Democrats And 40 Senators Press Charge Against Somchai Wongsawat

Guest Reimar

Guest Reimar

FROM TOC

Govt to Investigate Bloody Dispersal between Police and PAD at Parliament

UPDATE : 9 October 2008

Cabinet has decided to set up two committees; the first one to investigate the violence in the clash between police and PAD supporters outside Parliament on Tuesday while the other committee will take care of protestors and police officers who were injured in the incident.

Today, Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat chaired the Cabinet meeting at the temporary Government House at Bangkok's Don Muang Airport. Before the meeting, Somchai refused to give the media an interview.

He later revealed that Cabinet has decided to set up two committees. The first one will investigate the cause of the incident on October 7th where police used force against PAD protestors at Parliament. The second committee will dispense help to both police officers and PAD protestors injured in the incident. He said the government will invite outsiders to sit on this committee and the names of the committee member should be known in a few days.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister's Office Minister, Sukhunpong Ngonkham said he is not worried about the nickname "criminal government", as he believes that most of the public still thinks positively about the government.

The Prime Minister's Office Minister repeated that attempts to organise a four-way meeting between the prime minister, the Senate speaker, the House speaker, and the Opposition leader to solve the political problem will continue, despite the Democrats announcing that they will not attend the session.

Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister, Somsak Prissana-nanthakul said medical and weapons experts and representatives from the Justice Ministry will be appointed to the committee, while members of the government will not get involved in the panel.

Somsak stated that the committee will find the facts about Tuesday's violence. He asked the PAD to think carefully about any action and to think of the benefit of the nation as a priority.

The agriculture minister said he believes a Parliament dissolution is not the right answer and that the Constitution should be amended before holding another general election.

Labour Minister, Uraiwan Tienthong expressed concern about the country's political situation, and disagrees with the PAD protesting at government agencies. She calls for unity.

In the meantime, the Research Institute at Bangkok University conducted a survey on the public response to Tuesday's dispersal of the PAD rally. Of 1,180 people, 55.1 percent disagreed with the police carrying out a tear gas attack against the protesters.

Most of the respondents agree with former Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh's action to take responsibility for the incident by resigning from his post.

40.2 percent have lost their confidence in Prime Minister Somchai's administration, and only 6.6 percent still have confidence.

46.8 percent believe Parliament dissolution is the best way solution.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reimar

FROM TOC

Experts Insist PAD Protestors' Wounds Caused by Explosives

Medical experts have concluded that the deaths and injuries from the police crackdown on the PAD protesters at Parliament were definitely caused by explosives rather than teargas.

Meanwhile, Her Majesty the Queen has granted an additional 100,000 baht to Rajawithee Hospital for the PAD protesters and 200,000 baht to Police Hospital for the injured police officers.

Her Majesty the Queen has graciously granted 100,000 baht to Rajawithee Hospital to be used for the medical expenses for those injured during Tuesday's clash and 200,000 baht to Police Hospital for the injured police officers.

Her Majesty already granted 300,000 baht earlier.

Meanwhile, at a seminar today, doctors from Chulalongkorn Hospital, Ramathibodi Hospital, and Vajira Hospital presented pictures of wounds and treatments given to PAD protesters who were injured in Tuesday's crackdown by the police.

The seminar concluded that the injuries and loss of limbs were caused by deadly weapons and not from the pressure from teargas bullets and canisters.

Doctors added that they did not smell any teargas from the wounds while operating on the protesters who needed surgery.

However, the doctors weren't able to conclude what kind of weapons caused the injuries and said that is a police duty to find that out for the public.

In the meantime, doctors at Rajawithee Hospital said 46-year-old PAD protester, Rungtiwa Thartniyom still in critical condition. She has undergone three surgeries to repair wounds to her skull and face but remains unconscious and may never wake up again.

FROM TOC

Administrative Court Grants PAD Protection against Violent Crackdown

The Administrative Court approve the PAD's request for the court's protection against more violent crackdowns by the government and police.

