Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

Hi, as of today, Saturday the 20th September we will introduce the "Carolina pulled Chicken Burger" (BBQ'd over charcoal) to our menu at Chefsxp and at the Bistro of course. Check it out, great BBQ flavor and lots of Chicken in a Burger bun served with French Fries and our well loved coleslaw.

Our "BBQ Chicken and Chorizo Burrito's" have proven a great success and are of course also available,

Also available through Chefsxp is our house wine (red) which is extremely popular thanks to its full body and fruity flavor without being sweet - 200ml only B 120.00

John

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John,

It's all gone very quiet here! I see that on the Western Food Forum main page it says that the Bistro Eurogourmet thread is available via ChefsXP News, but I can't find anywhere on there that lets users post comments. Am I doing something wrong? I've been missing the lively discussions since the last thread closed.

I just wanted to say that we enjoyed our goulash (my wife) and burrito (me) on Saturday. I know it's probably not authentic Mexican, but I always think that the unpolished red rice has a much nicer, nuttier flavour and would go quite well in the burrito?

I just wanted to say that we enjoyed our goulash (my wife) and burrito (me) on Saturday. I know it's probably not authentic Mexican, but I always think that the unpolished red rice has a much nicer, nuttier flavour and would go quite well in the burrito?

Hi Colin,

thanks for stopping by Saturday. Glad you and your wife enjoyed the food. Our Goulash is a classic good seller and the Burrito has also proven quite a hot item, selling well at chefsxp and in the Bistro.

Tomorrow I shall make the Cheese cake - got all the ingredients - should be on-line by Thursday this week and also available at the Bistro of course,

John

Is your cheescake the sharp sour heavy type or the mild and sweet type? :o

Hi, its called "kaesesahne" in German its mild but not extremely sweet and relatively light - I use "Quark" (a type of smooth cottage cheese, Philadelfia and whipped cream and short bread as a base.

John

p.s. will be available from Friday on - am still sorting out the packaging for chefsxp and next week I will start producing "mince pies" - the usual samples for the up-coming Xmas season but I will make more and include them in our menu as well - the mince-meat has been developing in lots of rum for some weeks now -

Edited by JohnBKKK

Oh John, where do you buy quark in Bkk? It is a great base for so many cheesy dishes, especially if you want to lower the kilojoule count.

Hi, glad to see you are still here :o try Foodland or Villa for the Quark - we buy it wholesale in sealed 1KG vats - if you want to buy large volume pm me and I give you the contact for the company we buy it from - you will have to pick up your shipment from the airport though

Now, the German style unbaked cheese-cake came out wonderfull but there is now way I would send this with chefsxp - I would probably be lynched here since it is very delicate and would arrive as a crumble.

So I have just baked another lot which is cooling in the oven for a nother 1 hour and than needs another 2 hours to cool further befor i can cut it and take a pix - its made with raisons and mango pieces and should be very nice - not going to be too cheap though considering the cost of the raw materials but surely worth it, ,

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

OK, here it is - my baked cheese cake wih raisons - its juicy it melts on your tounge and the flavor is fantastic

To make the cake I used Philadelfia cream cheese - quark - whipping cream - eggs (egg whites seperately whisked stiff and folded in) there is no base as such so you are getting 100% cheese cake - its going to be B 160.00 a slice at the Bistro and since this version travels well it will also be available through chefsxp

post-30681-1222428665_thumb.png

John

p.s. it was still warm when I had to taste it :o

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi all,

the winter month's are nearing and with it some cooler weather and subsequently healthier appetites for a big Breakfast - so I have decided its a good time to add a new one to our all day Breakfast menu:

The large American

a 3 (free range) Egg & Cheese (real Gouda) Omelette + 4 rashes of crispy American style Bacon + 2 Breakfast sausages + 1 large American Pancake with Maple Syrup and Butter + 3 slices of toasted baguette on the side + Butter + coffee or tea - all for only B 195.00 at the Bistro

This will also be available as of Tuesday 30th Sptember through chefsxp for your convinience

