E Commerce Licence

ruds

I am looking for any information about obtaining an e commerce licence in Thailand. The business will be mainly online so I think it is needed but have no idea where to get one

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Ruds

Theoretically an e-business is only online, unless you are buying physical stock for resale, in which case you would need to register the business in the normal way for a farang, or in the thai way if you use your partner's name. If you are providing an on-line service, it's nobody's business but your own where you sit and work at your computer. Getting a merchant account in Thailand is not so easy for a farang but UniversalX got mine for me and they were very helpful. You need to take a close look and shop a round for a merchant account and a payment gateway - the cost varies considerably.Of course you could alway try to sign up for a PayPal account if payPal is not currently blocking Thai IPs again.

To get the actual licence, if another poster does not come up with a solution, a registered accountant will tell you this for free. You will need an accountant anyway if you are a farang with a Ltd.Co. here.