The court has granted the PAD a temporary protection against violent attacks sanctioned by the government or the National Police. It has ordered the authorities to adhere to internationally acceptable riot control practices.

The riot control practices WERE internationally acceptable and even restrained considering the protesters were armed with explosive munitions.......

PAD's "New Politics", is a democracy skewed to reduce the influence of the rural masses.

If the Thai elite / PAD would spend more time educating and providing opportunity for the "rural masses" then maybe they could get enough voters to make the changes they seek. So sad ......

a democracy skewed to reduce the influence of the rural masses.

I've just answered that in another thread. Exactly the same words.

Are you trying to flood the board, Scubadude?

How are PAD/elites would go about educating the "rural masses" when the government has complete control over brainwashing mechanisms in this country? The goverment is not going to educate anyone, or they'd lose their grip on power.

Hi all.

I see no police victims of explosive munitions, And yes on the side of the unarmed

protestors nearly 500 maimed and injured and 3 dead, all caused by explosive munitions,according to doctors who treated them.

phupaman

No, the police were shot directly and stabbed and speared. The PAD blew themselves up, at least one of them did. and the unfortunate young girl, as I read was close to the explosion by the Jeep.

Scubadude joined 3 months ago and has 18 posts total. You have over 6000 posts - most of them silly rants. But why am I not surprised you feel that he is 'flooding' the board.

You all know what I'm talking about!

Tell the truth only! And that's what isn't done in most of the cases here, it's just a repeating of readed reports pp, which in most of the cases not true or even censored for those who done the censor!

Don't forget that a foreigner will never understand the mentality, culture and character of Thais.

Don't forget that foreigner, and that's the most of you, are Guest in this country.

If you don't like what's going on here, go back to your country, but don't get involved as long as you stay in this country.

I've listen many times from many foreigner from different countries, that they wouldn't allow Thais to get involved in their country affairs. Why you claim to get involved here? You don't have any more right as others.

Be objective and don't "run" with the masses!

And don't use that name again Mr. Noname, or Fiction or Beachcom... or who ever you are, I mean YOU: way to go Fritz. :D:o

My god he's right !! ............But hang on I don't remember the thais telling foreigners NOT TO GET INVOLVED in the awful aftermath of the Tsunami, which was (although not exclusively) a thai affair. The hands of the thai were out of their pockets in a flash asking for help, money, volunteers to help them rebuild etc. from which ever foreign government would listen. And now the he has the audacity to suggest that we should go back to our own country and not get involved!!!! Remember the door swings both ways!!!

Buddy i've got news for you. This is my country too!!!! It may not be the country of my birth but it's my country. I live here, my wife was born her, my three daughters were born here, I work here, i own a house here, i pay taxes here (which help run the government - you could say i'm one of many the many paymasters to the government, and taxes by default give me the right to get involved. After all why shouldn't i have an opinion about the people i help payroll through my taxes?) And i am certianly not a guest . I along with no doubt many thousands of other expats are active and valuable members of thai society. So please remember that your vicious comments upset your fellow country men.

Peace and Equality for All !!

Cheers

jonclark>> Sadly you are incorrect.

The specifically told people NOT to come here and help and threatened all voluntaries to be thrown out of the country due to lack of valid work permits.

They openly claimed that they needed no help.

Scubadude joined 3 months ago and has 18 posts total. You have over 6000 posts - most of them silly rants. But why am I not surprised you feel that he is 'flooding' the board.

I'm just asking, at this point I have no reason to believe that "scubadude" is a sleeper account of some other member who pulls it up when need arises. I also noticed that he posted only 18 messages in several months, but this morning posts in different threads are nearly identical, in some places word for word, and not exactly related to thread topics.

>>>

Just checked - three identical posts this morning in three different threads, each one mentions "skewering rural masses". This practice used be against the rules, btw, but you, Clausewit, wouldn't care about the rules, would you?

