Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

french fries inside of bread, what's next, rice inside of pasta? :o

:D daubt that but a Chip Butty is something many Brits have grown up with .. watch "Only Fools & Horses" it features regularly in this series which is great by the way .. ehem ... not so the Chip Butty .. had to explain to staff that for this, fry the chips in oil below the normal 180C since they have to be soft (without saying soggy) like British chips from a F&C shop ... I only comply with customers demands ... :D

Edited by JohnBKKK

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

finally chefsxp has managed to put our new menu on-ine -

There are a few changes - some items I have removed - some new items have been added - sausages, following earlier comments on this forum for home delivery I'm now offering in 2's or extra large size to make the delivery fee more worth while and to make them a full meal instead of a snack .. well for most

Check it out, and also our "Economy" lunch during the week - Meatloaf with Gravy and Mash - for the coming week

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Just ordered and ate the meatloaf. As always, John, I'm very impressed with the quality of food you offer for the price. Nice work.

Only one small thing you might like to know-- the Chef'sXP description says the meatloaf comes with peas, but none were included with my order. No big deal-- actually I don't even like peas-- but thought you might like to know so that you can sort out the description :o .

Just ordered and ate the meatloaf. As always, John, I'm very impressed with the quality of food you offer for the price. Nice work.

Only one small thing you might like to know-- the Chef'sXP description says the meatloaf comes with peas, but none were included with my order. No big deal-- actually I don't even like peas-- but thought you might like to know so that you can sort out the description :o .

Hi Genghis,

thank you very much for the comments. I love the meatloaf myself and had it a coupple of times for dinner. The peas ... hmmmm.. I already gave staff a bollocking and I would like to appologise for this, but I think one of the problems is that there seems to be a lack of interest in veggies amoung the ex-pat community here - virtually every order, the peas either stayed on the plate or with on-line orders customers asked to " leave off the peas" - I guess the staff was kind off hypnotised by being asked with every order to leave out the peas .........

Coming week its "Chicken Ragout" with rice (one of my personal favorites) with no veggies but mushrooms and capers in the ragout,

thanks again,

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Dude, check the peas - NOBODY refuses GOOD side dishes :o

Well, that's exactly what I thought once, but the fact is the peas are straight forward, tossed in a bit of butter and perfectly fine - add to this the fact that the on-line customers have not even tasted them and ask for no pease ......

New Years eve dinnier we had spinach with the Wellington, imported baby leaf spinach prepared with garlic and a pinch of nutmeg tossed in some butter - same thing, the plates were empty but of the spinach - people who orderd their xmas dinner (turkey) on-line for home delivery also had a varied choice of veggies but did not order any with the exeption of some US customers who ordered "Bean Casserole" ... but healthy, delicious sprouts .. nope

I love veggies and I prefere them as natural as possible and slightly al dente

Unless you offer HP sauce on that Chip Butty I suppose the English will burn your place down.

Order a case of the stuff - NOW.

Hi DotCom,

sure lol,

Chefsxp managed to chnage the weekly menu to the Chicken Ragout as of today ... yeeeeeeeeeepy

Edited by JohnBKKK

Unless you offer HP sauce on that Chip Butty I suppose the English will burn your place down.

Order a case of the stuff - NOW.

Hi DotCom,

sure lol,

Chefsxp managed to chnage the weekly menu to the Chicken Ragout as of today ... yeeeeeeeeeepy

DC, they sell HP and other sauces at Tops, Villa, Foodland, Carrefour, Lotus, Big C. Pick up a bottle and put it in your fridge next to your mustard, mayo, ketchup :o

Hi,

as far as Villa is concerned, they gave themselves an additional 6 weeks on top of the 9 weeks they already had in credit line at which point I said enough is enough so we are not stocking there anymore

The economic crisies seems to have hit, especially the low sterling exchange and I had to throw away 3 KG of corned Beef, at which point I decided to stop offering the Reuben since there were very few orders. For economic reasons I shall revise our menu again,

sorry about that,

John

Hi,

as far as Villa is concerned, they gave themselves an additional 6 weeks on top of the 9 weeks they already had in credit line at which point I said enough is enough so we are not stocking there anymore

The economic crisies seems to have hit, especially the low sterling exchange and I had to throw away 3 KG of corned Beef, at which point I decided to stop offering the Reuben since there were very few orders. For economic reasons I shall revise our menu again,

sorry about that,

John

Thanks for the update.

Hi,

sorry about that,

John

So can you suggest a major Retail stockist of your Products now - preferably in the Sukhumvit area?

I have also asked in the past about stockists of your Vindaloo but never received a response.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
The Bistro has closed down?

It's not on the Eurogourmet website anymore either...

:D

hmm strange indeed - just clicked on the link to John's site and found this on the home page....

Let's face it, hard times are upon us!

Instead of producing and supplying top quality Sausages Pate's, Terrines etc. to 5 star Hotels, it seems more logical these day's that I help you, to make your own. An initial, small investment will result in substantial savings, even in the short term and you control your own quality, as well as selection.

You will get 5 numbered Formulas for 5 different delicious Sausages

Does this mean John no longer produces products???? :o

The Bistro has closed down?

It's not on the Eurogourmet website anymore either...

:D

hmm strange indeed - just clicked on the link to John's site and found this on the home page....

Let's face it, hard times are upon us!

Instead of producing and supplying top quality Sausages Pate's, Terrines etc. to 5 star Hotels, it seems more logical these day's that I help you, to make your own. An initial, small investment will result in substantial savings, even in the short term and you control your own quality, as well as selection.

You will get 5 numbered Formulas for 5 different delicious Sausages

Does this mean John no longer produces products???? :o

Very strange..........profile reveals John was online yesterday but no word for his loyal customers on whats happening..... :D

Hi all,

well, sorry about not saying anything here, but I'm not sure yet as to the future. However, I expect to be able to give some more firm information within this week. The Bistro is still open, I stopped chefsxp due to disagreements about financial aspects ......

John

Hi all,

well, sorry about not saying anything here, but I'm not sure yet as to the future. However, I expect to be able to give some more firm information within this week. The Bistro is still open, I stopped chefsxp due to disagreements about financial aspects ......

John

Thanks for update...................best of luck :o