consulting Services, could you narrow it down a bit, then someone might be able to help

Hello,

thanks

what sort of Consulting Services, could you narrow it down a bit, then someone might be able to help

OP Already stated English Language Consulting Services,However Quote............. My main concern is finding clients, a lot more homework and research is needed before you invest.

Hello,

thanks

This post strikes me as being very forward. I have worked as a consultant in the past and doubt whether I would part with the knowledge and experience you require for free.

However I admire your gall and wish you well in your endeavours.

Reason for edit was to correct a spelling mistake

Edited by LeungKen

This post strikes me as being very forward. I have worked as a consultant in the past and doubt whether I would part with the knowledge and experience you require for free.

However I admire your gall and wish you well in your endeavours.

Reason for edit was to correct a spelling mistake

LeungKen

Since it is a forum, I thought it was worth a shot. Ok, so what would this information be worth? If you or anyone would be willing to offer solid business advice on getting an English language consulting firm up and running, I'll entertain some quotes via my TV email.

thanks

Hello,

thanks

Phantom, I really hate to sound negative .. even mean, but you said, "I believe this would be the make or break for this type of business."

That concept is so elementary that it need not even be uttered. It strikes me as naive to a fault. Consultants are generally thought of as experts. So are you actually expert and sophisticated enough to be a consultant? Or do you think that the ability to speak english is enough?

If a manager asked, "What can you do for my firm? What value can you bring?"

How would you answer?

If you don't have anything positive to offer, you are not obligated to reply. If I'm correct, this site does not welcome them.

Although someone may be good at doing something, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a good at doing business. I am looking for business advice, not admonishments. If someone feels this advice carries a price tag then so be it. I've seen members offering their services in here. In fact, thousands of businesses hire business analysts to examine and improve their businesses.

If you don't have anything positive to offer, you are not obligated to reply. If I'm correct, this site does not welcome them.

Sometimes the most valuable advice a person might give a potential entrepreneur is .. don't do it. It's done quite often here, especially when potential bar owners ask similar questions.

Although someone may be good at doing something, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a good at doing business.

They dam_n well better be if ..

1) They are planning to run a business

2) They are acting as a consultant to other businesses, where profitability is a motive for the customer.

In fact, thousands of businesses hire business analysts to examine and improve their businesses.

How can you possibly examine and improve someone's business when you are not necessarily good at running a business?

• 1 month later...
Although someone may be good at doing something, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a good at doing business.

that begs the question, if you don't know how to run or start up your own business (idea) how on earth can you advice others'?

In fact, thousands of businesses hire business analysts to examine and improve their businesses.

true but they already have an existing business, you go none and waiting for somebody to tell you how kick start yours.

This is Faulty Tower stuff, que? :o