Calling All Phetchabun Region Tvf'ers

Spee

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for all the input!

8th is confirmed - We are leaving from bkk at around 3 pm and hit Petchabun - well...no idea how long it would take.

As for the locals: Please suggest a place where we can meet and greet over a beer and some Farang food. The Missus cannot eat Thai.

Burapha Hotel on main highway 21 in Phetchabun is only 500 - 600 baht per room and is very comfortable for the price. The Kosit Hill Hotel is good but I dont think really worth paying the extra for unless you use the swimming pool. Burapha has a niteclub with live music and cheap drinks, it also has a massage room. Just around the corner from it is the country pub which is a nice small bar which has live music i think at weekends. You can get directions to the second bus station which has numerous restaurants and bars to keep your thirst quenched. There is a niteclub just up from Burapha hotel called Oasis which is ok and Kosit Hill Hotel has niteclub behind it also.

If you can find the Izusu showroom opposite KFC then go towards traffic lights right side of KFC you will find a coffee shop where many expats from UK ,Aus drink during the day as it closes around 6pm. Large Leo 40baht. Another drinking place during the day is near the main market but I think it is mostly german expats that drink there and some from UK.

First off thanks a lot to aithch52 for shopwing us the Kosit hotel and it was a pleasure meeting you! Too bad you were tired and could not stay for dinner/drinks.

The Kosit is indeed quite nice, and that the internet crapped out on the very night I stay there....well...so it was well past 9 pm when I finally got all my e-mailing on GPRS done and then I just had a dinner in the restaurant next door with the Missus.

Sorry guys in case you were waiting for me somewhere, but modern technology made it impossible to get the job done in time...

• 1 month later...

how did the meeting go? I live in chondaen, 1h drive from Petchabun. We will be in petchbabun many times this week, because of our wedding. We have around 10 farang guests staying in kosit hill, so send me a PM if u wanna meet some europeans (scandi's and germans!)

cheers