Words That You Really Hate?

Cuban

The article suggests that the word 'pampering' is annoying, and I can see that, the word is pink and reminds me of talcum powder in lacey boxes :o but that's just my take on it.

It goes on to say that 'Phenomenon' is the most mispronounced word, and if that is reason to hate - so be it. But in my book it is just a remote smiley word, in a lipless muppet sort of way.

But personally I hate - with all the might I can muster - the word 'morsel'.

A terrible word because as it stands quietly to one side without association simply with two easy syllables, but once it escapes the mouth of the one that utters it - the visual associations are brought into focus by one's mind's eye, and face it, they are not pleasant.

An on-line dictionary offers as a definition:

1. A small piece of food.
  2. A tasty delicacy; a tidbit.
  3. A small amount; a piece: a morsel of gossip.
  4. One that is delightful and extremely pleasing.

I'm not too keen on 'tidbit' as I write these words, but words are replaced by images and returning to my morsel rant I see rounded lumps of mystery meat that lurk within a shudder of jelly slurped from a dog food tin onto an innocent waiting plate. They look so non-food like I wouldn't feed them to my dog. I wouldn't feed them to a dog of a person I didn't like - even if I didn't like their dog.

But the lasting image, the one that persists, is of the aerated lumps (note: meat shouldn't float in water) remarkably similar is size, shape and color to the morsels mentioned above of wannabe meatballs found on pizza of the meat-feast variety sold by anyone you care to call for free delivery aound the planet. [....gasps for breath!]

hate! hate! hate!

(If someone would like to talk about nice words - feel free - but getting the bad words out of your system is better for your soul.)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the word "bloviate."

bloviate

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This

blo·vi·ate (blō'vē-āt') Pronunciation Key

intr.v. blo·vi·at·ed, blo·vi·at·ing, blo·vi·ates Slang

To discourse at length in a pompous or boastful manner: "the rural Babbitt who bloviates about 'progress' and 'growth'" (George Rebeck).

I dislike the use of the word 'unprecedented' in every other news story. I'm not sure why.

I also dislike the word ‘chill’, or the phrase ‘to chill’, as in ‘to relax’. When I ask someone what they did at the weekend and I get the reply ‘I just chilled’ it gives me an image of them in a darkened room with a cold sweat suffering from a drug withdrawal or some such.

I hate hearing all the CURSING WORDS!!!!!!!!------at absolute detest :D:D:D

Throw me any “cursing words”, you will be out the door faster than you came in!! :o

Ps: My mom would either slap me hard or wash my mouth w/ Breeze for sure, if she hears me saying any of them

Just me

Just to add a bit to my post above……about the CURSING WORD!!!

I tend to think that such a person can’t be a nice person or someone I’d like to get along with.

It makes me want to slap HIM/her silly and bonk bonk HIS/her head with a big rotten tomato!!..............sooo trashy and vulgar :o:D:D

HATE, is the most aggressive of words, which I dislike intensely.

HATE is the biggest problem in society today, anyday, when ever used to describe something, someone, anybody has an extreme dislike for.

HATE has caused so many deaths in the world today, so much unhappiness, people who HATE are to blame for most all the ills that cause friction between countries, ethecities and of course the biggest hatred comes from religious groups.

My other word of extreme dislike is the useless word. "GOT".

There is use for it whatsoever.

Why say, "I have got......something.".... I have something, suffices.

Whys say, "This has got to be done.".... This has to be done, ditto.

......and so on.

No need for it, it sounds terrible, and is NOT needed anywhere.

Edit for spelling

Edited by Zpete

I hate the word "period".

EDIT: forgot to stamp

¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º° ¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸RakJungTorlae¸„ø¤º°¨

¸„ø¤º°.¨Is Awesome...`°º¤ø„¸

¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

Edited by RakJungTorlae

I tend to think that such a person can't be a nice person or someone I'd like to get along with.

It makes me want to slap HIM/her silly and bonk bonk HIS/her head with a big rotten tomato!!..............sooo trashy and vulgar :o:D:D

Ive noticed women in particular hate the c--- word,.i had a friend that every other word was f this and f that, he was known as f'in john,.weird..ps, you sound f---ing violent to me ! ( only joking ) Edited by imaneggspurt

I hate hearing all the CURSING WORDS!!!!!!!!------at absolute detest :D:D:D

Throw me any "cursing words", you will be out the door faster than you came in!! :o

Ps: My mom would either slap me hard or wash my mouth w/ Breeze for sure, if she hears me saying any of them

Just me

I think thai visa needs one of these ! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZK_w1bUpYA Edited by imaneggspurt

I tend to think that such a person can't be a nice person or someone I'd like to get along with.

Ive noticed women in particular hate the c--- word,.i had a friend that every other word was f this and f that, he was known as f'in john,.weird..ps, you sound f---ing violent to me ! ( only joking )

Oh I’m actually a very demure sweeeeeeeeeet girl, until someone ticks me off - then it’s war….BABY!!!!! :D

I'm sure you don't want to cross path with me!!!-----just joking hehe :D

Edited by teacup

I have to agree with Zpete here,

"HATE, is the most aggressive of words, which I dislike intensely."

It doesn't leave much room for how you feel about something really worth hating, and it has some dark connotations.

It's a pretty c___y word to use for how you feel about a word.