Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

Pleased to say that we are open today, Sunday for the first time - its a test to see how much business we can do via chefsxp on sundays- the Bistro was so busy yesterday that I have to open our main kitchen today too to make more mashed potatoes and some other things since we ran out of stock last night and a coupple of deep fried Turkey's for home delivery for early Thanksgiving parties . there goes my sunday on the couch ..... sigh

Edited by JohnBKKK

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just send details to chefsxp and asked for the following items to be added to our menu as of Wednesday:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Bagel with Cream Cheese and smoked Salmon

Mouse-over:

Our own handmade New York Bagels with cream Cheese and smoked Salmon - as close as you can get to the typical New York Breakfast - only difference is, we use smoked Salmon instead of Lox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Bagel with an egg omelette

Mouse over:

Our own, handmade New York Bagels with a fresh 3 Egg Omelette - a compact yet very satisfying Breakfast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Bagel with salt Beef (corned Beef)

Mouse over:

Our own, handmade New York Bagels with a good portion of our warm, salted Beef - you'll think you are in Downtown Manhattan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ultimate Turkey Sandwich - with our own Walnut Bread - it's big and highly delicious

Mouse over:

The Walnut bread is a delicacy in itself, a large soft sandwich-bread with majonaise, Turkey breast which has been roasted, wrapped in our own, dry cured bacon for huge flavor, sliced Tomato and our special sauce which is based on the famous Cumberland sauce with Port and red wine .. it's the Gourmet's version of a Turkey sandwich

I am a jealous man JohnBKKK :D you must be at least 200 kg's eating all that great food :D

well ... ehem .... I'm certainly not a lightweight but far off the suggested mark .. more like 120 KG :o I certainly would if I ate all this food everyday, but a funny thing happens to cooks, having tasted very small amounts of a variaty of dishes, probabaly less than a cup full in all, one is full. I have a harty breakfast in the morning and than nothing until about 7pm when I have a small dinner .. today Goulash, half of a portion that we normally serve at the Bistro, with some Walnutbread.

Today my Thai staff was particulaly fond of the Walnut Bread and I had to guard it carefully ... Walnuts ain't cheap these days, but they always manage to talk me out of some bread to take home to their families ..... they also enjoy some good sausages :D

John, the not soooo heavy

I am a jealous man JohnBKKK :D you must be at least 200 kg's eating all that great food :D

well ... ehem .... I'm certainly not a lightweight but far off the suggested mark .. more like 120 KG :D I certainly would if I ate all this food everyday, but a funny thing happens to cooks, having tasted very small amounts of a variaty of dishes, probabaly less than a cup full in all, one is full. I have a harty breakfast in the morning and than nothing until about 7pm when I have a small dinner .. today Goulash, half of a portion that we normally serve at the Bistro, with some Walnutbread.

Today my Thai staff was particulaly fond of the Walnut Bread and I had to guard it carefully ... Walnuts ain't cheap these days, but they always manage to talk me out of some bread to take home to their families ..... they also enjoy some good sausages :D

120 kg ??? :o

well ... ehem .... I'm certainly not a lightweight but far off the suggested mark .. more like 120 KG :D I certainly would if I ate all this food everyday, but a funny thing happens to cooks, having tasted very small amounts of a variaty of dishes, probabaly less than a cup full in all, one is full. I have a harty breakfast in the morning and than nothing until about 7pm when I have a small dinner .. today Goulash, half of a portion that we normally serve at the Bistro, with some Walnutbread.

120 kg ??? :o

John is what is known as a 'light' 120 kgs

OK, here we go, as of tomorrow on the Bistro menu as well as chefsxp:

The mother of all Turkey sandwiches- yes, it is large - Juicy Breast of Turkey which was roasted, wrapped in our dry cured, smoked Bacon - trust me the flavor is fantastic - sliced onto our own Walnut Bread with some majo beneath - the Gellee on top is made with Cranberry Gellee, Wine and Port and adds an additional level to this Gourmet Sandwich

post-30681-1227004298_thumb.png

Cream Cheese and smoked Salmon on our own handmade New York Bagel with Onions on the side

post-30681-1227004326_thumb.png

also available -New York Bagel with salt Beef and Bagel with Egg Omelette

And now I have to eat at least one of them :o

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

well eating lots of bread fattens people up, that's why Asians are so thin, they eat rice.

that looks delicious:post-7932-1227016923_thumb.png can you tell us a bit more about whiskey cream sauce that comes with it

sure, its a rich, creamy custard sauce with a reduction of whiskey for flavor

Edited by JohnBKKK

John, i just had some wild pacific coho smoked salmon from British Columbia (friend brought it with him), no comparison to that norwegian atlantic stuff.

