Chemicals Around Rangsit.

spacemunk

Hey all.

I was wondering if i could buy Boric Acid powder anywhere around Rangsit or any other areas?

Got a big problem with Ants at the moment.

Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks. :o

Long and interesting thread on ThaiVisa on the subject earlier this year. One suggestion was to try a large pharmacy. I'm headed on down to the Rangsit market later this morning, need some meds from the regular pharmacy I've been going to for 10+ years, will ask there.

Below a couple items pulled from the thread.

Mac

Boric Acid

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Centipede-Control-t177744.html

"Boric acid" (chemical formula H3BO3, sometimes written B(OH)3 ) :

กรดบอริก or ดินเบา (Din Bao)

also

BORIC AER-SID บอริคแอซิด which seems to be a direct transcription of the English word 'boric acid'.

BORIC GROT โบริกกรด GROT is the Thai word for 'acid').

GROT BORIC กรดบอรริค, กรดบอริก etc

and "diatomaceous earth" ไดอะตอมมาเชียส เอิร์ท(diatomaceous earth) or ไดอะตอมไมท์ (diatomite)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK.... I contacted the In-Laws for the Japanese recipes. It seems there are several different ones, but all include boric acid and flour. The other ingredients seem to be attractants rather than killers. So to cover all bets, (and perhaps other pests as well) use the following;

Boric Acid (largest amount of the mix)

Flour (second largest amount)

powdered sugar (Icing sugar)

cocoa powder

powdered milk

grated onion (Yep! That was in most of the recipes! )

shortening (we all want nice flakey roach cookies, right?)

and wet it all down with condensed milk.

Shape into small balls or logs the size of your finger, and either dry naturally or put in the oven to dry completely. Some recipes say to dust the outsides of the cookies with more boric acid, and then hide around the house and yard as mentioned before. A bit of research on the Web tells me that this both IS and IS NOT harmful to pets. Nothing quite as refreshing as completely conflicting information about poisons...

So...... pick up some 1"-2" PVC pipe and cut to 6" lengths. Put the cookies inside the pipe so the cat, dog, or kids can't get at them. Alternately you could spread some of this mix with a butter knife while wet deep inside the pipe and let air dry there if you are really worried about toxicity. Place these pieces of pipe in all the places where the centepieds travel, ant trails, inside cupboards, closets, under the sink and toilets, around the garden, etc. Expect effects to be noticeable after about a week. If all this fails, a H&K MP5 works well, but you have to get the suckers right between the eyes, cuz they charge when they are wounded...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sweet.

Thanks Mac.

dam_n ants r crawling all over the house. Even Ant chalk doesnt work.

I worked in a pest control b4 so i just need the Boric Acid powder to mix it with jam

What flavor jam?? How about peanut butter?

Wonder if regular local syrup would work about as well. Cheaper too.

BTW, I didn't get down to Rangsit today, reckon Wednesday early.

Mac

Actually strawberry is best. More sugar content...haha.

Just use the thai cheap jams should work unless u wanna spend 100thb on a jam...haha

I just load the mixed jam into straws and cut them abt 2inches in length and just place around the infested area.

Its good to use to keep ants away from the house.

Anyways let me know. Cheers.

Just use the thai cheap jams should work unless u wanna spend 100thb on a jam...haha

I just load the mixed jam into straws and cut them abt 2inches in length and just place around the infested area.

cgbartz

I still haven't found boric acid, this morning tried several places between Klongs 6 and 10, nada, zip, no have.

Still looking, will try Home Pro and Home Works next.

Please let me know if you find a source.

Mac

โนวารา เฟลเวอร์ แอนด์ เฟรแกรนต์ (ไทย) บจก 50/431 รังสิต-นครนายก

Bangkok, ประเทศไทย

• Tel: 02-990-9381-2
  • Fax: 02-990-9291

บริษัท ไพโดฟอส

ที่อยู่:

ชูชาติ, ตำบลรังสิต, อำเภอธัญบุรี, ปทุมธานี

โทรศัพท์: 025772698 , 025772878 , 0818664100

โทรสาร: 025771496

หมวด: เคมีภัณฑ์-ขายส่งและผู้ผลิต

Most Chemical stores are located around Hua Lamphong - Ban Thadthong Road.

You may try pharmacy store or agricultural store.

or search เคมีภัณฑ์ in yellowpages.co.th

worldwideweb.archeep.com/chemistry/chem_supply.htm well known sources for buying chemical mat. (in Thai)

Edited by parki

Tops in Future Park sells ant poison, it comes with a dayglo green 'ant restaurant' for deploying it. Don't remember the brand name but I seem to remember that the pack has Japanese writing on. It works very well for fire ants. There is a cheaper Thai brand that doesn't attract them so well.

cgbartz

I still haven't found boric acid, this morning tried several places between Klongs 6 and 10, nada, zip, no have.

Still looking, will try Home Pro and Home Works next.

Please let me know if you find a source.

Mac

Hey Mac.

I still haven't found any yet too. About to give up...haha.

Will let u know if i do actually find it.