BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
toybits

Foreigner With An Attitude

Our village organization was in the process of installing a public address system - similar to those installed in most Thai villages around Thailand. These PA systems are used to broadcast announcements to residents in a village.

During installation, they were playing Look Thung music - which I must agree, was on the side of being a bit too loud. After around 4 songs, the music suddenly disappeared.

Apparently, one very irate foreigner decided to rip off the cables and in the process destroys the equipment. This person was apparently annoyed by the loud music.

Furthermore, said person says that if there were going to be announcements, that it should be broadcast in English. English!!! At a village where 95% of the residents are Thai nationals!!!

The foreigner with an attitude is married to a Thai.

I just wonder what this dude was thinking about? Does he think he owns the place?

Oh well, maybe this just added to his already being............whatever :o

And no, he doesn't own the place and if he goes on like this, there is a big chance that soon he will own nothing....

Maybe he bought the town when you weren't looking. Should check into it!

I was in Foodland when there was knuckle dragging German with tattoos on the neck shouting in ( broken ) English ) to a trainee waitress that she should be able to speak English if serving foreigners !.. i thought that was amusing,. ..makes you wonder why these types werent educated before being allowed out of the cave,. Back to the guy in the village, i think hes in for a rough ride,.

Edited by imaneggspurt

Our village organization was in the process of installing a public address system - similar to those installed in most Thai villages around Thailand. These PA systems are used to broadcast announcements to residents in a village.

During installation, they were playing Look Thung music - which I must agree, was on the side of being a bit too loud. After around 4 songs, the music suddenly disappeared.

Apparently, one very irate foreigner decided to rip off the cables and in the process destroys the equipment. This person was apparently annoyed by the loud music.

Furthermore, said person says that if there were going to be announcements, that it should be broadcast in English. English!!! At a village where 95% of the residents are Thai nationals!!!

The foreigner with an attitude is married to a Thai.

I just wonder what this dude was thinking about? Does he think he owns the place?

Perhaps hes just found out he owns nothing more like :o

:o:D

This reminds me of something similar I heard about quite a few years ago, although the guy in question was involved in some sort of UN sponsored project. He did have an advantage though in that he was involved with all the local govt. and no one else in the village liked the 0600 broadcasts either. He just went round in his pyjamas one morning to the broadcast office and pulled out all the plugs. Apparently the village had a big celebration for him in the evening for putting a stop to the noise. I am not sure whether your friend will have quite such a happy ending though.

Actually, this happened at around three o'clock in the afternoon. Was probably enjoying his siesta... Village committee is going to file a police report on the incident. Village committee met with him and his wife and had an interpreter with them to make sure that he understood what was said. He was asked to replace the damaged equipment and refused. Said that what the village was asking was too much. He offered to have the equipment repaired and insinuated that the village committee might just pocket the money. The nerve of this person... :D

:o:D

This reminds me of something similar I heard about quite a few years ago, although the guy in question was involved in some sort of UN sponsored project. He did have an advantage though in that he was involved with all the local govt. and no one else in the village liked the 0600 broadcasts either. He just went round in his pyjamas one morning to the broadcast office and pulled out all the plugs. Apparently the village had a big celebration for him in the evening for putting a stop to the noise. I am not sure whether your friend will have quite such a happy ending though.

He would wish he owned the whole village - but he doesn't. :o

Maybe he bought the town when you weren't looking. Should check into it!

The Puyai Barn usually hits the switch about 7am here and we get another serve about 6pm.

I'm well and truly up by 7 and still not in bed by 6 so it doesn't bother me.

I wonder what this idiot does at election time when the pick ups with the loudspeakers on the back come around the streets?

Is he buying an RPG launcher?

I don't know but this guy just wrote his own death warrant. Lots of Thais in the village now have a lot of anti-farang feeling.

The village security guards have also raised the alarm regarding one other farang who is fond of bringing young boys with him back to the village - I kid you not.... :o

These are not the kind of farang I would like to have for neighbors.

The Puyai Barn usually hits the switch about 7am here and we get another serve about 6pm.

I wonder what this idiot does at election time when the pick ups with the loudspeakers on the back come around the streets?

I don't know but this guy just wrote his own death warrant. Lots of Thais in the village now have a lot of anti-farang feeling.

The village security guards have also raised the alarm regarding one other farang who is fond of bringing young boys with him back to the village - I kid you not.... :o

These are not the kind of farang I would like to have for neighbors.

frustration , irritation , not understanding , no control , what more do you want

the thought of buying a nice last days palace is sometimes ending like that

so i dont know if i feel sorry for the thais or the guy

I don't care about these announcements, early in the morn and after. I even bought a speaker unit to broadcast=1,800b if i remember.

I object to the bad thai music they play for 5 min before the pui yai talks, and sometimes later. Cant they just have a short alarm clock warning or something before????

I don't care about these announcements, early in the morn and after. I even bought a speaker unit to broadcast=1,800b if i remember.

I object to the bad thai music they play for 5 min before the pui yai talks, and sometimes later. Cant they just have a short alarm clock warning or something before????

tradition tradition the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation

one of the things we in the west have lost a long time ago

so now we roll in to a place and want to change them to

ya ya the almighty money spitting white guy

Edited by localguy

The village broadcasts do reach most of the people with the latest local events and anouncements. Kind of reminds me of the old multi party phone lines in rural areas but the speaker system is hands free.