Alias

erg

I can remember a few years ago Joel Barlow starting this topic, most of us write under an alias on this forum.

I used to know a few of us on this forum, but after the years i forgot the real names of most of you boys and girls.

Maybe its nice if some of us tell something about them selfs, so we can guess who is who.

I (erwin) am in Holland the last 7 months, i cant wait to come back in 12 days.

Maybe some users want to share some personal things about themselfs so i can refresh my memorie, and get to now us again.

greatings from a raining Holland and see you soon.

Joel has an interest in using his own name as he promotes himself as a local writer and historian.

Sceadugenga on the other hand has no interest in people knocking on his door asking for his autograph so is happy to remain anonymous.

As anonymous as is possible in the small community in which we live.

I already analysed the mentality amongst foreigners in Chiang Rai after reading post 2 and 3. It's the "Quick, duck! There's another westerner at Big C" kind of thing. Or the old school Chiang Rai fashion: "Hello person you that I have never met but know everything about!".

But if you ever see a small guy with a diamond necklace and a Russian accent that likes instigating on thaivisa with ever so much class riding a monstrous Honda dream, it wouldn't be me. Chtob vse byli zdorovy!

If a member chooses to use their real name as a username, no problem. However asking other users to reveal their names....Hmmmm.

I think most people prefer the anonymity.

Surely most are aware that spybots and webcrawlers harvest names and email addresses from the web- forums are one of the richest sources for this information. Be careful. :o

The Chiang Mai section of this board is a far more sociable crowd than us. They meet regularly and the CM forum is full of their comings and goings and doings.

The very nature of Chiang Rai means that a few people who decide to relocate there may actually be happy with their own company.

Others, like goski, who being Russian is also a member of one of the most sociable races on the planet, obviously enjoy the camaraderie of old friends and the pleasure of making new ones.

Sceadugenga has met half a dozen members of ThaiVisa, most of whom have made the long journey to his doorstep.

Unfortunately some of them had expectations that sceadugenga was either reluctant to meet or incapable of fulfilling. In the interests of not causing further disappointment he likes to keep his relationships online, BUT, that does not mean that a cup of coffee and a friendly chat occasionally is out of the question.

Just don't ask me to co-write any books, start a new forum or launch a palace coup upon an existing one. :o

You write like you want goski and I'll write like I want.

It's easy not to be offended by the way I write... don't read it.

I'm sure that there's a blocking technique available on your control panel.

I thought you were saying you were Russian, in a round about Russian way. I apologise for jumping to conclusions. It certainly wasn't meant to be offensive, I have no Cold War phobia of Russians.

One of the things I first noticed about Chiang Rai (back in the early 90's) was how so many folks would carefully guard their last name .. some even their first. Nicknames were king .. sometimes for good reason.

There was Napoli Mike, Cowboy Mike, Surfer Mike, Cathouse Mike .. maybe a couple more? There were not as many 'Daves' around, but enough that encouraged me to introduce myself as Dave Webster .. and often get incredulous stares for baring that last shard of privacy. :o

Chiang Rai seems to have been many things to many folks. Some like to pretend they are mysterious. Others absolutely know that their wealth and popularity place them in the celeb category .. and they don't want paparazzi nor the unwashed masses hanging around.

My guess is that many were hiding from imaginary enemies or real 'legal' institutions. Others seem caught up in their own pomposity, wealth and influence.

But to K. Erwin .. were you either the block maker or the big guy who raised black chickens?

Now .. in closing .. if somebody want's to tell me who "Buddhafly" really is .. I have a major bone to pick with that a**hole.

No worries scea! I don't get offended easily and generally don't intend to offend either. Anyhow, I have once posed as a Russian in Bangkok without anyone noticing that in fact I'm Scanian.

Apart from that, the ridiculous saying that I just came up with: "I know the people who know me", seems to work pretty well in Chiang Rai. There have been some attempts on doing some sort of outing for expats in here but they all seemed to not fall through. The hashers must be the only group that I know of, even if I don't attend, that have a regular monthly meeting.

