Thaksin's Brother In Law Voted As New Prime Minister

george

Great Post.

I only want to add. Not the PAD maybe as a whole :P . But Sonhti is a bankrupt corrupt thug which has only his only revenge and interest at heart. He gives a shit for this country :D (as a lot of this Chinese do :D ) Chamlong the same :D . Brothers in crime just met :D . True colours they have shown it. If they were NAZI (same style watch that disgusting ASTV :( ) they could wear brown :o .

I though we all deserve a chance to show our true colours

My brother in law and my self have totaly different ideas and you could say we re like chalk and cheese

The 1st thing we need to do is give him a chance to show his true side

If the government goes on a direct course to save Thaskin then we will see how he's feathered

Maybe just maybe he has his country at heart

Only time will tell

Maybe I am a dreamer

Very sensible post. Yes, everybody deserves a chance to show their true colours. (which I am pretty sure, we will see soon)

If he "goes on a direct course to save Thaskin", he will be more than feathered...he will most likely be tarred and feathered.

There is nothing wrong with dreaming... Someone once said "I have a dream" and today, we have a black man nominated by the Democratic Party of the US, to run for President of the United States.

You are dreaming along with some other great people, such as John Lennon, Martin Luther King, Donald Neal Walsh, so don't stop dreaming :D

Actually not!

At a population of 65 Million Thais, not everybody deserves a chance to show how corrupt he might be (or not) as premier. There is simply no time (and money) for it.

Where do you send contributions to P.A.D. ?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I though we all deserve a chance to show our true colours

My brother in law and my self have totaly different ideas and you could say we re like chalk and cheese

The 1st thing we need to do is give him a chance to show his true side

If the government goes on a direct course to save Thaskin then we will see how he's feathered

Maybe just maybe he has his country at heart

Only time will tell

Maybe I am a dreamer

Very sensible post. Yes, everybody deserves a chance to show their true colours. (which I am pretty sure, we will see soon)

If he "goes on a direct course to save Thaskin", he will be more than feathered...he will most likely be tarred and feathered.

There is nothing wrong with dreaming... Someone once said "I have a dream" and today, we have a black man nominated by the Democratic Party of the US, to run for President of the United States.

You are dreaming along with some other great people, such as John Lennon, Martin Luther King, Donald Neal Walsh, so don't stop dreaming :o

Actually not!

At a population of 65 Million Thais, not everybody deserves a chance to show how corrupt he might be (or not) as premier. There is simply no time (and money) for it.

I frequently give a donation in the box there, as many demonstrators do.

Well, the peopleactually elected Samak, and Thaksin before that with a fairly large margin.

Problem is I don't think PPP was elected with a large margin. Only about 37% of the electorate voted for them. This is one of PAD's arguments.

and how much would it be without vote buying? 30 %? 25 %?

40%? 45%? (or did Chart Thai not buy votes?)

well Chart Thai bought also, but made promotion that they don't support Thaksin and PPP. Impossible to say how that would cancel itself out or not....

Somchai Wongsawat is the 26th Thai prime minister

BANGKOK: -- Somchai Wongsawat, brother in law of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, became the 26th Thai prime minister after winning voting in the parliament on Wednesday.

Somchai, deputy leader of People Power Party, won 298 to 163 over Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva. Five abstained.

House Speaker Chai Chidchob announced Somchai's victory after about an hour of voting.

PPP MPs voted for Somchai on Wednesday after difference over the nomination inside the party can be settled on Tuesday. A faction in the PPP on Monday vowed not to vote for Somchai.

Somchai was married to Yaowapa, the younger sister of former prime minister Thaksin.

Yaowapa was a member of the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai Party and lost her voting right when the party was dissolved. His daughter Chinnicha is the youngest female MP in the current House of Representatives.

Political observers said Somchai's strength lies in his soft and gentle character, which is why he would be the perfect person to negotiate an end to political tensions with the anti-government group, People's Alliance for Democracy.

Somchai was justice permanent secretary from 1999 to 2006, and then became permanent secretary for the Labour Ministry.

In 2003, when Somchai was permanent secretary of justice, he made headlines for conflicting with then-justice minister Purachai Piumsombun over the ministry's budget.

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

Was married? Does that make him the ex-brother-in-law?

I frequently give a donation in the box there, as many demonstrators do.

It is good to see foreigners financially contributing to Thai protest movements against the elected government. In fact just like back home, we would just love to see foreigners contributing to political parties or protests, would make us respect them as their superior intellect could help us see the error of our ways.

Even better join the protest, let the Thais see the disdain you hold for their political system, which for all its faults is faring better than many of its neighbors. Start the chant "We want an appointed government", "Stop stupid Thais from voting for the wrong party".

