Help With Vat & Wht Questions

Bredbury Blue

We are in the VAT system and have some questions.

1. if we provide a service in thailand, for an overseas company who will be paying from overseas, for our service of recruiting someone in thailand who will work overseas, should 7%VAT be applied ?

2. if I sell advertising on my website. [a] to a thai company, then I would include for 7% VAT but would 3% WHT need to be withheld from our payment, how about with an overseas company?

hope you can offer advice.

thanks

We are in the VAT system and have some questions.

1. if we provide a service in thailand, for an overseas company who will be paying from overseas, for our service of recruiting someone in thailand who will work overseas, should 7%VAT be applied ?

2. if I sell advertising on my website. [a] to a thai company, then I would include for 7% VAT but would 3% WHT need to be withheld from our payment, how about with an overseas company?

hope you can offer advice.

thanks

Had something similar a couple of years ago. The question is where the benefit of your service is. If it is inside Thailand, VAT applies. If it is outside Thailand, no VAT. I argued that I am exporting the service (it was market research for a Swiss company) and therefor no VAT.

For 2.a you are right

For 2.b. see above...is the service/product is to be sold in Thailand VAT and WHT, if not...hmm..not so sure....

Ever considered an offshore account? :o