Work Out

richard2841

I guess it depends what you want. I checked Purimas a few years ago and found it had very little equipment. If it has changed then maybe I should try it again. I like to use free weights and have to go to a small gym in Raying for a decent work out. I don't think Ban Chang has much to offer in way of gyms.

Down the soi 42 towards the beach is the housing project Payoon Greenville.

They have a small pool and exercise room. Not an official gym but the sales office will allow outsiders to pay a small fee of around 600 baht per year for a single to use the facilities. As far as I know its unlimited use.

Don't know any more details than this,,,,,,,check it out

• 2 weeks later...
Down the soi 42 towards the beach is the housing project Payoon Greenville.

They have a small pool and exercise room. Not an official gym but the sales office will allow outsiders to pay a small fee of around 600 baht per year for a single to use the facilities. As far as I know its unlimited use.

Don't know any more details than this,,,,,,,check it out

I live there and the facilities are not much more than window dressing. The exercise room is tiny, and the pool is over-chlorinated, making your eyes sore after using it...

The Purimas has a reasonable fitness room, with some free weights and machines.

The Eastern Star fitness room has recently been upgraded and a few new machines and equipments added. Nothing extraordinary, but looking more like a real gym. 600/ month for unlimited access to non-residents. :o

Does the 600/mo at Eastern include using the lap pool?

I would imagine so, but not 100% sure. They charged my missus (Thai) 80baht to just use the pool yesterday. I'm sure if you join up for a month, the fee would cover most of the utilities there.