To Tell Or Not To Tell That Is The Question

egg6447

i dont feel good telling this but it happens all to often. an inlaw has just sold her house to a thai girl that has two farang on the go. now the story is she has farang husband. for sure she has two boyfriends. why am i posting. well its just a heads up to you. if your australian or sweedish and youve just paid 700k bt for a house in song neuan. well you both probably paid for the same house with the same girl. i know no other info so if you think its you i,m sorry. shit happens man.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose not to tell a good farang friend, simply because he couldn't really legally do anything about his thai gf selling land bought with his money, and it was probably better for him just not to know about it. Mind you they had already broken up for quite a time and they lived apart, and no one had any control over her- yaa-baa, (if he had more interest in the land and was living in los, then I may have done something).

Only two farangs on the go?

Bad business woman :o

But really smart farangs :D

ye not as smart as her though. sure how many times have we seen/read similar. what struck me in this case is its the first time two farang have paid for the same house. if thats the case of course.

I have given up telling people what they are likely to face in the future as most of them are not willing to face the truth until it is too late anyway.

A few years ago I told a friend he was taken for a real ride by his girlfriend – after which I lost most the contact with him. Today he has lost the two houses he put into his girlfriends name as well as more or less all his savings and is a bitter man blaming everybody but himself. This nice man was too smart to be fooled - he thought!

i dont feel good telling this but it happens all to often. an inlaw has just sold her house to a thai girl that has two farang on the go. now the story is she has farang husband. for sure she has two boyfriends. why am i posting. well its just a heads up to you. if your australian or sweedish and youve just paid 700k bt for a house in song neuan. well you both probably paid for the same house with the same girl. i know no other info so if you think its you i,m sorry. shit happens man.

In my village a guy's wife has bigomously married a farang and lives with him in the UK. She sends her husband money here to support him and her 2 children. What can one do ? If you told them your no good. Ditto if you don't tell them. Let them learn the hard way.

First rule:do NOT invest in Thailand any money that you are not ready to lose. :D

Second rule:If you do,don't come to TV for comfort. :D

Personal thought:why don't I follow my own advice? :o

First rule:do NOT invest in Thailand any money that you are not ready to lose. :D

Second rule:If you do,don't come to TV for comfort. :D

Personal thought:why don't I follow my own advice? :o

Of course it regards everybody else than you :D ...................................and me :D

What is amazing is that like the Nigerian scams, all this is common knowledge by now, but people just keep falling into the same holes.

Bet you that they can put mega-sized flashing warnings in the airport, stamp it into the passports, and guys will just keep on truckin'.

What is amazing is that like the Nigerian scams, all this is common knowledge by now, but people just keep falling into the same holes.

Bet you that they can put mega-sized flashing warnings in the airport, stamp it into the passports, and guys will just keep on truckin'.

Yup, everyone needs to listen to these wise old eggs at TV for sure.

Watch ur own missus :o it can happen to anyone

Watch ur own missus :o it can happen to anyone

Sadly I have concluded that this is probably all too true. It is common knowledge in my village that the wives of two other farangs have Thai boyfriends. These poor guys have both built houses and one has helped his wife start a small business. Both are away part of the year working to earn money for the family, during which time the wives find other things to do. The age gap between these husbands and wives isn't that great, and I'd say one man is about 40 and one about 50. So it is not the old guy marries young 'hottie' scenario that some might think. I'm glad that my wife travels with me when I go back to my home country to work.

Edited by citizen33

Lying bitch told me it cost 900k lol. :o

roy gsd

Watch ur own missus :D it can happen to anyone

Sadly I have concluded that this is probably all too true. It is common knowledge in my village that the wives of two other farangs have Thai boyfriends. These poor guys have both built houses and one has helped his wife start a small business. Both are away part of the year working to earn money for the family, during which time the wives find other things to do. The age gap between these husbands and wives isn't that great, and I'd say one man is about 40 and one about 50. So it is not the old guy marries young 'hottie' scenario that some might think. I'm glad that my wife travels with me when I go back to my home country to work.

i think the majority of us know that the girls ARE NOT hottie types :o:D:D

A former, very good, friend of mine was told by his lady (Thai) that mama and papa were going to lose their house since they could not afford to pay off the loan they had taken out on the property.