Edited by Plus

I'm just asking, at this point I have no reason to believe that "scubadude" is a sleeper account of some other member who pulls it up when need arises. I also noticed that he posted only 18 messages in several months, but this morning posts in different threads are nearly identical, in some places word for word, and not exactly related to thread topics.

How can someone with 18 messages in several months be "flooding" the board?

I must ask those people wht would happen if the rule of law was abandoned and each person was allowed to do as they wish. Some people might like to rob banks to get their money instead of working and providing a improvement for the country. Others might like to kill people that disagree with them. - yes sure if it is the government doing it and poeple go out on the streets to protest that it's their constitutional rights - haven't read that they aren' t anymore in force! It is the government's responsibiliy and duty to maintain law and order and to prosecute ALL law-breakers. - See this government shoud have arrested itself! Surely we must all agree that PAD was acting in violation of existing Thai law and therefore gave the Government no option but to enforece the Thai laws.

We could or can agree, but nobody must agree it's directing, dictating!

In a Democracy all people have the same right to opinions within the established law including the right to change the laws and select their leaders. - yes as in following the laws! Alll have to, all even politicians! Same, same, sir! The notion of class in a Democracy is silly in the context of Democratic Governance. The concept of class is necessary for anarchy. If that is what the people Thailand want, I don't have a problem with that.

i don't think that any Thai People, even the protesting PAD people want anarchy or to dislodge the foundations of society - I think that they are out there to exactly PROTECT this from further harm and exploitation, they are exercising their rights as citizen of this country to demonstrate against a government that wont step down, follow the rules of law...

I do have a problem with someone telling that because I wasn't born in a certain place that I don't have the intelligence to comprehend wihat is happening in a "Democracy". This has absolutely nothing to do with national origin or culture. These are baseless arguments that are typically used to try to dominate like trying win a debate by shouting louder. Sorry, but this is exactly "shouting louder" polemics at its worst, sir!

Take your pills and let's have a civil discussion. - Quite funny too, now you are not only "shouting louder" but tell every body to shut up! Well, "take your pills", I am utterly sorry, Sir, but what you are trying to tell the audience I would consider undercover propaganda against the very people who wish to bring in changes and they will, they are determined the more then ever after yesterday's event's repeating almost exactly 32 years later on it's very anniversary

Edited by Samuian

FROM TOC

Chamlong Challenges PM to Use Himself as Target to Prove Only Teargas Used

UPDATE : 10 October 2008

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Chamlong Srimuang refuted the government’s claim that only teargas was used against the PAD protesters on October 7th. He dared PM Somchai Wongsawat to use himself as target to prove that only non-lethal teargas pellets were used.

PAD leader Chamlong Srimuang made an appearance on the PAD stage for the first time last night after he was taken into police custody on Sunday.

He was arrested and taken into police custody last Sunday when he was casting his vote in the Bangkok governor election. Authorities claim Chamlong deliberately provoked the arrest to encourage more PAD protesters to join their fellow protesters at Government House. But the two-term former Bangkok governor claimed it's his democratic responsibility to exercise his rights to vote for the new Bangkok governor.

Chamlong’s called on PM Somchai Wongsawat and high-ranking police officers who condoned the attacks against the PAD to take responsibility for the bloodshed.

The PAD leader had brushed aside the government and police’s insistence that only non-lethal teargas pellets were used against the protesters. Chamlong cited the testimonies of various leading medical experts that indicated that injuries were caused by something much more deadly than teargas grenades.

He criticized the police for not strictly adhere to the internationally-accepted riot control protocol. The PAD leader then challenged PM Somchai to use himself as target to prove that the teargas pellets were indeed not lethal as claimed by the police and the government.

FROM TOC

Former Deputy Police Commissioner to Gather Forces to Disperse PAD from Govt House

Pol General Salang Bunnag, a former deputy police commissioner vowed to gather as many as 1,000 police officers to personally disperse PAD protesters from Government House.

