Anyone Know Good Lawyers For Meical Negligence In Bangkok?please Help

kuffki

HEY, to all.

Need help please. I have just had a shoulder surgery which cost me 400000 baht, 6months later i am in worse condition then prior to surgery. Went back to the surgeon, did some more tests, it turns out during the surgery either they left some metal in the shoulder or one of the screws broke and now floating in the shoulder. Surgeon wants same money for another surgery, but gave 20000 baht discount-What a joke?! His fault but i have to pay.

Anyhow, looking for good law firm to start legal action in Bangkok. Only hoping to get the cost of surgery covered-obviously at a different hospital, doubt will get any compensation being in Thailand and Foreigner (Apperantly we are rich and cannot take advantage of poor thai doctor, despite the fact that he charges same rates as Aus or US Doctor)

Anyhow please help, if anyone know of a good law firm or has had similar experience-any help would be appriciated

Sorry for spelling mistakes-hard to type with left hand :o

Edited by kuffki

Very sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately I have no experience with lawyers in Thailand. I am going to move this to the general forum as that will reach a wider readership. There isn't much in the way of medical malpractice work in Thailand but I think any law firm with experience with personal injury suits of any type could handle it. Basically what you want is an out of court settlement usfficient to cover lawyer fee, initial treatment cost and whatever it is going to cost to fix it, but of course to get this the threat of litigation (and accompanying bad publicity) has to be there so need a lawyer to do it. Hoepfully some recommendations will be forthcoming. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.