Anywhere to get this in Thailand that you know of?

Hi James,

give me a coupple of days to check with my suppliers ... I thinkone of them may be able to supply it .... am currently looking into importing flash frozen North Atlantik salmon, smoked, wild Canadian Salmon and Nuts from California with a US based friend for next year

Alright John!!!! Where is the turkey sandwich on chefxp, dam_n picture has had me craving since wed! :D

Sorry about that but when Sorot from chefsxp said on Monday, "it will be on chefsxp on Wednesday" he must have been talking in Thai time :o - I'm hoping TODAY

Its selling at the Bistro allredy

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

I was just promissed that the Turkey Sandwich and the cream cheese & smoked Salmon Bagel will be on chefsxp within the next 2 hours -- fingers crossed

It's now 18:44 Friday and all Bagels as well as the Turkey sandwich have been added to our chefsxp site

Edited by JohnBKKK

Well John... you can't say I didn't try...

Again, I attempted to order a Cornish Pasty via ChefExpress... This time on a Saturday instead of Sunday, a little after 5. A little after that, the gal called to say that they are finished lah. Sigh. One day, I swear I'm going to try your pasty... but in the meantime, I've ordered your ribs with a few other bits.

Again, I attempted to order a Cornish Pasty via ChefExpress... This time on a Saturday instead of Sunday, a little after 5. A little after that, the gal called to say that they are finished lah. Sigh. One day, I swear I'm going to try your pasty... but in the meantime, I've ordered your ribs with a few other bits.

Hi Desi,

sorry about that, but its one of these things, you get fair orders for a product and than suddenly on one day 11 people decide to have one at the Bistro ... I have new ones on my kitchen plan for Monday .. the same with the Lamb in Pita, selling 1 or 2 a day for weeks . so I plan accordingly and than yesterday 7 orders .. those are on my plan for Monday too/

New Pasties will be available as of Tuesday coming week,

John

p.s. ribs I just made a new batch of ribs :o:-)

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi John,

Just wanted to say how much the wife and I enjoyed our turkey sandwich and smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel yesterday. The walnut bread and the bagel were both delicious. Sometimes, I find bagels so solid that they're too much like hard work to eat, but yours was just right!

See you next week if we don't go to the Ploenchit Fair.

Hi John,

Just wanted to say how much the wife and I enjoyed our turkey sandwich and smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel yesterday. The walnut bread and the bagel were both delicious. Sometimes, I find bagels so solid that they're too much like hard work to eat, but yours was just right!

See you next week if we don't go to the Ploenchit Fair.

Hi Colin,

thank you very much for your kind comments. Glad you both enjoyed your meals. Over the weekend we were cleaned out of both,the Walnut Bread and the New York Bagels and I had to limit how many of each, a customer could buy to take away so not to run out at the Bistro before end of business :o

Today I'll have my hands full replenishing Bistro stock - Cornish pasties - Steak Pies - Beefburgers - corned Beef - Bagels and Walnut Bread - cumberland jelly - strangle my cheese supplier for not delivering the Camembert as promissed on Friday and we had to buy at Villa to be able to fulfill orders yikes and tomorrow more Turkey for the Sandwiches,

John

p.s. the Ploenchit Fair is much more fun with a full stomach :D

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi Desi,

the pasties are in stock again now, made a lot today,

John

Hi,

making the last Thanksgiving Turkey tomorrow for a customer ... have been making Turkey's like madthe last few day's and not just Turkey's but all the trimmings as well. On Thursday we had a large Group of American customers at the Bistro for a full TG Dinner - in all we shipped out some 18 complete sets. Of course a lot of those orders came in last moment with the last order received on Thanksgiving for today which we also managed to deliver to the Bistro where it was picked up today.

if you wish to order a Turkey for Christmas, please do so as early as possible since I expect a lot more orders for Christmas day and last minute orders may have to be rejected. The logistics are simply enormous because we want to make sure everything arrives hot and every Turkey ready for carving.