Pol General Salang Bunnag, a former deputy police commissioner, claimed he's sold his personnal belongings to finance his personal goal to drive the PAD from the Government House.

He's called on police officers who wish to participate in the crackdown to contact him personnally.

Is the Government seeking an excuse for themself? Who will really believe that Pol General Salang Bunnag?

I must ask those people wht would happen if the rule of law was abandoned and each person was allowed to do as they wish. Some people might like to rob banks to get their money instead of working and providing a improvement for the country. Others might like to kill people that disagree with them. - yes sure if it is the government doing it and poeple go out on the streets to protest that it's their constitutional rights - haven't read that they aren' t anymore in force! It is the government's responsibiliy and duty to maintain law and order and to prosecute ALL law-breakers. - See this government shoud have arrested itself! Surely we must all agree that PAD was acting in violation of existing Thai law and therefore gave the Government no option but to enforece the Thai laws.

We could or can agree, but nobody must agree it's directing, dictating!

In a Democracy all people have the same right to opinions within the established law including the right to change the laws and select their leaders. - yes as in following the laws! Alll have to, all even politicians! Same, same, sir! The notion of class in a Democracy is silly in the context of Democratic Governance. The concept of class is necessary for anarchy. If that is what the people Thailand want, I don't have a problem with that.

i don't think that any Thai People, even the protesting PAD people want anarchy or to dislodge the foundations of society - I think that they are out there to exactly PROTECT this from further harm and exploitation, they are exercising their rights as citizen of this country to demonstrate against a government that wont step down, follow the rules of law...

I do have a problem with someone telling that because I wasn't born in a certain place that I don't have the intelligence to comprehend wihat is happening in a "Democracy". This has absolutely nothing to do with national origin or culture. These are baseless arguments that are typically used to try to dominate like trying win a debate by shouting louder. Sorry, but this is exactly "shouting louder" polemics at its worst, sir!

Take your pills and let's have a civil discussion. - Quite funny too, now you are not only "shouting louder" but tell every body to shut up! Well, "take your pills", I am utterly sorry, Sir, but what you are trying to tell the audience I would consider undercover propaganda against the very people who wish to bring in changes and they will, they are determined the more then ever after yesterday's event's repeating almost exactly 32 years later on it's very anniversary

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry that you didn't understand the purpose of my post. I was not advocating for any side. I was not dictating. I was only pointing out that for any 2 intelligent people to reach a compromise they have to strive to find common ground. Therefore, they must search for this common ground within the existing laws. Shouting in red isn't very helpful in this endeavor. A civil discourse would be helpful.

Anti-PAD posts are flooding, pro-dictatorship posts are not; ok, now we get it.

HHmmmm, ya think... NOT.

Some of us are trying to simply stem the tide of 'Thaksin for Dictator' posts.

That may not be the literal wording, but it IS the net end effect of

let PPP do their thing for 'democratic purism'.

Scare mongers who aren't scared of the REAL danger.

I must ask those people wht would happen if the rule of law was abandoned

and each person was allowed to do as they wish.

The concept of class is necessary for anarchy.

Free will would mean some people would ignore the social contract

and injure others. Amoral people exist, hense the need for laws

and enforcement. Sadly when the amoral, or at least weak moraled,

controled by the amoral, control the levers of power then something must be done.

Often those seeking, or in power, are the most easily drawn and twisted by it's grasp.

Sycophants and weedlers talking bilge, and the ability to be Yes Sir'd till you really believe it.

Nothing like being 'The Boss' no backtalk to warp ones mind for good.

Sometimes those amorly controled things are such a challenge to defeat

that things normally below ones typical moral rectitude are needed

to force a just ending.

It is ONLY when one gets caught up in a necessary lesser evil

to end a much greater evil, that the problems of power madness set in.

As to Class being necessary for anarchy... poppycock.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

Anarchy

1. Absence of government; the state of society where there is no law or supreme power;

a state of lawlessness; political confusion. Spread anarchy and terror all around. --Cowper.

