Words That You Really Hate?

Cuban

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My current pet-hate is the word 'absolutely' when used as a substitute for 'yes'.#

I also loathe meaningless filler/tag words like 'like' and 'innit'.

I absolutely agree,its meaningless innit ! :D

Like... yeah! :o

(actually the above use of absolutely is okay with agree, it's using it in isolation that grates.)

I dislike the use of the word 'unprecedented' in every other news story. I'm not sure why.
Dislike is not as strong as hate, but I understand, I look to the news media with disdain when they use the phrase "Quantum Leap" to mean major advance when the meaning of quantum is smallest amount of a physical quantity that can exist independently. When correcting someone's misuse of the phrase they look at me as if I had the wrong end of a penguin sticking out of me arm.
...don't like the word 'moist' or 'moisten'. Makes me think of slugs and snails.
Moist is OK for me, nothing bad coming up there - it's all fresh bread and sponges for sticking postage stamps. But 'moisten' is a little too close to 'morsel', it has links to step by step instructions for filling in postal return forms, lick here..... Edited by Cuban

I dislike the use of the word 'unprecedented' in every other news story. I'm not sure why.
Dislike is not as strong as hate, but I understand, I look to the news media with disdain when they use the phrase "Quantum Leap" to mean major advance when the meaning of quantum is smallest amount of a physical quantity that can exist independently. When correcting someone's misuse of the phrase they look at me as if I had the wrong end of a penguin sticking out of me arm.
...don't like the word 'moist' or 'moisten'. Makes me think of slugs and snails.
Moist is OK for me, nothing bad coming up there - it's all fresh bread and sponges for sticking postage stamps. But 'moisten' is a little too close to 'morsel', it has links to step by step instructions for filling in postal return forms, lick here.....

MOIST is great (as in warm and moist) - it has clear sexual connections.

"Provoking" – it feels like im being provoked.

New word I hate today….. "CHUM" something my dog must of ate before she "BAFFED"

stamp!!

¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º° ¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸RakJungTorlae¸„ø¤º°¨

¸„ø¤º°.¨Is TORLAE...`°º¤ø„¸

¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

Edited by RakJungTorlae

To me that is "Floccinaucinihilipilification" but you to me witch is not :o

¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º° ¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸RakJungTorlae¸„ø¤º°¨

¸„ø¤º°.¨Is TORLAE...`°º¤ø„¸

¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

Edited by RakJungTorlae

Yes...no doubt about it , the word that gets up my nose most at the moment is ' awesome '....the teenages favourite. Its predecessor ' wicked ' was bad enough. Then we have LOL which is also flogged to death on You Tube, usually in the wrong context:

" My mother just died. Lol, I was upset . " ?? Finally. OMG ranks up there next to Lol. Not exactly words but irritating as hel_l. :o

Yes...no doubt about it , the word that gets up my nose most at the moment is ' awesome '....the teenages favourite. Its predecessor ' wicked ' was bad enough.

Hmm I don't use the word awesome, but sometimes I say wicked... does that mean I'm not cool? :o

wicked is sick!! ..

Who the hel_l uses the word Lawl… :D The Germans are coming!!!!!!

Who the hel_l uses the word Lawl… :D The Germans are coming!!!!!!

More like the thai is comming-----

moi-MEMEMEMEME used the word "LAWL"...LAWL------LAWL------LAWL-------LAWL----------tummaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii---------any problem, little ghost? :o

Well if U don't like it, don't read it then - the word here is to...........SKIP IT----------yo yo :D

Seems like I'm just waking up next to a ................THUG - this is the new word I hate today!!!!!