Petchabun

macb

Saturday night took my new lady and her daughter to the above Festival: OTOP stalls fun fair parade:

It was in the evening I took some photos using my Fujifilm digital Camera 8.3 mega pixels, some pictures I have enhanced to make them more viewable. I will be going back tomorrow during the day so will take more pictures:

DSCF1489_640x480.jpg

DSCF1478_640x480.jpg

DSCF1488_640x480.jpg

DSCF1474_640x480.jpg

DSCF1476_640x480.jpg

DSCF1468_640x480.jpg

DSCF1471_640x480.jpg

DSCF1467_640x480.jpg

Saturday night took my new lady and her daughter to the above Festival: OTOP stalls fun fair parade:

It was in the evening I took some photos using my Fujifilm digital Camera 8.3 mega pixels, some pictures I have enhanced to make them more viewable. I will be going back tomorrow during the day so will take more pictures:

DSCF1489_640x480.jpg

DSCF1478_640x480.jpg

DSCF1488_640x480.jpg

DSCF1474_640x480.jpg

DSCF1476_640x480.jpg

DSCF1468_640x480.jpg

DSCF1471_640x480.jpg

DSCF1467_640x480.jpg

Thanks marc for updating.

Nice pics.

I saw it was held outdoors, some stalls selling tinkets.

If the weather is bearable, I would love to stroll along those vendors.

BTW, what kind of festival: cultural....fruit...?

Hi Macb

congratulations on the new lady hope it all works out for you, we went to the festival last night had a good time, the weather was perfect, not too hot until we got some bits and pieces for the house, then loaded down with 'chopping', some good bargains to be had. For Tinklebell, from what I understand the Buddha Image of the city is re-consecrated in the river by Monks to maintain the morality of the city, has been happening for 400 years apparently,

Cheers

Chris

Chris, thanks for the info about the construction of the Buddha.

I believe the weather is better (besides it's a bit cooler) than BKK, since it situates near the mountain. Might like to try my hand by spending a few weeks here to get the feel of it. :o

Where I pick to live would base on weather as an outdoors lover, :D that's it.

Hi TB

I have been up here 3 months now, not many farang where I am, one has just moved away and a Norwegian is having a house built close to me. It is indeed much cooler than BKK, we are just coming into the cool season now. The evenings are balmy and pleasant and just use the Ac to cool the bedroom down when it has been hot during the day and sleep with the fan on usually.

As a choice for a base:

Phetchabun City

Wichianburi

Bung Sampan

Also the services are very inexpensive:

Water 120 baht this month and we have had the builders in using a lot of water

Electricity 1100 baht and the builders have been doing a lot of welding for steel doors, windows and roof beams for the garage/workshop

Pleased to help/advise, I think I would locate closer to Phetchabun if I could do it again, I am 55Kms South but it is so quiet and peaceful here and I don't miss the bright lights at all

Cheers Mate

Hi TB

I have been up here 3 months now, not many farang where I am, one has just moved away and a Norwegian is having a house built close to me. It is indeed much cooler than BKK, we are just coming into the cool season now. The evenings are balmy and pleasant and just use the Ac to cool the bedroom down when it has been hot during the day and sleep with the fan on usually.

As a choice for a base:

Phetchabun City

Wichianburi

Bung Sampan

Also the services are very inexpensive:

Water 120 baht this month and we have had the builders in using a lot of water

Electricity 1100 baht and the builders have been doing a lot of welding for steel doors, windows and roof beams for the garage/workshop

Pleased to help/advise, I think I would locate closer to Phetchabun if I could do it again, I am 55Kms South but it is so quiet and peaceful here and I don't miss the bright lights at all

Cheers Mate

Hi Chris,

Very much appreciated for sharing your life about living in Petchabun.

At this stage it's a little early to call Petchabun home. But I feel good thinking about having such a good and caring neigbors like you...marc....spee and others which I found from reading on this threads.

Have you ever bumbed into those gentlemens ?

Thanks for the offer, when the time comes I'll let you know.

Good luck and enjoy your peaceful moments.

Tink

Yes, I must say it is a fantastic part of Thailand, Mountains the Kho Khor peninsula runs to Phitsanaluk,

I live about 30 k east of the city at the base of the mountains.

I have a great family and a nice farm that generates a good income.

Lots of spare time for fishing etc

There are quite a few farang in and around the city, once you have been here a while, you soon bump into people.

I live a few kms from the Tat mok Waterfall Tat mok

Dang, wish I would have seen this earlier. I was in country and at my place in western Phetch prov last week and would have hopped over the mountains to Phetch city to check this out. Maybe next time. Thanks for the pix.

Hello all, you may like to know that there are other OTOP festivals held in Petchabun and our town's is usually towards the later part of the year. Perhaps not on the scale of Petchabun city with their giant wheel, but who knows; a good rice crop this year, so perhaps our Mayor will open her purse.

Other good events held in this town include Loy Krathong & Kings Birthday Parade, all coming up soon., and come to think about it Songkran & Bang Fi (rocket festival)are exciting days too!

South Petchabun does not have the scenery of the North but we are only an hours drive from the waterfalls/Mountains and for good fishing, my house is less than 2km from the Pa Sak river.

Three golf courses - Petchabun (Thai Army), Lop Buri (Thai Army) & Narai Hills all in easy reach too.

Perhaps the best part of living here is that my wifes nearest relatives are over 350 km's away in Prachin Buri!!.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if I have added this link before of Petchabun if so my apologies

http://thailand.sawadee.com/petchabun/attr...#Wat%20Mahathat

This is also a good link where you can click on the map to street name size: You will be able to relate this to more information when I add it

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/thail...phetchabun/map/

Edited by macb

Thanks 'macb', :o

I already jot down a few attractions in my itinerary for a future visit.

The Petchabun map is really helpful. I particular like the names of towns ( printed in Thai). Now I'm confident whenever I pronounce the town's or places name, they would understand me right away.

Good day,

Tink