2. Hence, confusion or disorder, in general.

There being then . . . an anarchy, as I may term it, in authors and their re?koning of years. --Fuller.

Or

Dictionary.com Unabridged

1. a state of society without government or law.

2. political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control:

The death of the king was followed by a year of anarchy.

3. a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal

and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups

as the principal mode of organized society.

4. confusion; chaos; disorder: Intellectual and moral anarchy followed his loss of faith.

It say absolutely diddly squat about ANY class structuring.

In fact the basis negates ALL class structuring at all.

One might be better served not throwing good words around randomly.

Save then for their true meaning.

Edited by animatic

Hey, I'm all for a coup now. It's the only way to get rid of the PAD! The PPP has proved impotent.

That will be the worst thing that could happen.

I applaud the sensibility shown by the military not to get involved...remember the PPP was voted in by majority the PAD demonstrators are only 5,000 if a coup happens all of those PPP voters will come out...investors are running scared already, do you really want your country to dive into the abyss of deep recession...I don't, because it'll be the poor that will suffer most, the affluent PAD protestors who don't have to work hence have time to hang around and rant, wont get too effected by it..it'll be the poor, those people whom the PAD has said are too stupid to vote for their own good and need them the intellectual feudal elite to do it for them...fascist that they are.

This is not an issue for military intervention..it is a political one and one that the courts ought to say to the PAD leave this place you have been asked to do so since July, you lost the election, live with it

Hey, I'm all for a coup now. It's the only way to get rid of the PAD! The PPP has proved impotent.

Incompetent would be a better word for them.

But it's like the old one about 5 blind men examining an elephant

Each knows only what his hands can tell him.

So they all get it wrong, because the field of view is too limited.

Or constricted : for whatever reasons in PPP's cabinet members cases.

The other parable is that committee's without a strong leader

build bridges without on and off ramps.

This ALSO goes if the real leaderis doing it by remote control

and all and sundry must WAIT for the master to speak before making a decisions,

but he is always 6 hours off schedule.

You seem to think 'get rid of PAD' will solve the countries problems.

What a gloriously myopic viewpoint.

That leaves us with a un-monitored clutch of incompetents running the country

without any viable opposition,

and THAT describes Thaksin's TRT days to a T, and that's how we arrived at this mess.

Pad is the angry dog barking and yelping,

but warning that a burglar is cracking the window again.

FROM TOC

Former Deputy Police Commissioner to Gather Forces to Disperse PAD from Govt House

Pol General Salang Bunnag, a former deputy police commissioner vowed to gather as many as 1,000 police officers to personally disperse PAD protesters from Government House.

Pol General Salang Bunnag, a former deputy police commissioner, claimed he's sold his personnal belongings to finance his personal goal to drive the PAD from the Government House.

He's called on police officers who wish to participate in the crackdown to contact him personnally.

Is the Government seeking an excuse for themself? Who will really believe that Pol General Salang Bunnag?

First Assistant Wingnut bucking for a BIG promotion in the new regime he wants.

If I say it LOUD enough I will have a bigger wanger,

and maybe tyhe bank account will swell too.

Deplorable grandstanding, he sold his house to disperse PAD.

Adjust the meds dude, adjust the meds.

You all know what I'm talking about!

Tell the truth only! And that's what isn't done in most of the cases here, it's just a repeating of readed reports pp, which in most of the cases not true or even censored for those who done the censor!

Don't forget that a foreigner will never understand the mentality, culture and character of Thais.

Don't forget that foreigner, and that's the most of you, are Guest in this country.

If you don't like what's going on here, go back to your country, but don't get involved as long as you stay in this country.

I've listen many times from many foreigner from different countries, that they wouldn't allow Thais to get involved in their country affairs. Why you claim to get involved here? You don't have any more right as others.

Be objective and don't "run" with the masses!

