Samak Bows Out

Buckwheat

Pigs strike back - the murderous impersonator gets "cook" time for telling porkies.

I agree with people who think his most cherished dream is a coveted seat on Privy Council, he'd even keep his pie hole shut for a month if it helps. Still, at this point, I think he won't make it.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The court refused to grant leniency in its sentencing, in view of the defendants' repeated offences for libel.

In its verdict, the Appeals Court stated that the two defendants are leading figures with political experience who knew that their opinions could have significant influence over the public’s opinion, yet they have repeatedly aired their malicious views via television. The court added that the defendants failed to reform themselves although the judiciary has granted a number of opportunities for them to do so.

So to answer a couple of other people's questions, no, Samak will not be resuming employment with his cooking show anytime soon and even without the 'antidemocratic mob rule' of PAD he would still only have lasted a few more weeks in office.

With a bit of luck he will be reunited with the rest of the PPP executive shortly (though they may need to convene their next meeting in the clink...I think they have time for one more before they get dissolved).

Can you just imagine piggy in a prison cell - that would be sweet justice indeed and well deserved - bring it on ASAP.

I can't see it. He's probably already got his round trip ticket booked: Thailand - China - London.

I wonder if Sondhi will be joining them after he's been convicted of treason?

One of Samak's Cabinet ministers update...

Jakrapob’s lese majeste case in progress

Police Spokesman Lt. Gen.Watcharapol Prasarnratchakit revealed that Police Commissioner-General, Pol. Gen. Patcharawat Wongsuwan had endorsed an order to take legal action against former Prime Minister's Office Minister Jakrapob Penkair following alleged lese majeste by Jakrapob.

According to Lt. Gen. Watcharapol, officials from the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) and the Crime Suppression Division of the Royal Thai Police will transport Jakrapob Penkair together with relevant case files to the Office of the Attorney-General as soon as possible.

Lt. Gen. Watcharapol said the court appearance of the defendant has not yet been set, but will be made soon by the Deliberation Committee on Lese Majeste Case. Nevertheless, Pol. Maj. Gen. Phongphat Chayaphan, the Commander of Crime Suppression Division, revealed he has not yet received any contact from Jakrapob in regards to the charges.

- ThaiNews / 2008-09-15

An interestingly dubious development in Jakropob's case with the involvement of Potjaman Shinawatra nee Damapong's brother.... who seems to have assumed a low profile as Deputy Police Commissioner-General since his sister became a convicted criminal and a wanted fugitive by the police...

10.jpg

former PM's Office Minister Jakrapob Penkair

1a4.gif

Deputy Police Commissioner-General Police General Phriewphan Damapong

Jakrapob calls for more witness interrogations in lèse majesté case

The police committee responsible for a lèse majesté case of former Minister attached to PM’s Office Jakrapob Penkair says the Police Commissioner-General will decide whether to approve more witness interrogations.

The committee, chaired by Deputy Police Commissioner-General Police General Phriewphan Damapong, says the defendant in the case has the right to submit evidences following Jakrapob’s call for interrogations of another 18 witnesses.

The committee will ask the Commissioner-General to decide tomorrow whether to approve the defendant’s request.

The Commissioner-General may also request the Council of the State to rule whether the case was already closed after filing lèse majesté charges against Jakrapob.

- ThaiNews / 2008-09-25

Edited by sriracha john

It's well worth having a search for Jakrapob's Youtube video. If you take the trouble to watch it you will observe the following very clearly:

1. That Jakropob has a snowflakes chance in hel_l of surviving the lese majeste case.

2. That Jakroprob is, without any shadow of doubt, a complete and utter idiot that should never, *ever* have been entrusted with a 'spokesman' position. Considering that he is Thai his comments re. the monarchy and Thaksin's position on same are just unbelievably stupid. Either he is completely, utterly and dismally incompetent and mentally impaired as well or (more likely) just unbelievably arrogant. (Even Samak/Thaksin apologists will throw their hands up in despair at this moron's comments, Thaksin must have just wanted to shoot him).

3. PPP wants Thailand to be a republic. You can draw your own conclusions as to why. You may care to review the terms 'good governance', 'rule of law' and 'pathetically corrupt self-serving despotic scumbag*'.

* If you watch the Youtube video and you disagree, let me know. I will be quite fascinated if even the most hardened Thaksin fan doesn't want to slap Jakropb silly.

It's well worth having a search for Jakrapob's Youtube video. If you take the trouble to watch it you will observe the following very clearly:

1. That Jakropob has a snowflakes chance in hel_l of surviving the lese majeste case.

2. That Jakroprob is, without any shadow of doubt, a complete and utter idiot that should never, *ever* have been entrusted with a 'spokesman' position. Considering that he is Thai his comments re. the monarchy and Thaksin's position on same are just unbelievably stupid. Either he is completely, utterly and dismally incompetent and mentally impaired as well or (more likely) just unbelievably arrogant. (Even Samak/Thaksin apologists will throw their hands up in despair at this moron's comments, Thaksin must have just wanted to shoot him).

3. PPP wants Thailand to be a republic. You can draw your own conclusions as to why. You may care to review the terms 'good governance', 'rule of law' and 'pathetically corrupt self-serving despotic scumbag*'.

* If you watch the Youtube video and you disagree, let me know. I will be quite fascinated if even the most hardened Thaksin fan doesn't want to slap Jakropb silly.

point 3) the plans from Thaksin are (or were) pretty clear.....