Thaksin's Brother In Law Voted As New Prime Minister

george

Somchai was married to Yaowapa, the younger sister of former prime minister Thaksin.

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

Is this just Nation-ese writing..."was married" or "is married"?

The highly desirable and voluptuous Yaowapa and the dashing Prime Minister Somchai are still married.

801-45.jpg

SRJ, if you were Somchai wouldn't you want a voluptuous and desirable wife just like The Whopper, especially with her big ass ets? :o

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The highly desirable and voluptuous Yaowapa and the dashing Prime Minister Somchai are still married.

She is a real cutie - isn't she?

Reminds of one of the pork butchers here on the local market - stunning resemblance - really!

Wonder if he entertains a "little wife" or are they counting money only ? :o

Somchai is very much a stop gap as PPP are very likely to be dissolved within a few months and then their 33 executives including Somchai will almost certainly be banned for 5 years.

It looks like Newin's group held out for 2 more Cabinet portfolios before agreeing to support Somchai, everyone wants The Ministry Of Communication.

Sonthi is going to be very busy as there's a wealth of material to be dug into regarding Yaowapa's very rapid increase in wealth during the Thaksin years, plenty of ammunition there, airport carparks are a good place to start.

The PAD shot themselves in the foot with the 30\70 formula but their proposals for more public participation in Parliament mirror many people's thoughts. They should retreat to Makkawan bridge, give themselves up to face charges and then continue the fight after getting bail.

But the government will do everything so they don't get bail. Maybe better PAD gives parliament a visit when it meet next time.

Edited by h90

The Shinawatra's are back in business :D:o

Bangkok, Bangkok (Ny,Ny)

Start spreading the Cash, I'm sending today

I want to own the lot of it - Bangkok, Bangkok

Somchai's lil man shoes, are walking to pay

Right to the very courts of it - Bangkok, Bangkok

I don't wanna wake up in a Prison, that doesn't sleep

As Public enemy one - in dung 3 feet deep

These Kensington blues, are paying my away

I'll send the check to the boys - in old Bangkok

If I can break them there, Ill stay rich everywhere

Lunch box to you - Bangkok, Bangkok

Bangkok, Bangkok

I don't wanna wake up in a cell two hundred deep

As Public enemy one - hated be all - with Newin I sleep.

These footballers blues, just gave a payday

More cash for the fight of it- in old Bangkok

Let Yaowapa's man start greasing the wheels

Lunch box to you - Bangkok, Bangkok

Its up to you - Bangkok, Bangkok

I'll own you soon Bangkok Bangkok

Bangkok

Somchai was married to Yaowapa, the younger sister of former prime minister Thaksin.

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

801-45.jpg

SRJ, if you were Somchai wouldn't you want a voluptuous and desirable wife just like The Whopper, especially with her big ass ets? :o

Cover the jowls and the hair....

looks just like older bro will look after he loses the pile,

and after 20 years of excessive drink.

Mia noi, you bet, got be SOME perks in the job.

I though we all deserve a chance to show our true colours

My brother in law and my self have totaly different ideas and you could say we re like chalk and cheese

The 1st thing we need to do is give him a chance to show his true side

If the government goes on a direct course to save Thaskin then we will see how he's feathered

Maybe just maybe he has his country at heart

Only time will tell

Maybe I am a dreamer

Very sensible post. Yes, everybody deserves a chance to show their true colours. (which I am pretty sure, we will see soon)

If he "goes on a direct course to save Thaskin", he will be more than feathered...he will most likely be tarred and feathered.

There is nothing wrong with dreaming... Someone once said "I have a dream" and today, we have a black man nominated by the Democratic Party of the US, to run for President of the United States.

You are dreaming along with some other great people, such as John Lennon, Martin Luther King, Donald Neal Walsh, so don't stop dreaming :o

Actually not!

At a population of 65 Million Thais, not everybody deserves a chance to show how corrupt he might be (or not) as premier. There is simply no time (and money) for it.

Where do you send contributions to P.A.D. ?

Well on Sunday it did not look like everyone is bored...There were more people than ever.

Think it's not the question - the PAD leaders are discussing with the students movement which moves they will make next!

Gen. Chamlong said...Source:

I think the PAD & students are discussing about the big question: "HOW MUCH".

Well, the peopleactually elected Samak, and Thaksin before that with a fairly large margin.

Problem is I don't think PPP was elected with a large margin. Only about 37% of the electorate voted for them. This is one of PAD's arguments.

and how much would it be without vote buying? 30 %? 25 %?