Ex-mate handed the money over to pay for the house, GF showed him the deeds to a house with only her name on it, he protested why his name not on it?!?!?!

He was often told about a scam such as?...

"Daughter buys Mama and Papa house, they get a load of money, parents stay in the house, house stay in family, family now have a big wedge of money"??

Has handed over a small fortune........................cannot see past her smile, very sad we were very good friends once :o

Edited by tmd5855

A former, very good, friend of mine was told by his lady (Thai) that mama and papa were going to lose their house since they could not afford to pay off the loan they had taken out on the property.

Ex-mate handed the money over to pay for the house, GF showed him the deeds to a house with only her name on it, he protested why his name not on it?!?!?!

He was often told about a scam such as?...

"Daughter buys Mama and Papa house, they get a load of money, parents stay in the house, house stay in family, family now have a big wedge of money"??

Has handed over a small fortune........................cannot see past her smile, very sad we were very good friends once :o

Obviously neither him nor you know that you CANNOT own land here in Thailand. Why would you think he could have his name on the deed?

This seems like an appropriate thread to send a very special Thank You to a European farang...Don't know his name or what country he is from...He bought his GF a new Lime Green Mio motor bike a few months ago...Well his GF got way behind in her gambling debts and my wife bought the motorbike from her last week at exactly 1/3 the price he paid...It has a total of 4,000kms....So if you get a call or an email from your GF that her Lime Green Mio was "stolen", ask her to send a copy of the police report and the next bike you buy for her...put it in your name...

Stoneman

What would you guys do if you couldn't sit around bitching and gossiping about people who weren't as "smart" or as "clued-up" or who have failed to follow someone's "rules" for living in Thailand.

What really sticks in my throat is the evident delight you seem to take in the up's and down's of other peoples lives.

If only we were all as clever as you lot eh ?

Sad.

Londo

This seems like an appropriate thread to send a very special Thank You to a European farang...Don't know his name or what country he is from...He bought his GF a new Lime Green Mio motor bike a few months ago...Well his GF got way behind in her gambling debts and my wife bought the motorbike from her last week at exactly 1/3 the price he paid...It has a total of 4,000kms....So if you get a call or an email from your GF that her Lime Green Mio was "stolen", ask her to send a copy of the police report and the next bike you buy for her...put it in your name...

Stoneman

This has nothing to do with this thread but I got quorious when i saw your avarter, are you in the gem's trade or a collector like I am?

G.

Stoneman

This has nothing to do with this thread but I got quorious when i saw your avarter, are you in the gem's trade or a collector like I am?

G.

Been in the trade for over 35 years

Stoneman

What would you guys do if you couldn't sit around bitching and gossiping about people who weren't as "smart" or as "clued-up" or who have failed to follow someone's "rules" for living in Thailand.

What really sticks in my throat is the evident delight you seem to take in the up's and down's of other peoples lives.

If only we were all as clever as you lot eh ?

Sad.

Londo

Londo...Have no idea how you came up with that interpretation, I was merely trying to point out to the hundreds of other guys that there are ways to do things here in Thailand that can help your GF and at the same time protect your financial interests... Anyone that has lived in Thailand for a few years can tell hundreds of stories just like this and I certainly hope that it has kept, at least few of the newer guys from making the same mistakes...Maybe your GF selling a $1,400(US) motorbike that you just bought her is not important or significant to you, but others $1,400 is a lot of money...Maybe you think I should have told her that she should not sell the bike, but rather call her BF and ask for more money or told her No I will not buy it for 1/3 the original value...

Stoneman

to send a very special Thank You to a European farang

Well his GF got way behind in her gambling debts and my wife bought the motorbike from her last week at exactly 1/3 the price he paid

...It has a total of 4,000kms....

Stoneman

gloat: 2: to observe or think about something with triumphant and often malicious satisfaction, gratification, or delight

schadenfreude: to take delight in other peoples misfortune

If only we were all as smart as you eh ?