Somchai Wongsawat is the 26th Thai prime minister

BANGKOK: -- Somchai Wongsawat, brother in law of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, became the 26th Thai prime minister after winning voting in the parliament on Wednesday.

Somchai, deputy leader of People Power Party, won 298 to 163 over Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva. Five abstained.

House Speaker Chai Chidchob announced Somchai's victory after about an hour of voting.

PPP MPs voted for Somchai on Wednesday after difference over the nomination inside the party can be settled on Tuesday. A faction in the PPP on Monday vowed not to vote for Somchai.

Somchai was married to Yaowapa, the younger sister of former prime minister Thaksin.

Yaowapa was a member of the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai Party and lost her voting right when the party was dissolved. His daughter Chinnicha is the youngest female MP in the current House of Representatives.

You bet it does

Political observers said Somchai's strength lies in his soft and gentle character, which is why he would be the perfect person to negotiate an end to political tensions with the anti-government group, People's Alliance for Democracy.

Somchai was justice permanent secretary from 1999 to 2006, and then became permanent secretary for the Labour Ministry.

In 2003, when Somchai was permanent secretary of justice, he made headlines for conflicting with then-justice minister Purachai Piumsombun over the ministry's budget.

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

Was married? Does that make him the ex-brother-in-law?

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

Is this just Nation-ese writing..."was married" or "is married"?

The highly desirable and voluptuous Yaowapa and the dashing Prime Minister Somchai are still married.

801-45.jpg

wow, the new PM looks like he has been p' whipped all his married life.

and looks like she has been eating food from his plate, too

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

Is this just Nation-ese writing..."was married" or "is married"?

The highly desirable and voluptuous Yaowapa and the dashing Prime Minister Somchai are still married.

801-45.jpg

wow, the new PM looks like he has been p' whipped all his married life.

and looks like she has been eating food from his plate, too

She has the potential to become Rubenesque, a much more flattering term I feel.

:o Am I losing my country to the crooks? What can I do? :D:D:D:D:(:D .

Fight, join the demonstrations! Even if you don't like one or the other from PAD. The most important thing is to get rid of that crooks first!

Kill them all, God will recognize his owns! It reminds me a nice page of French history.

<h1 class="western">http://' target="_blank"> Britain is as corrupt as worst African states. <h1 class="western" style="font-style: normal;">The global economy had been reconfigured to match the interests of a class of super-rich who held their wealth in offshore tax havens such as Jersey, Monaco, Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. They live more or less where they choose, and their main preoccupation lies with staying rich, detached from the concept and practice of citizenship.</h1><h1 class="western" style="font-style: normal;">The Labour Party also sold peerages in return for loans to the party.</h1> The Serious Fraud Office’s decision to drop its corruption investigation into the BAE Systems arms deal with Saudi Arabia.

<h1 class="western" style="font-style: normal;">Corrupt local town-hall bosses in Britain pay themselves bigger salaries than the Prime Minister.</h1> <h1 class="western" style="font-style: normal;">Birmingham council illegally sent children into care in Jersey.</h1> <h1 class="western" style="font-style: normal;">British Gas increases prices on household bills by 35% forcing thousands of people into poverty - when its profits are up by 500%</h1> Do you want me to go on..... :o

</h1>

Its interesting how these PAD sheep on this forum have no intelligent contributions on the new PM except to comment on his wife. Yes it does show your intellect Children. Like little 6 year olds ranting here, maybe your wife back at home is no better. It would be nice to see some comments and discussion on the man the new PM. I guess you all have nothing negative on him so you have to target the looks of his wife. It really show how you farang PAD Sheep obviously have no idea about the real issues or are just are a bunch of sheep with too much time on your hands. I pity you little children.

What is so wrong with Thaksin? How much do you know about Thai politics? Are you guys just assume all government in the world are bad?

Some people they don't know jack about something, they just nag and nag like the world owe them something.

Don't you see sky trains, underground trains, new airport, drug usage reduced, lots of scholarships, OTOP etc...

The coup overturened an interim government formed by a party guilty of the most blatant political fraud I can think of at the moment.

Three of the current government parties are also hanging by a thread and just a couple of months away from being dissolved for vote buying.

What kind of democratic "mandate" is that?

>>>>

I haven't followed Austalian elections, but I'm sure there's a much tougher screening of candidates there, so that the winners are still acceptable to the losing side.

I mean, can you imagine Republican presidential candidate in the US, whoever it is, being a convict with a two year jail sentence on his last appeal, like Samak was? Democrats there might not like the Republican party, but Republicans themselves would never stoop so low and completely ignore sensitivities of the "other" side.