Jim Cramer's Take

The advice you get off this board is every bit as accurate as what Cramer gives. I followed ONE of his sure buys and lost over $3,000 within a few days. That stock went from about $8.50 when I bought and is now about $2.35. Fortunately I sold at $5.50.

tell us which one, I want to buy it now and you also should...

Have a shot! That company is Enterra Energy Trust. Symbol ENT.

:D Holy Moly....STAY AWAY !!!

Year-to-Date has a PLUS of +131%....from $ 1,16 to 2,68.

But:

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=ent

Small company...rises too fast with high losses. :o

LaoPo

The advice you get off this board is every bit as accurate as what Cramer gives. I followed ONE of his sure buys and lost over $3,000 within a few days. That stock went from about $8.50 when I bought and is now about $2.35. Fortunately I sold at $5.50.

But:

LaoPo

yeah, looks like belly up.

• 3 weeks later...

But:

LaoPo

Enterra Energy Trust = ENT dropped 55% since I wrote the above on Sept. 28th :D

Anyway:

Why Cramer Should Be Suspended

Financial advisors across the nation have been trying to clean up the mess that Jim Cramer made. We had clients crying because of the panic he created.

continues, long article:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/99371-why-...icle_sb_popular

LaoPo

[

i]Financial advisors across the nation have been trying to clean up the mess that Jim Cramer made. We had clients crying because of the panic he created.[/i]

When I started this thread back when, I didn't mean to imply I was a follower of his. Just that he makes grand statements and because he makes them to a wide audience, they sometimes become a self-fullfilling prophecy. Have you noticed before the markets open, during the Squawk Box show on CNBC, how often when they have a guest, they will watch the futures before and after the comments to see if this person has some influence on the markets? I think VegasVics comments may be spot on. If I could tell a million viewers that stocks were going to tank, head back to my office and short the market, I would be pretty rich.

I used to read his column in Smart Money about 15 yrs ago, back when he was just as crazy, but with just a much smaller (but literate) audience.

The seekingalpha article was illuminating and appreciated.

The guy's a clown.

I agree, he's a clown.

And his job now is too get TV ratings and sell books. Much moreso than giving "advice."

Cramer has been dead-wrong many times. There are many, many, people sitting in front of their computers on the computer trade sites that buy, hold, sell, the stocks that Jim Cramer gives advice on.

Cramer is for sheep. And his loud, yelling, fast taking style is very annoying, as well as the bells and whistles he rings by pushing those buttons.

There are many other analysts to read, and they are much better.