The deep fried Turkey went down a treat by the way virtually everyone ordered deep fried and as far as I can tell they were all very happy.

Adding to the logistic headache was of course the fact that we had to resort to tourbusses to supply wholesale customers in Phuket and Chiang Mai since the Airports are closed :o

John who desperately needs a beer now

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi,

making the last Thanksgiving Turkey tomorrow for a customer ... have been making Turkey's like madthe last few day's and not just Turkey's but all the trimmings as well. On Thursday we had a large Group of American customers at the Bistro for a full TG Dinner - in all we shipped out some 18 complete sets. Of course a lot of those orders came in last moment with the last order received on Thanksgiving for today which we also managed to deliver to the Bistro where it was picked up today.

if you wish to order a Turkey for Christmas, please do so as early as possible since I expect a lot more orders for Christmas day and last minute orders may have to be rejected. The logistics are simply enormous because we want to make sure everything arrives hot and every Turkey ready for carving.

The deep fried Turkey went down a treat by the way virtually everyone ordered deep fried and as far as I can tell they were all very happy.

Adding to the logistic headache was of course the fact that we had to resort to tourbusses to supply wholesale customers in Phuket and Chiang Mai since the Airports are closed :o

John who desperately needs a beer now

I tried to go online to check out your turkey meal, but I could not get anything other than your home page.

What comes with your turkey meal? What fixings?

I tried to go online to check out your turkey meal, but I could not get anything other than your home page.

What comes with your turkey meal? What fixings?

just click here, this will take you to our actual shop without going through the homepage first THE EUROGOURMET SHOP

ONCE THERE CLICK ONTO Turkey ++ for this Season

Every Turkey comes with 1KG of mashed Potato for free - Turkey prices are per KG - the normal bird we use for deep-frying is 8KG - enough for 6-8 people or 10 Thai's

John

Fixings: (extras): Cauliflour cheese - a Port and red wine gravy - stuffing with chestnuts and walnuts - mixed vegetables - pumpkin Pie - Bread & Butter Pudding upon request caramelized sweet potato and Green Bean casserole -

Edited by JohnBKKK

I miss the EuroGourmet bistro most since leaving Bangkok.

*sigh* that turkey sandwich sounds and look fantastic.

Hi Chuckler,

we miss you too, heard you came in a coupple of weeks ago while in BKK .. sorry I missed ya. ,

hope to see you again soon,

all the best

John

p.s. will keep the turkey sandwich on the menu for some time, it has become very popular within a few day's and I have to make new Walnut bread every week now

Edited by JohnBKKK

Got the first responses about Thanksgiving dinner -

Dear John,

The meal was well received by everyone. It was myself and my wife's Thai family. Being their first time with this type of meal, they were a bit slow to approach it. I was quite happy, thinking that there would be plenty left for me the next day. When I looked around later, it was all gone!! They made up for a slow start fast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very pleasing results. I have now compleated the shop for orders for Christmas adding roast beef, roasted, stuffed duck, beef wellington etc to the selection for on time, hot delivery to your home or office click onto retail and than onto Christmas ....

Considering the large amount of Turkey dinners we did for Thanksgiving with Christmas being celebrated by a lot more people, I do recommend early booking to get your perfect time slot.

Christmas is only 3 weeks and 2 day's away!

John

John, i just had some wild pacific coho smoked salmon from British Columbia (friend brought it with him), no comparison to that norwegian atlantic stuff.

Anywhere to get this in Thailand that you know of?

Hi James,

give me a coupple of days to check with my suppliers ... I thinkone of them may be able to supply it .... am currently looking into importing flash frozen North Atlantik salmon, smoked, wild Canadian Salmon and Nuts from California with a US based friend for next year

Well, have checked with all my suppliers, afraid its currently not available - scotish yes even wild but not this particular one,

sorry,

John