Alias

erg

• 2 weeks later...

I received this email the other day:

Hi, I am Kelly-Ann Lannaman, I'm living in Jamaica. I was wondering if you can tell me about your ancestors. I don't know my grandfather, is name is Harold Lannaman aka Busha, as i was told be my dad. Please reply thanks.

My reply

Thanks for you email.

Sorry to disappoint you but my handle LANNAMAN is just an alias.

I'm and Englishman who lives and teaches English in Northern Thailand, which a long time ago was called the Lanna Kingdom, which was to the north of Siam, and took in part of Laos.

Good luck in finding out more about your family.

:o

Did she offer to send you the special dyed dollar bills, that her mum found in the safe after granddad died, as soon as you send her the air fare?

This example is an object lesson in why maintaining anonymity on public forums is a very good idea..... :D

One of the things I first noticed about Chiang Rai (back in the early 90's) was how so many folks would carefully guard their last name .. some even their first. Nicknames were king .. sometimes for good reason.

There was Napoli Mike, Cowboy Mike, Surfer Mike, Cathouse Mike .. maybe a couple more? There were not as many 'Daves' around, but enough that encouraged me to introduce myself as Dave Webster .. and often get incredulous stares for baring that last shard of privacy. :o

Chiang Rai seems to have been many things to many folks. Some like to pretend they are mysterious. Others absolutely know that their wealth and popularity place them in the celeb category .. and they don't want paparazzi nor the unwashed masses hanging around.

My guess is that many were hiding from imaginary enemies or real 'legal' institutions. Others seem caught up in their own pomposity, wealth and influence.

But to K. Erwin .. were you either the block maker or the big guy who raised black chickens?

Now .. in closing .. if somebody want's to tell me who "Buddhafly" really is .. I have a major bone to pick with that a**hole.

I'm right here mate. Though I haven't been using the buddhafly name any longer so as not to offend anyone. Yet you continue to pollute this forum with your psychotic and belligerent queries. no one wants the drama here. so why not just find some peace and move on with your life. i let this silly little childish spat rest a while ago. yet you seem to live for it. i've been patient with that. but you may see my patience wear thin.

One of the things I first noticed about Chiang Rai (back in the early 90's) was how so many folks would carefully guard their last name .. some even their first. Nicknames were king .. sometimes for good reason.

There was Napoli Mike, Cowboy Mike, Surfer Mike, Cathouse Mike .. maybe a couple more? There were not as many 'Daves' around, but enough that encouraged me to introduce myself as Dave Webster .. and often get incredulous stares for baring that last shard of privacy. :o

Chiang Rai seems to have been many things to many folks. Some like to pretend they are mysterious. Others absolutely know that their wealth and popularity place them in the celeb category .. and they don't want paparazzi nor the unwashed masses hanging around.

My guess is that many were hiding from imaginary enemies or real 'legal' institutions. Others seem caught up in their own pomposity, wealth and influence.

But to K. Erwin .. were you either the block maker or the big guy who raised black chickens?

Now .. in closing .. if somebody want's to tell me who "Buddhafly" really is .. I have a major bone to pick with that a**hole.

I'm right here mate. Though I haven't been using the buddhafly name any longer so as not to offend anyone. Yet you continue to pollute this forum with your psychotic and belligerent queries. no one wants the drama here. so why not just find some peace and move on with your life. i let this silly little childish spat rest a while ago. yet you seem to live for it. i've been patient with that. but you may see my patience wear thin.

Why not just be a man and tell me who you are? You were very free with a false and slanderous accusation here in this forum.

Please, please, lose your patience and do something profound.

Edited by klikster

kickster and buttafly need to get the gloves on, i bet on buttafly.

Everyone knows who klikster is and where he lives. Buddhafly likes to insult the Buddha, write abusive PMs, slander klikster in public, taunt klikster with an avatar, and hide like a coward.

But if I were a betting man, I would bet on my lawyer in a slander trial. :o

Hello all,

I did recently talk with a group of Buddhist monks that i confer with regularly, and they did say that we shouldn't use the Buddhas name in any other way.

I told them i felt bad as the name was given to me by a thai friend long ago, and i used it without understanding that it could be seen as disrespect to Buddha.

The three Monks reply was that it was an honest mistake and i shouldn't feel bad about it. As they have known me and my wife for years, they know my true intentions were harmless.

So i am now here as 'peazie'. The b---fly name is put to rest. apologies if any of you are true Buddhists and we're offended. moderators, please feel free to officially close that account.

and to klikster/dave, with regards to our hyperelevated misunderstanding, back and forth childish spat:

Dave, I officially apologize for my part in it. I dont think its even worth getting into the 'well you said this' and 'i said that'.i'm hoping we are both mature enough to avoid the pettiness of that. i think we both misconstrued each other intentions. and i offer a true apology here and public retraction of any statements made against you. sincerely.

i hope my peaceful intentions are witnessed here and we can all move on with happy lives!

peace, or peazie!

Peter Z.

Hello all,

I did recently talk with a group of Buddhist monks that i confer with regularly, and they did say that we shouldn't use the Buddhas name in any other way.

I told them i felt bad as the name was given to me by a thai friend long ago, and i used it without understanding that it could be seen as disrespect to Buddha.

Interesting, because the previous version said the friend who gave you the name was black .. hence the "fly" part of the name. Did someone else write that one for you?

and to klikster/dave, with regards to our hyperelevated misunderstanding, back and forth childish spat:

Dave, I officially apologize for my part in it. I dont think its even worth getting into the 'well you said this' and 'i said that'.i'm hoping we are both mature enough to avoid the pettiness of that. i think we both misconstrued each other intentions. and i offer a true apology here and public retraction of any statements made against you. sincerely.

i hope my peaceful intentions are witnessed here and we can all move on with happy lives!

" .. misunderstanding .."??? You seem to have conveniently forgotten the public accusations that you made .. that I was promoting Thailand sex tourism on the internet.

You also seem to be trying to take an easy way out without making yourself look bad. Too little, too late.

The OP posted the thread to ask about the community of people living in CR, and was I think just simply curious if everyone knew each other. nothing more, nothing less.

Maintaining anonymity on the fora is an intrinsic right. Asking people to reveal their true name, address, etc. is I would think we would all agree an invasion of privacy. Outing someone's real identity without their permission is a serious forum rule offense, and will result in immediate banning.

If individual members wish to contact others, learn their true names, etc. it is always possible to contact via PM (private message).

It is also possible to permanently block unwanted PM's from certain members- see the options in the Message Center menu.

Thread closed, and thank you for your understanding.