Like in sport, no body remenber who won the silver. Even if he/she missed it by just a split second.

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

801-45.jpg

Mia noi? no way.... she's far more glamorous than some tramp....

and with their combined genes....

they are making beautiful children....

196777_p19thumb03.jpg

who make wonderful new Members of Parliament

IF they think this is going to unify the country it will do the opposite. Samak was bad enough, but the brother in law of Thaksin? How infantile can this People's Power Party be? Are they this stupid or are they just thumbing their noses at the people? And shame on the coalition partners for voting for him. You know that Banharn and his lackeys had their pockets greased by Square Face for the vote. Absolutely shameless.

New and improved Thaksin Two!

asia-somchai.jpg

Skims and cleans family messes like no other but the original,

with exclusive wire-transferless remote control.

New Thaksin Two! Let it run your life!

Brilliant Animatic!

If you are not already in advertising you really ought to be!!!

Cheers,

:o

Well, the peopleactually elected Samak, and Thaksin before that with a fairly large margin.

Problem is I don't think PPP was elected with a large margin. Only about 37% of the electorate voted for them. This is one of PAD's arguments.

40%? 45%? (or did Chart Thai not buy votes?)

DAAD berate Democrat leader and PAD

The Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship (DAAD), which was present in front of the Parliament building today to show support for Mr. Somchai Wongsawat ahead of the vote for the new Prime Minister, broke into verbal assault against Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjijiva.

The approximately 600 strong crowd criticized Mr. Abhisit for attempting to establish a new national administration. They also directed their criticisms towards the People's Alliance for Democracy which remains stationed at the Government House. The DAAD said that the PAD rally at the Government House is undemocratic as the site is a government structure.

Police are closely monitoring the situation at the parliament and are detering the atmosphere from escalating into violence.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 17 September 2008

Perhaps someone from the PPP might explain to the DAAD, that this is what happens in a democracy, you get a couple of candidates and then have a vote to decide. But perhaps the PPP are unfamiliar with, or unsupportive of, the concept ? Or just don't see the point of allowing it to continue.

At least Abhisit did stand, so much for any posters who complain, that he isn't taking an active role in the current situation.

And while one might assume that Thaksin's brother-in-law will have a certain bias, it remains to be seen, in his decisions on things like the matter of a certain criminal retaining a diplomatic passport, or white-washing current court cases & investigations. There remains a need for someone like the PAD to draw attention to these things, in a peaceful & democratic way, if it can be achieved.

Good Luck to Thailands' new PM, he has a challenging job, hope that it all remains peaceful !

My brother in law and my self have totaly different ideas and you could say we re like chalk and cheese

If the government goes on a direct course to save Thaskin then we will see how he's feathered

Only time will tell

Maybe I am a dreamer

I hope you're trollin'.

This guy is the brother of a convicted criminal on the run and the brother in law of a man fleeing charges of treason. In any other civilized country this guy would have been barred due to conflict of interest. It's not like he's been elected to become the interior minister or anything, he's now the PM with influence to unlawfully exonerate his criminal relatives.

Putting this guy as PM is just the PPP giving a big 'f­*** you' to the anti-thaksin camp.

spot on, dey just dont get it

I think this guy made the same comment last week when I answered it. I can't wait for the same comment next week. I am sure he won't disappoint.

The bottom line is that the popular vote was split down the middle (14 million PPP and 14 million Democrats, with the Demo's getting a slight edge in popular vote).

Also, just like we saw today, a PM is not elected by the people to be PM. He is an elected MP who is selected by the ruling coalition.

Only time will tell

Maybe I am a dreamer

I hope you're trollin'.

This guy is the brother of a convicted criminal on the run and the brother in law of a man fleeing charges of treason. In any other civilized country this guy would have been barred due to conflict of interest. It's not like he's been elected to become the interior minister or anything, he's now the PM with influence to unlawfully exonerate his criminal relatives.

Putting this guy as PM is just the PPP giving a big 'f­*** you' to the anti-thaksin camp.

spot on, dey just dont get it

That's why during the old days in China, when they execute a criminal, they execte the whole family and all relatives. I don't know if they still do it now. So much for human right.

What kind of democracy do you all want if not the majority vote. I understand this is a very thin model of democracy, but it is the model that most western countries have too.

As an Australian, I won't comment on the International crimes perpetrated by the governments of some nations, but will outline those perpetrated by my country.