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Just made the dough for the American Pan Cakes and am adding a pixture of one with our own American dry cured and smoked Bacon- and all the rest

post-30681-1222682831_thumb.png

:o Pancakes are about 1cm thick as they should be, moist and delicious

we do not add sugar so the color is lighter than usual - if you want it sweet

simply add the maple sirup :D

a 3 (free range) Egg & Cheese (real Gouda) Omelette + 4 rashes of crispy American style Bacon + 2 Breakfast sausages + 1 large American Pancake with Maple Syrup and Butter + 3 slices of toasted baguette on the side + Butter + coffee or tea - all for only B 195.00 at the Bistro

Also abailable via CHEFSXP as of September 30th in our all day Breakfast menu

Edited by JohnBKKK

The Reuben is a good sandwich. but after delivery its 320 THB and to be honest its too big for 1. (Landmark Hotel Reuben price)

I suggest half the price half the portion size and ditch the worthless bit of coleslaw.

200 THB including delivery is a better deal for a lunch time sandwich to the office or home - might increase the takers. Or offer a "HALF"Reuben on the menu,

Edited by dekka007

The Reuben is a good sandwich. but after delivery its 320 THB and to be honest its too big for 1. (Landmark Hotel Reuben price)

I suggest half the price half the portion size and ditch the worthless bit of coleslaw.

200 THB including delivery is a better deal for a lunch time sandwich to the office or home - might increase the takers. Or offer a "HALF"Reuben on the menu,

Hi Dekka,

thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed it. As to the large size/price .. I think a half Reuben is a good idea and will have a talk with chefsxp about adding the option to the menu, At the fuill size I have to charge the current price since there is a lot of corned Beef etc .. its a lot bigger than the Landmarks too, however, I could not finish a whole one myself .. but than again, we have a number of customers who really get into them - the Reuben is a big seller now.

Ditching the coleslaw ??? that would upset quite a few customers here :o

Thanks again,

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi,

just a quick one, as of tomorrow, Wednesday the 1st of October we will offer Scotch-Eggs at the Bistro - 1 large Scotch Egg with coleslaw Baht 85.00

post-30681-1222790544_thumb.jpg

a tasty snack to go with a cold one or for the little hunger - also great as a starter - cut into wedges with some mustard/majonaise and the coleslaw - we do them a lot for catering events and they are always quite a success - Thai's like them too - we use our Cumberland sausage meat, a free range egg and fresh crumbs

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi,

as of this Saturday we will be offering an all new concept at the Eurogourmet Bistro and Chefsxp :

Gourmet Lunch / Dinner Boxes

A box will contain:

A bowl of either Potato or Pasta salad 220G- customer can choose + 3 different small open sandwiches on our home baked Rye bread or Baguette depending on kind of cover-examples:

1) potato or pasta salad - corned Beef Sandwich with Sauerkraut + a Liverwurst Sandwich with Onions + an Emmental Cheese Sandwich with a pickle

2) potato or pasta salad- 1 Scotch Egg + 1 cheese sandwich + 1 insalata di carne sandwich

3) potato or pasta salad - a insalata di carne sandwich + a cheese sandwich (Emmental) + a smoked salmon sandwich

4) The Hot Box 1 - potato or pasta salad + 2 German Bratwurst

5) The Hot Box 2- potato or pasta salad + 1 British Cumberland Sausage + 1 German Bratwurst

6) The Hot Box 3- potato or pasta salad + 1 Kaesekrainer (Austrian) Sausage + 1 Kielbasa Sausage

7) The Hot Box 4- potato or pasta salad + 2 American Pancakes + 6 rashers of our dry cured, smoked Bacon + Maple Syrup

8) The Hot Party Box 4x potato or pasta salad or a mix there of + 4 x German Bratwurst + 4x Kielbasa Sausage + 6 x Empanadas with Beef + 3x BBQ Ribbs

9) The cold Party Box 4x potato or pasta salad or a mix there of + 8 Scotch-Eggs + 8 x corned Beef Sandwich with Sauerkraut + 8x Emmental Cheese Sandwich with a pickle

