Best Mexican Food In Bangkok

dotcom

Hi everyone,

I just stop by to wish you a very happy Sonkran, hoping to see you at T&S soon.

Here we are working in to set up this new concept and i want to invite you to be an active part of this.

I will get back to you with more information,

Please follow us in facebook too and if possible check our website regularly, where i update promotions and news via Twitter.

Looking forward to see you after the holidays

Best regards

Jorge Bernal

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently eaten at La Monita, Coyote, Los Cabos, and Tacos and Salsa.

I had a carne asada burrito at La Monita. I asked for it without rice and vegetables. The burrito was good (there were some stringy pieces of beef) but the salsa in those bottles are so difficult to use. You either get too much liquid or the bottle clogs up from the solid material. I only found the mild salsa ok. The other two were way too salty for my taste. Pretty packed when I went there. Seems to be doing good business.

I had brunch at the Coyote on Sukhumvit. Pretty quiet Sunday morning. The breakfast burrito was very good. The salsa was alright. I ended up asking for some tabasco sauce towards the end just cuz I love tabasco. The huevos rancheros were a miss. I wouldn't recommend the sweet version of their brunch set. No one that I know goes for sweet Mexican food for a meal. The meals did come with some decent sausages which made a good 2nd or 3rd meal at home. The margaritas were ok but you could tell that they weren't made with quality tequila. It's what you would expect with a brunch special that included drinks.

I went to Los Cabos for the Taco Tuesday promotion. There were a few people in the place. The waitress said the tacos were 30 baht, but the bill came out to 25 baht as advertised online. I ordered one of each taco: beef, pork, chicken, and fish. The chicken and fish were the best ones in my opinion. They basically reminded me of soft flour tacos that you would get from Taco Bell, only bigger, back in the US. The cheese tended to overpower the meat that was present other than in the chicken and fish tacos. I believe their sauce is homemade since it came out in an unbranded bottle. The sauce was good. The mojito was good (according to the gf) and the margarita was better than Coyote.

I went to Tacos and Salsa last weekend for Songkran. There was one other party there but they were upstairs watching the F1 game. We ordered 2 different taquitos plates (pork w/ pineapple and the mixed meat one - sorry I can't remember the names, some creviche thing which was like a guacamole mixed up seafood salad, and a pork burrito. They have the best refried beans that I have ever eaten in my life. The Mexican rice was good as well. I thought things would have been worse since they only had 2 Thai workers in the place at the time. The owner has trained the staff very well in the ways of food preparation. The staff was very friendly and talkative when we asked questioned. Everything was excellent. The three types of salsa were great. The fresh salsa with tomatoes was very nice and sour. The green salsa with chilies had a nice kick to it. The liquidy, red salsa had good taste. I preferred to mix the green with the red. Flan for dessert was good as well.

Before all this, I was with La Monita, but now I am going to have to give the win to Tacos and Salsa. I enjoyed that the food was basically what I was used to when I went down south to Mexico. I'm not normally used to that since I'm from Southern California, but the taste overall was so much better. The corn tortillas were awesome. Also try the tamales if you have a chance. They were excellent from the first time I went there. I will have to go again when they have the buffet promotion where you can order anything from the kitchen. No one has been able to reproduce the Mexican food that I was used to while I lived in Southern California. Some other posters know what I am talking about. The nice carne asada juice mixed in the the cheese/sour cream/salsa from Albertos is just so yummy. It's like drinking part of your burrito...

• 11 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread you guys, but dam_n(!) I was disappointed last week, whilst in Bangkok for the first time in half a year, dreaming of a Poblano Chile Relleno at Los Cabos, when lo and behold, I get off the BTS at Asoke, and no Los Cabos.

They went under, huh?

Can someone now point me to the best Mexican in Bangkok excluding Sunrise and Coyote please, been there done that.

Thx, GOM