Let me begin by stating that I don't like the recent and current Thai regimes either.

However, in spite of what I believe is rampant corruption, has Thailand illegally invaded any countries lately like Australia has? And is Thailand currently continuing to kill or support the killing of foreign civilians in this illegal invasion like Australia is?

Sure the recent Thai regimes are, in my opinion, thieves. But how many people have they killed in comparison to Australian government forces in the last 5-years? Remember Siv X...what about the Australian concentration camps on Christmas Island and in the outback?

The illegal Thai coup of 2006 was more abhorant to me than Thaksin because it illegally overuled the majority wishes - when I speak to Thai's from the Nth, they continue to believe Thaskin is worth voting for...

I don't understand the media coverage being given to the PAD...It is noted above that the Thai voters legitimised over 300 lower house seats out of a few over 400. This election was fairly recent.

How representative is the PAD...I'm not interested in how you feel about their intentions, how many Thai's does the PAD actually represent?

In Australia recently, we had a far right government. While I would never vote for this type of political party, I accepted them as my government because the majority of my countrymen wanted them...

If I want my vote and therefore my right to self determine within the current political system to be respected when I am in the majority, to ensure my right to such an outcome, I have an inseparable responsibility to respect others having the same right to have their vote respected and accepted as valid, regardless of anything else.

At the present moment, the majority of the Thai voting public want the current regime. As I understand it, a coup is illegal in Thailand - if we want Thailand to have a different type of regime, surely the best way to go about it is through free and fair elections. Yes, I know, the majority of Thai's will just vote for the same party again!

But it is their country, and the system of democracy they have is majority rule. What do you suggest happens to the wishes of the majority?

I believe the western medial in Thailand is unfairly purporting the PAD to be more representative than the PAD actually is and if that is the case, the western media in Thailand is undermining the democratic process and the democratic rights of the voters who voted in the majority at the last elections.

I look forward to being corrected where my opinion is incorrect or misinformed and where it is sound and defensible.

Phew!!!

etr

What kind of democracy do you all want if not the majority vote. I understand this is a very thin model of democracy, but it is the model that most western countries have too.

What people want is a democracy that does not tolerate electoral fraud or corruption among public officials. Would the Australian public tolerate a government that had been convicted of electoral fraud? *I don't think so*. The public wouldn't have just occupied government house they would have smashed the shit out of it.

In Australia recently, we had a far right government. While I would never vote for this type of political party, I accepted them as my government because the majority of my countrymen wanted them...

It wasn't really far right, or at least Oz has a better system of governance to contain politicians. There's only so much dodgy behaviour they can get away with and if they're caught they will usually be sacked by the own party and then thrown out by the electorate at the earliest opportunity.

And if ??? :D If somebody put hat Thugs Sonthi and leader Cohorts in jail for live

(Where they belong). Problems solved :o

Oh well its no more velvet curtain on the PPP side. It is now out in the open and official. Thaksin is really running the show :D

The fun begins

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

Mia noi? no way.... she's far more glamorous than some tramp....

and with their combined genes....

they are making beautiful children....

who make wonderful new Members of Parliament

You and your friends are freaking sick dogs. You're always the first going after the wife and kids of your opponents. What kind of man are you? That what you learned in Philippine when you were sucking the toes of Imelda?

Edited by Pierrot

I don't think that many are questioning the voting system here. It always seems to be brought up after incorrect statements such as: "The people voted for Samak", or "PPP won the election with a huge majority". Even "democratically elected government" is on the brink of falsehood, depending on the outcome of the vote buying case.

The press is very much guilty of this and seemingly deliberately want to portray a completely different image of what is happening to it's readers.

I'm really tired of this vote buying shit :D . Happens I worked in Bangkok (not as a teacher for lousy salary and hate for Thaksin) :D . Live in the country side. Every body takes what he get's. From PPP, Democrats, Sonthi whoever ( the real money is with the so called middle class). Then they go to the ballot box :D and elect who cares for them. (for what ever reason).

I and they wouldn't care who is on top. Stop that thugs (Sonthi, Chamlong and cohorts) and get the economy back on track :o .

Like in sport, no body remenber who won the silver. Even if he/she missed it by just a split second.

King Rat talking to the Weasel

"Thanks Banharn, your new Mercedes is waiting for you at home"

Courtesy of big brother-in-law.

Of course it could be the timing of this particular photo frame, but it does seem that Somchai's WAI is a lot higher than Banharn's WAI....