And the beauty of thaivisa in this age of non-confronting people is that you can still get advice and tips without having to drive several kilometers to sit down in a place saying: "Does anyone know where to buy good bread?".

I can remember a few years ago Joel Barlow starting this topic, most of us write under an alias on this forum.

I used to know a few of us on this forum, but after the years i forgot the real names of most of you boys and girls.

Maybe its nice if some of us tell something about them selfs, so we can guess who is who.

I (erwin) am in Holland the last 7 months, i cant wait to come back in 12 days.

Maybe some users want to share some personal things about themselfs so i can refresh my memorie, and get to now us again.

greatings from a raining Holland and see you soon.

Erwin, welcome back !

svenivan (you know who!)

Erg,

I remember back when chang35bht exposed you to who you were. You were pissed, and offered a couple free beers to

tell you who he was. I think i did, and you still owe me. See ya in a few.

Hi Erwin,

If Mumbojumbo really told you in person behind which nickname Stuart is hiding, then you should know him.

My guess has always been the best, ok (I don't'want to hurt any sensitive souls out here), one of the best golfplayers in town. But I have my doubts now.

Or did he, this sneaky person, do it in the forum here?

If you tell me, I owe you a couple of free beers (Klaus will go on the scales when he comes back from Germany a couple of days ahead of you and when he weights more than 90 kilo he owns me a carton of Chang beer. I hope the best for him, 555, honestly! Hope though you still like Chang beer after the better European brews).

Welcome back!

Limbo :o

Hmm, mumbojumbo, so you say i still owe you a few beer, i think we had this talk before, and yes i think we have met, and maybe even more then once.

But F@#$ i dont know .

I will give you what i promised, lets say at Rico's. Name a date and i will be there, offcourse i will bring Bo and Amy as well, so they can drag me home if i become drunk.

And yes Limbo, i will sacrifice and drink the Chang with you.

pomposity, wealth and influence.

But to K. Erwin .. were you either the block maker or the big guy who raised black chickens?

No, dear Klikster, sorry to tell you, but the block maker's name is Edwin (or possibly Erwin too) and he crushed his Mercedes Benz in the middle of the night against a parked lorry. This happened more than a year ago, maybe about two years ago. He had the tendency to fall asleep at unexpected moments and this could have been one of them.

He was still conscious when he arrived at the hospital and his wife had the opportunity to say goodbye to him.

He was a good guy and should have stayed a little bit longer among us.

pomposity, wealth and influence.

No, dear Klikster, sorry to tell you, but the block maker's name is Edwin (or possibly Erwin too) and he crushed his Mercedes Benz in the middle of the night against a parked lorry. This happened more than a year ago, maybe about two years ago. He had the tendency to fall asleep at unexpected moments and this could have been one of them.

He was still conscious when he arrived at the hospital and his wife had the opportunity to say goodbye to him.

He was a good guy and should have stayed a little bit longer among us.

Hello Yohan/Limbo. Thanks for the information .. although sorry to hear about K. Edwin.

Do you remember the "black chicken" farmer? Nice guy .. big fellow. Now that my memory glimmers a bit, was he perhaps Norwegian?

2 cl gin

2 cl Cointreau

2 cl lemon juice

1 cherry

2 cl vermouth

Are you sure you're not Russian? :D

Cannot be Russian. No vodka and fruits in the drink.

Must be south of Scandinavia, maybe Denmark!

Just a guess but I think I will be close!

:D:D:o

Hello Yohan/Limbo. Thanks for the information .. although sorry to hear about K. Edwin.

Do you remember the "black chicken" farmer? Nice guy .. big fellow. Now that my memory glimmers a bit, was he perhaps Norwegian?

The block builder was named Erwin Keller. I think the black chicken guy was named Goski.