And don't use that name again Mr. Noname, or Fiction or Beachcom... or who ever you are, I mean YOU: way to go Fritz. :D:o

Er yes reimer, nice post but can I just say a couple of words about the Thai community in England. Many of the Thais I know in the U.K have been in the U.K for over 7 years and have taken up British Citizenship. They work hard, pay their taxes and some of them vote if they have bothered to register themselves on the electoral role. They are legally regarded as ordinary citizens and taken on the whole ,are a welcome addition to Englands cosmopolitan society.

We have other immigrants in England, also British passport holders, who are not happy at all and express their dissatisfaction by getting on buses with bombs and killing themselves and as many innocent bystanders as possible. Those who make a mess of suicide also get treated in hospital and when they are healed go to court to face trial. If they have no funds the state allots them a lawyer at tax payers expense.

As for your advise about foreigners not getting involved in Thai politics, you have a point as indeed it is something you will have to work out for yourselves. Presumably you think this advice also applies to Siracha John, H90 , animatic and other frequent posters since they are as guilty as anyone of expressing political opinions on a subject that you rightly infer is none of our business regardless of how much time or money we have spent here, some of us even doing voluntary work to help the Thai people.

And while I think of it I have a question to ask which I hope will not anger you as it is a reasonable question. At the top of the home page of Thai Visa, its says : ' Expats Forum ' . If you are a Thai then clearly you are not an expat ?? Therefore, being Thai you have the chance to post on one of the many Thai forums available on the internet. Since foreigners have cannot vote they have no other place to discuss these things except on forums like this. If you don't like some of the comments you read why does it bother you so much as it is only hot air and influences no one ? It doesn't bother me to see you on this forum so I would like to think my presence here doesn't bother you.

Edited by Bangyai

That will be the worst thing that could happen.

I applaud the sensibility shown by the military not to get involved...remember the PPP was voted in by majority the PAD demonstrators are only 5,000 if a coup happens all of those PPP voters will come out...investors are running scared already, do you really want your country to dive into the abyss of deep recession...I don't, because it'll be the poor that will suffer most, the affluent PAD protestors who don't have to work hence have time to hang around and rant, wont get too effected by it..it'll be the poor, those people whom the PAD has said are too stupid to vote for their own good and need them the intellectual feudal elite to do it for them...fascist that they are.

This is not an issue for military intervention..it is a political one and one that the courts ought to say to the PAD leave this place you have been asked to do so since July, you lost the election, live with it

5.000, if you may recall when they marched to Government house Reuters estimated them with 550.000 (sure can be found somewhere on the internet).

The PAD did not lost any election......

I told you that PPP is proven impotent for anything since month....

While I agree with coup....but what then?

PAD would go home and that will make you happy.

But than? Put who in power...Neither PPP nor PAD else the problems will get bigger.

Anupong?? I doubt he know much about politics.

Chavalit?? Do you think he can move the country forward???

someone from the Democrates?? Would make some people upset....

A mix of PPP and PAD with Chavalit as premier will not stay 2 month

That is the main problem

FROM TOC

Sondhi: PAD to Tell the World about Govt's Inhumane Crackdown of Protesters

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Sondhi Limthongkul is prepared to disclose the details of the attacks against the PAD protesters, a crackdown that has been labeled as inhumane by the public and human rights groups. DVDs of the events that took place on October 7th have been sent out to embassies around Thailand.

The PAD hopes the international community will be able to draw their own conclusions on what really happened to the protesters.

Sondhi Limthongkul took the PAD stage at Government House last night. On behalf of the PAD, he's denied any responsibility or involvement in the hijacking of a Bangkok Mass Transit Authority bus number 23. He explained that the PAD has no reason to hijack the bus and this was merely an attempt to discredit the protesters.

The PAD leader added that the PAD is currently verifying the information that links several well-respected figures to the Thaksin regime. He's confident the PAD will be able to disclose the information during the leaders' speeches tonight. In fact the PAD leader revealed that DVD documentary on the events that took place on October 7th would be sent to foreign news agencies and embassies in Thailand.

