Don Muang Airport To Be New Government House

george

Cabinet approves Bt1 billion to transform Don Muang airport as Government House

BANGKOK: -- The Cabinet Tuesday approved Bt1 billion for renovating Don Muang airport and transforming into temporary Government House.

PM's Office permanent secretary Julayuth Hiranyawasit said the budget would come from the central fund.

The money would be mostly spent for equipping the office building at the airport with office equipment so that Government House officials could work there.

He said the government has yet to decide when to transfer Government House officials to work at the airport.

-- The Nation 2008-09-16

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they've decided to completely abandon the existing government house and decided to set up a new one for a cool one billion baht????

Was there anyone thinking that the new PM might at least try to resolve the political crisis? Apparently it's not on the agenda at all.

Nah it's a bluff to lure Sondhi et al to DMK so they can retake GH. They were trying to think of a place where the ambient noise level was even louder than the PAD speakers so local residents can't complain.

On the upside the PAD guards be able to make more use of their arsenal of golf clubs. :o

Edited by Meerkat

Cabinet approves Bt1 billion to transform Don Muang airport as Government House

BANGKOK: -- The Cabinet Tuesday approved Bt1 billion for renovating Don Muang airport and transforming into temporary Government House.

PM's Office permanent secretary Julayuth Hiranyawasit said the budget would come from the central fund.

The money would be mostly spent for equipping the office building at the airport with office equipment so that Government House officials could work there.

He said the government has yet to decide when to transfer Government House officials to work at the airport.

-- The Nation 2008-09-16

Well it makes for better parking for the protesters

and a bigger back door to to escape through.

Edited by animatic

The money would be mostly spent for equipping the office building at the airport with office equipment

juicy contract that one - I wonder who got it ?

900 Million direct in the pocket of the corrupt politician.

100 Million to a company which owned by a son, daughter, driver or homemaid of a minister.

Don Muaeng to become temporary govt house

(BangkokPost.com) - The cabinet on Tuesday endorsed a budget of one billion baht to renovate Don Muaeng Airport and turn the site into a temporary government house, according to Prime Minister’s Office permanent secretary Jullayuth Hiranyawasit.

He said the time for the Government House personnel to work at Don Muaeng Airport has not been specified yet, and the government has not estimated the cost for repairing and renovating Government House, as the premise is still occupied by the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

Mr Jullayuth said the government is trying to negotiate with the PAD, so officials can use the documents left at the compound. Certain documents are required for compensating the police and military officers who died from the southern unrest, he said, adding that their families are facing difficulties because the government could not get access to those papers.

The permanent secretary said Government House personnel also wanted to retrieve their cars parked there, but the demonstrators stopped them from entering the venue.

How long will that "temporary" last? What do they mean by that? Will they abandon even a DMK soon? And if yes - what about that 1B of bugdet and all of that "office equipment"??

Clowns. Corrupted clowns. I wish to cancel paying my tax to... to all of THIS. :o

How long will that "temporary" last? What do they mean by that? Will they abandon even a DMK soon? And if yes - what about that 1B of bugdet and all of that "office equipment"??

Clowns. Corrupted clowns. I wish to cancel paying my tax to... to all of THIS. :o

We are doing that....There is a possibility to pay the tax later, we got that recommended. We pay 5 % now the rest later, complete legal.

Many companies are doing so to protest.

That's what stands out to me. Appears their plans for the "permanent" location has not been resolved with protests from area residents there still ongoing. What's it going to cost for that if they actually can get those issues resolved. Have a feeling this will be a very long temporary site.

Cabinet approve Bt8 million to build temporary seat for govt

By The Nation

The Cabinet on Tuesday allocated a Bt8 million budget to set up a tempoary seat of government at a vacant terminal of Don Muang Airport in lieu of Government House which is besieged by protesters.

The area previously served as VIP lounge would be converted into offices for the prime minister, deputy prime ministers and the Prime Minister's Secretariat, government deputy spokeman Natthawut Saikua said.

The airport office covering 3,1000 square meters would serve as working areas for political appointees and civil servants.

The Cabinet meeting room would be located on the first floor of the passenger terminal.

About half of the budget would be spent on leasing office equipment and 1.8 million earmarked for installing utilities and telecommunication system.

The temporary seat of government is expected to open for business as soon as possible although there is no deadline for the renovation work to complete.

Cabinet approve Bt8 million to build temporary seat for govt

By The Nation

The Cabinet on Tuesday allocated a Bt8 million budget to set up a tempoary seat of government at a vacant terminal of Don Muang Airport in lieu of Government House which is besieged by protesters.

The area previously served as VIP lounge would be converted into offices for the prime minister, deputy prime ministers and the Prime Minister's Secretariat, government deputy spokeman Natthawut Saikua said.

The airport office covering 3,1000 square meters would serve as working areas for political appointees and civil servants.

The Cabinet meeting room would be located on the first floor of the passenger terminal.

About half of the budget would be spent on leasing office equipment and 1.8 million earmarked for installing utilities and telecommunication system.

The temporary seat of government is expected to open for business as soon as possible although there is no deadline for the renovation work to complete.

I thought the temporary seat of government was here... and I thought it was already doing pretty brisk business...

"Thaksin is now staying at 55 Park Lane, London W1, which belongs to his close friend, Harrods owner Mohamed Al-Fayed."

Nation. Sept 23 2006.

Looks like they have now changed orignal story to 8 million. Can't find 1 billion story now.

Cabinet approves Bt8million to transform Don Muang airport as Government House

The Cabinet Tuesday approved Bt8 million for renovating Don Muang airport and transforming into temporary Government House.

The Nation

Looks like they have now changed orignal story to 8 million. Can't find 1 billion story now.

Cabinet approves Bt8million to transform Don Muang airport as Government House

That makes considerably more sense unless they were rebuilding all the runways. :o Perhaps the 1B was what the new permanent location will cost and they got the wrong archive information.

Apparantly they seem to feel that the protest will go on for a long time as they do not seek for a solution for the crisis just want to make sure those mass development

project's get started so they can fill their pockets just as their former boss did.

I had an incident a while ago with a few of those PPP mp's and they really only think of themselves.

They really do not care to develop Thailand and it's citizens towards a more democratic and modern place to be.

A lot of them really do classify as Psychopaths when you analyse their behaviour and actions.

Sad for Thailand and it's genuine and honest people, yes there are some.

Sorry for all my spelling and grammar mistakes, I am not a native speaker but try my best.

Just hope that one day things will change for the better here.

Alex

Apparantly they seem to feel that the protest will go on for a long time as they do not seek for a solution for the crisis just want to make sure those mass development

project's get started so they can fill their pockets just as their former boss did.

I had an incident a while ago with a few of those PPP mp's and they really only think of themselves.

They really do not care to develop Thailand and it's citizens towards a more democratic and modern place to be.

A lot of them really do classify as Psychopaths when you analyse their behaviour and actions.

Sad for Thailand and it's genuine and honest people, yes there are some.

Sorry for all my spelling and grammar mistakes, I am not a native speaker but try my best.

Just hope that one day things will change for the better here.

Alex

I have some first hand informations about the fire fighter trucks (Samak) and I can fully agree with what you write.