Your Favourite Restaurant That Isnt Thai

sassc

Hello, I've been in Thailand for 5 weeks now and really need some good food that isn't Thai. Don't get me wrong I love thai food but i just need some variety... What are your favourite restaurant? Is there somewhere you go for a particular dish? Also does anyone know where to get a good vindaloo curry?

I'm in BKK at the moment but will happily take suggestions for other parts of the country!

Thanks in advance,

Joy :o

mmm... food

BAIYOKE SUITE HOTEL

Sky Lounge Restaurant

02 255-0330 ext 7303

Evening buffet. Around 350B

A few Thai dishes, but mostly western. Nice live jazz music in the evening.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

From another thread...

Italian , L'opera Sukhumvit 39.

Japanese , well there's loads of great places but the Fuji chain is not bad; also good Japanese and Korean restaurants on Thong Lor north of Thong Lor stop on BTS

For Irish / English , As before Dubliner (great quality) or Bulls Head (great value) Suk 33/1

American / Mexican (Tex / Mex) Woodstock Thonglor 13 , Roadhouse corner Suriwong /Rama 4

Joy, walk down soi 11 from sukhumvit until you get to a German restaurant and they do a whole pig roasted Friday nights but today's Saturday so go next door to the best Italian restaurant in town (don't know names of either but hard to miss)

For Indian vindaloo, there are any number of places around, but one very nice place with a pleasant setting, several different vindaloo varieties and easy access is Mrs. Balbir's... located on Suk Soi 11-1, just a couple minutes walk from the Nana BTS station.

I'm in Rangsit at the moment staying with my yai(nanna) so tomorrow morning will catch the bus to MBK, get on the BTS to Nana and have lunch at Mrs. Balbir's... for dinner i can't decide hmm... italian or buffet

Thank you for the suggestions. They have not gone to waste!

I've just decided what I'm having for lunch to be exact... Vegetable Samosa, Chicken Vindaloo, Tarka Dal, Butter Naan and Raita. They will most probably laugh in my face when I finish ordering. I'm only a small thing. That happened in Phuket 4 weeks ago when I ordered 1 entree, 2 mains and rice. but I finished it all bar 1 crispy crab ball...555555

Edited by sassc

scoozipizza yes Scoozi Pizza :o

I have tons of fave non-thai places but that is my current fave in BKK. Nice thin crust wood fired pizzas, I do have to note that the best are the spicier ones. Am going to try the 4 cheese pizza tmw.

I like several sushi places and a few Italian places too. Strangely I still have not tried Bourbon Street!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are ever in Pattaya try the La Stroganoff Restaurant in Soi 13/1 closer to Beach Rd than Second RD on the right as you walk towards the beach. Have three course meal for 260 baht which is excellent. An extra 20 baht if you haave the fillet steak with pepper sauce. Also Rins bar in Pattaya New Plaza opposite the famous Soi 8 has an excellent roast Sunday lunch for 120 baht.

4 cheese pizza sounds real good. Let me know how it goes down.

I just checked out http://www.baiyokehotel.com/index.php?site...b=2〈=en

I have to go here purely for their video. Looks good also :D

Are you serious about Baiyoke? :o Spend a little more and go to either the sunday brunch buffet at the Sukhothai or Marriott Riverside. You can thank me later.

Are you serious about Baiyoke? :o Spend a little more and go to either the sunday brunch buffet at the Sukhothai or Marriott Riverside. You can thank me later.

I Agree, Baiyoke is an hypertouristic medium quality buffet, and if you go when an organized chinese tour is eating...

Tell me more about Sukhotai and Marriot, I'm interested.

I Agree, Baiyoke is an hypertouristic medium quality buffet, and if you go when an organized chinese tour is eating...

Tell me more about Sukhotai and Marriot, I'm interested.

Last time I was at the Sukhothai, too long now I must admit, it was a cheese lovers, parma ham and other delicasies paradise. To give you an example, the cheese table (if that's what is was called) was 3 meters long and I am not talking about chedder!!! The other things like smoked salmon, cured meats and other yummies were equally as big. Can't remember the price exactly, but somewhere around 1200 baht not including wine. One can easily spend 2 hours here in blissful epicurean heaven. The Marriot Riverside (although not a convenient for those of us on this side of the river) is equally good. Double check the times at each place. Both are all you can indulge buffets.

Better than spending two hours at a soapy IMO.

Trader Vics at Marriott Riverside

Sunday is brunch at Trader Vic's

Baht 1,599 per person includes signature Mai Tai cocktails, draft beer, soft drinks and juices

Baht 1,899 per person includes a selection of wines

This is all you can drink.

Trying to find photos of the brunch for pure salivation purposes only.