Referring to the international crowd control protocol adopted by the U.S., Sondhi explained that the Thai police are only experienced in using their guns against the unarmed protesters. He reiterated that the police were required to engage the PAD in a negotiation before they attempt to crackdown on the protesters.

Sondhi concluded by hinting that the PAD is currently planning a major activity. But he declined to disclose any of the details to the PAD protesters. He vowed that the activity will benefit the public, both in the short and long run.

Well, we're drifting away from the topic slightly but since its been posted I should say that Sondhi is being hypocritical as usual. The Manager Media Group, owned by Sondhi, published the home addresses of Mr Chotisak and Ms Jitra Kotchadej ( union leader at Triumph ) and urged that people should attack them . Their ' crimes ' not standing in the cinema and wearing a politically incorrect t-shirt, hardly justifing the violence Mr. Sondhi advocated. His attitude is that violence is the perogative of the PAD and no one else. He and Chamlong fully understood that being provocative and aggressive would probably end in violence but in their eyes it is just a means to an end. For full article :

www.prachatai.com/english/news.php?id=642

FROM TOC

Sondhi: PAD to Tell the World about Govt's Inhumane Crackdown of Protesters

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Sondhi Limthongkul is prepared to disclose the details of the attacks against the PAD protesters, a crackdown that has been labeled as inhumane by the public and human rights groups. DVDs of the events that took place on October 7th have been sent out to embassies around Thailand.

The PAD hopes the international community will be able to draw their own conclusions on what really happened to the protesters.

Sondhi Limthongkul took the PAD stage at Government House last night. On behalf of the PAD, he's denied any responsibility or involvement in the hijacking of a Bangkok Mass Transit Authority bus number 23. He explained that the PAD has no reason to hijack the bus and this was merely an attempt to discredit the protesters.

The PAD leader added that the PAD is currently verifying the information that links several well-respected figures to the Thaksin regime. He's confident the PAD will be able to disclose the information during the leaders' speeches tonight. In fact the PAD leader revealed that DVD documentary on the events that took place on October 7th would be sent to foreign news agencies and embassies in Thailand.

Referring to the international crowd control protocol adopted by the U.S., Sondhi explained that the Thai police are only experienced in using their guns against the unarmed protesters. He reiterated that the police were required to engage the PAD in a negotiation before they attempt to crackdown on the protesters.

Sondhi concluded by hinting that the PAD is currently planning a major activity. But he declined to disclose any of the details to the PAD protesters. He vowed that the activity will benefit the public, both in the short and long run.

Well, we're drifting away from the topic slightly but since its been posted I should say that Sondhi is being hypocritical as usual. The Manager Media Group, owned by Sondhi, published the home addresses of Mr Chotisak and Ms Jitra Kotchadej ( union leader at Triumph ) and urged that people should attack them . Their ' crimes ' not standing in the cinema and wearing a politically incorrect t-shirt, hardly justifing the violence Mr. Sondhi advocated. His attitude is that violence is the perogative of the PAD and no one else. He and Chamlong fully understood that being provocative and aggressive would probably end in violence but in their eyes it is just a means to an end. For full article :

www.prachatai.com/english/news.php?id=642

The prachatai news is dated in May. Don't you think it is a bit old? BTW do you have the address in hand?

Probably mirrors Toxin's thoughts exactly right now.............your surname wouldn't happen to be Shina......nah.........they have better things to do than sit at their keyboards all day posting inane anti-PAD two liners and pretend to lurve democracy. Haven't you got a tub to sail on the rising Gulf sunset? Shouldn't you be checking it's still at its moorings and not been swamped by the rising tide? :D

Bet old square face would love a coup led by his intrepid cousin Chaisit and Salang Bunnag (the cop who has a string of extra-judicial killings to his name as long as your mast). :o