Samed Villa Resort

Isabellla

Stayed there last year. My thoughts:

Good value resort with nice, large rooms and in an ideal location right on Ao Phai beach. It's close enough to the "action" so that you can easily go for some food and evening drinks by foot, yet quiet enough so that you can just relax and get some rest if you want to. The discos are far away enough so that the music won't disturb you, but they're within staggering distance if you do fancy a few buckets.

The restaurant is OK, nothing special, the breakfasts are your usual Asian 3 star hotel American Breakfast ("ABF"), and for dinner you're better off walking along the beach to one of the many seafood barbecue restaurants that set up in the evenings. They serve some nice cocktails though and play decent music at low volume in the evenings, i.e. not the blaring trance / hip hop disco you get in discos; nor the endless Bob Marley / Hotel California mix you often get in the more low key places.

Rooms are decent, well decked out and with nice bathrooms, minibar, air-con and TV. Rooms are very close to the sea also.

There isn't a swimming pool or spa, but then I don't think there are any hotels on the east coast with such amenities, certainly not a pool anyway. Staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Only downsides - there's an inland pool which has formed near the hotel which has gone stagnant and can be a bit on the smelly side if you go near it. And, not sure if it's due to this pool, but there are loads of mosquitoes around - mind you, that's true all over Samet.

All in all, I don't think you'll find a better place on the east coast of Koh Samet, and for sure when I next go to Samet that's where I want to stay.

No problem, have fun!
\\ :o Hey got a reply from the resort management saying that the problem has been solved several months ago although the condition of the canal is now in the hands of the neighbours to take care.

So hope those neighbours can protect the environment keeping it clean. Can we make a petition?

i stayed here recently and most of it was under construction

Often a resort will schedule its refurbishment / construction work around the low season, i.e. April / May to October. You'd rarely find a resort under construction during the high season unless it's a huge resort undergoing major refurbishment, or things go behind schedule. Isabella, when are you planning to go there? Would be worth contacting them and finding out if the construction will be finished by the time you go. If it's in mid October or later, chances are it probably will be, or it may have finished already.

i stayed here recently and most of it was under construction

Often a resort will schedule its refurbishment / construction work around the low season, i.e. April / May to October. You'd rarely find a resort under construction during the high season unless it's a huge resort undergoing major refurbishment, or things go behind schedule. Isabella, when are you planning to go there? Would be worth contacting them and finding out if the construction will be finished by the time you go. If it's in mid October or later, chances are it probably will be, or it may have finished already.

I've contacted the management and they reply today

' the problem has been solved several months ago.Now we can see some plants and fish in it. We have already talked with our neighbours not to drain their usage water into it.At the moment the condition of the canal is really fine"