The following come without the potato or pasta salad:

10) The middle Eastern Box - a good portion of Hummus + a good portion of Baba Ghanoush + pitta bread

11) The Mexican Box - 1/2 a Burrito with Chicken and Chorizo + 1 Empanada Beef + Salsa

Prices will range between 150.00 baht to 250.00 Baht for the single ones for the party boxes I have to work out the best price

any input as to choices will be apprechiated - I'm trying to get our menu complete before they go into print,

John

post-30681-1222919142_thumb.jpg post-30681-1222919211.gifpost-30681-1222919996_thumb.png

Edited by JohnBKKK

John,

Just ordered your sausage platter online. Can't wait! I've had your kielbasa before and it was great-- I haven't had kielbasa in six years, since I moved to Asia. The sauerkraut was also very nice-- I'm a sauerkraut nut. I'm tempted to try your steak and ale pie as well. How is it? Is it a large or small pie?

One small suggestion, though, is to list the types of sausages that come with the platter on the mouseover. I'll figure it out when it comes, but might be useful for other orderers. If the sausages are interchangeable, ChefsXP allows you to create a dropdown menu for choices. That may also prove to be useful to you, as in the old Bistro thread there was discussion over types of mustard, ordering an additional sausage piece etc. Then you could avoid the hassle of requests/complaints if the orderer could choose Dijon vs. French's, one sausage vs. two, etc.

Cheers

Hi Genghis,

thank you very much for your order. As far as the Sausage Platter is concerned, we do change the combination from time to time but there are always sausages from 4 different European countries - you will almost always get a "Kaesekrainer" from Austria, an English Cumberland and a German Bratwurst as to the fourth one I have no idea - we have customers who actually enjoy the small "surprise" of what the fourth sausage is ... my feeling is its a Polish Krakauer though :D

As to the mustard, that is not that easy, since there is a huge price difference between Dijon and French's - for example, the Reuben has approx. 40 Baht worth of imported Dijon Musterd on it which is about 17% of our price, just for the Mustard !

Our Lunch/Dinner Boxes will make it a lot easier though for anyone who wants to order lets say 2 sausages but does not want 2x potato salad - the box will contain 2 sausages and 220G of either Potato or Pasta salad ..

I will talk to the chefsxp chap tomorrow when he comes by for his early afternoon breakfast at the Bistro as to how flexible their software is in alowing choices and adjust prices automatically .. would love to see just "Sausages: and a drop down menu where you select the types - how many- what side-order - what mustard etc etc... "

I think though, if we try and put all possible choices in they'll have to hire another programmer :o since it will get very complex,

enjoy your sausage platter

John

p.s. forgot, our Steak & Ale Pie - hmmmm for some its a wee starter for some its a full meal ... it weighs some 300G - with FF I find it a good lunch without fealing bloated after eating it

Edited by JohnBKKK

Oh man I'm eating it right now-- fantastic. The Kaesekrainer is just amazing. Also sharing the cheesburger... very nice, great value. Thanks.

You are welcome :o and thank you for using our service

Have decided that its time again to do a special with Lamb - coming Saturday its going to be a simple but enormously tasty Lamb treat

Pita Bread stuffed with slow roasted (in wood fired oven) pulled Lamb prepared with a Harissa marinade/sauce and a salad of cabbage tomato's and grilled aubergines which is traditionally stuffed into the Pita bread together with the meat, accompanied by a Hummus bi Tahini Sauce

Please note that for orders via chefsxp the stuffing will be delivered separate for you to stuff into the Pita bread to avoid the Pita getting soggy during dispatch !

John

p.s. the lunch/dinner/party boxes are coming ... I decided to have it as a selection menu where you can choose instead of pre determined boxes but this is taking a bit longer to set up at chefsxp but I'm hoping for tomorrow - fingers crossed

Edited by JohnBKKK

can you sell turkey breast sandwiches, thatd be super

Hi,

I'm planning to add a "Chicken Breast sandwich to our "Lunch/Dinner Box menu next month, would that do ? Its going to be a chicken breast with bacon and pineapple and is going to be very tasty, as we get nearer to TG and Xmas you will find Turkey appearing in our menu in form of a Bacon wrapped slice of breast on a bed of chestnut stuffing with red wine and sherry gravy served with mashed potato and french beens

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi,

tomorrow, Saturday the 11th the special is going to be the Pita stuffed with the slow cooked, Harriso marinated Lamb and a Hummus sauce

I also baked some Bagels today with Jalepenos and a cheese top crust (Emmental) - they turned out great, daughters comment was yummy and she finished the whole Bagel, they are pretty big - I will test them tomorrow at the Bistro but not yet on-line with the view of adding them to our menu next month with creme cheese and smoked Salmon - baked 9, so 8 will be available in that combination tomorrow at the Bistro on first come first serve basis until we run out for B 180.00 for one large jalepeno Bagel with creme cheese and smoked salmon

Also stocking Villa 33 tomorrow with a large amount of Kaesekrainer sausages and others including a Swiss Bockwurst with Emmental cheese in it (new)

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

John,

English breakfast pretty good - was impressed with the brown sauce addition! :D

However I dont rate the bacon much for a English brekkie...to small/crispy and salty...how about some of this style bacon for the english breakfast:

lane-farm-bacon.jpg

Hi,

thank you for ordering from us - glad you enjoyed the Breakfast :D - as to the Bacon, we make American style (Pork Belly) Bacon because that's what our Hotel customers order. I also make Canadian Bacon (loin) on order. The Bacon in your picture is back which I personally find gets a bit dry and never crispy ... there are soooo many options on bacon - how crispy how salty ... your perception of salt even changes from day to day depending on your body needing salt or not ... if you had a few too many the day before you'll be surprised how much salt your taste will apprechiate :o

Believe me, it is very difficult or actually impossible to find the right kind for everyone ... but crispy is what 90% of people are looking for in their Bacon - if you let Chefsxp know when ordering that you like your Bacon not too crispy they will pass it on and my staff will make it less so - if you order in the Bistro just tell them not too crispy .. otherwise they will make it crispy,

hope to be able to be of service again soon,

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi,

finally our new menu on chefsxp is ready with the addition of the sandwich boxes and the Lamb in Pita

The sandwich boxes are desinged to be the perfect lunch or dinner sized meal (suggest 3 sandwiches + 1 salad per person) - we had to put a min. order value of B 180.00 on it due to packaging cost etc.. you can choose between Potatoe and Pasta salad and a number of different open sandwiches - we use our own home baked Rye bread which I was told is probably the only "real " old fashioned bread available here or baguette which ever suits the type of topping better - also available in the selection is our large scotch egg - I have gone all out on the 2 salads and they are very very tasty

If you are planing a small party or get together and want to make your life easy this is the perfect solution. Please remember though, if you need a lot 30+ of sandwiches, they are freshly prepared to order and should be booked about 5 hours in advance to give our staff the time to prepare them while attending normal business. More sandwich types will be added on later.

The lamb in Pita is slow cooked New Zealand Lamb shoulder marinated in Harissa paste with charcoal grilled aubergine stuffed into a Pita bread with ample Hummus bi Tahini - was received extremely well on Saturday at the Bistro

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi,

tomorrow, Saturday the 11th the special is going to be the Pita stuffed with the slow cooked, Harriso marinated Lamb and a Hummus sauce

I also baked some Bagels today with Jalepenos and a cheese top crust (Emmental) - they turned out great, daughters comment was yummy and she finished the whole Bagel, they are pretty big - I will test them tomorrow at the Bistro but not yet on-line with the view of adding them to our menu next month with creme cheese and smoked Salmon - baked 9, so 8 will be available in that combination tomorrow at the Bistro on first come first serve basis until we run out for B 180.00 for one large jalepeno Bagel with creme cheese and smoked salmon

Also stocking Villa 33 tomorrow with a large amount of Kaesekrainer sausages and others including a Swiss Bockwurst with Emmental cheese in it (new)

John

Good news